Ebayers Paying More For Loose Figures?!

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Ebayers Paying More For Loose Figures?!

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:39 pm

OK, I had bids on some loose, un-rare, fairly new ML figures on Ebay and I didn't win. Why? Because I'm not crazy enough to pay double retail price!!

Example -

Loose HB ML2 Ult Wolverine- went for over $16 - I just ordered it brand new from Hasbro for $10 and around $3 for shipping! Why would somebody want to pay MORE for a loose figure than you could easily buy it new for?

Loose HB ML2 Xorn - same thing

Loose TB ML FO Sabretooth - not the variant mind you - over $27!! You can buy the FO 2 Pack new and get the Wolverine for less than that - shipping included!

:evil: Grrrrrrrr....
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby 18thstreet-Geppetto » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:45 pm

shhhhh thats how I make money, plus I think its people who cant get there hands on it in there area
Last edited by 18thstreet-Geppetto on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
God dosen't talk to me anymore............... so chingate'
trade list-http://figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11191&p=64519#p64519
18thstreet-Geppetto
Avid Realmer

Postby VariablePenguin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 pm

I think it's more likely they have buddies raising the prices for them, but then it backfires.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 am

18thstreet-Geppetto wrote:shhhhh thats how I make money, plus I think its people who cant get there hands on it in there area

If they can buy it on Ebay - they can buy it at TRU.com, KBT.com or Hasbro.com. So they can get their hands on it. It still doesn't make sense.

I'm sure a lot of it is that people treat Ebay bidding like a game - it's not how much they pay, they just want to win the auction. It's like a gambling addiction.

WTH I'm probably gonna cash in with a couple figures I have.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:26 am

Thats nuts! They sell the loose figures and sell the BAF sepratly? What a scam.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:48 am

Dr.Hawkeye Ph.D wrote:Thats nuts! They sell the loose figures and sell the BAF sepratly? What a scam.

I wouldn't call it a scam - the sellers state in the auction that the figure is loose, what comes with it and the shipping can be significantly lower due to the fact that the seller doesn't have to ship it in it's bulky packaging. For customizers loose figure auctions could be a great thing. But then these nutballs start this wild bidding and the price becomes unreasonable for a customizer. Who wants to pay $17 or more for a loose figure you're gonna use for a base or fodder? I could see it if you make customs to sell on Ebay and your custom figures fetch $75 or more - then maybe it's not such a big deal.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby cowboyink » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:02 pm

yes but on the other hand you can also get some hard to find figs for low low prices... like i picked up a XMC Angel Bird of Prey for 99cents
cowboyink
Fanatic Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter