Smaller Run on Hasbro ML 2 Series?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Smaller Run on Hasbro ML 2 Series?

Postby Buzzy Fret » Fri May 25, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm wondering if orders for HB ML 2 were kinda light and so not as many were produced?

Reasons for thinking so:

1) I still see plenty of the HB ML 1 figures warming pegs, the only exception being Ultimate Iron Man.

2) I have only seen a few of HB ML 2 at 1 Wal-Mart in my town (1 ea of JG, SH, Jugs, Xorn and UW and I bought X & UW) and since that one time I have seen no more at either Wal-Mart, Target or TRU.

3) I ordered YJ, QS and 2 Thors direct from HB and got them but a few days after I was informed my order shipped I was on their web store and saw that Thor, YJ, QS and SH are SOLD OUT with no note about when they might be in stock again.

4) I'm seeing the HB ML 2 Thor going for outrageous prices on different action figure web stores. One store wanted $45!

Are they plentiful in other towns? Do I live in the last place to ever get new toys? Or is it that HB ML 2 orders were in the toilet so HB execs said "Cut production by 2/3 and make more Star Wars!" I mean how many freakin' Darth Vaders, Yodas and Boba Fets can they make already?! I digress...

Opinions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 5:03 pm

xP Nah, I have seen absolutely nothing new out here in Los Angeles (Hollywood). I had to go a coulple dozen miles out into the middle of nowhere just to find the DCSH Azrael, and I haven't seen any of the newer ones. New MLs are just as scarce, I have to go 20 miles just to have a chance at finding them at KB Toys.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby hawkeye » Fri May 25, 2007 6:22 pm

I heard Thor was short-packed and I havent seen any here yet. I guess they dont want to clog the market and compete against themselves with SM3.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Re: Smaller Run on Hasbro ML 2 Series?

Postby DrSean » Fri May 25, 2007 6:49 pm

Buzzy_Fret wrote:
Opinions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

My math teacher does that....

But yeah. I've seen all except variants at KB. And a Meijer had Wolvie, Xorn, and YJ. I have YJ and Xorn.
DrSean
Avid Realmer

Postby 18thstreet-Geppetto » Fri May 25, 2007 11:15 pm

I m from chi town and Ive seen dozens of them, even in the bodega corner stores in my hood have a full set of them and there mostly there to just sell liquor and groceries, the only one that has been hard to find is the wolverine, you vatos need to get out of the booneys
God dosen't talk to me anymore............... so chingate'
trade list-http://figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11191&p=64519#p64519
18thstreet-Geppetto
Avid Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri May 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Chinatown!? I'm taking the bus tomorrow and seeing this magical land for myself :lol: Thanks, man!
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby 18thstreet-Geppetto » Fri May 25, 2007 11:39 pm

NO CHI- TOWN chicago homie mid west broootha, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God dosen't talk to me anymore............... so chingate'
trade list-http://figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11191&p=64519#p64519
18thstreet-Geppetto
Avid Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Sat May 26, 2007 8:35 am

Well dang... My wife is from Chicago. Maybe I should be calling my in-laws and getting them to pick me up some!
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby somethingdifferent » Sat May 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Thor is not short packed because I have already bought two. And I have only seen all the others once except She-Hulk.
somethingdifferent
Regular Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat May 26, 2007 11:49 pm

Well, the DCSH Steel wasn't short-packed either but I haven't seen a single one of those out here (or anything other than Superman for that matter :( ). I don't know what that proves but I'm pretty sure there's some funky distribution going on, they're all ending up in Tennesee >_<
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Return to General Action Figure Chatter