Showcase Packages?

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Showcase Packages?

Postby Jin Saotome » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:04 pm

I went to submit a figure and noticed the new packages. Neat idea! But why so many choices? All with different pic and submission limits, advertising, etc. That's way too confusing, even for me. Do I want to do Knight for 6 months so I can do 6 pics and 6 submits? And is that 6 submits per month? Do I want to just advertise a tall because there's only two options? Just too many choices, everyone, including me, is going to wrack their brain trying to figure out what the best one is. I haven't purchased any plan because of that.

Another thing, the whole advertising deal. Sounds neat until I think back and remember how terribly strict the filter was about any ebay link and heck, even regular off-site links. Seems like one extreme to the other. If you want to make money, don't charge us for advertising, charge Ebay. Have FigureRealm sign up for their Affiliate program. Code it like TFW has, when someone puts their ebay link in the system condenses it and tags it with Figure Realm's rover link. That way each click-through sale or sign up makes Figure Realm money. Of course TELL PEOPLE you're doing this, lol! That's what TFW and some other boards didn't do, nobody had any idea their ebay links were making the board money.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that, we're all supporters of Figure Realm and it's better than us paying out of pocket to put our own Ebay links up.
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys
Jin Saotome
Regular Realmer

Re: Showcase Packages?

Postby Captain Coder » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jin. I'll see if I can answer some of these in a short version way ;)

Jin Saotome wrote:But why so many choices?

Partly for fun, but mainly because different people want different things. It may be a little more confusing, but the original layout had one or two options and it didn't just work out. In my experience, people always ask for more options.

Jin Saotome wrote:And is that 6 submits per month?

It's per day, and it does say that for the legend right above the table, "The maximum number of customs you can submit in a day". Maybe there's somewhere else it could be clarified?

Jin Saotome wrote:If you want to make money, don't charge us for advertising, charge Ebay.

There's several reasons we didn't do this, but mainly to keep control. We don't want to turn into an all out advertising, everybody post your links and spam away site. We aren't trying to make a bunch of advertising money, but hopefully some to help pay for the monthly equipment cost. We actually only expect a small few to choose an advertising plan, and that's to keep the advertising limited. It adds even more value to the ones that do advertise, and doesn't limit to ebay revenue sharing.

Yes, it's a new idea and things will probably be refined over time...
Captain Coder
Regulator

Re: Showcase Packages?

Postby Jin Saotome » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 am

Captain Coder wrote:
Jin Saotome wrote:And is that 6 submits per month?

It's per day, and it does say that for the legend right above the table, "The maximum number of customs you can submit in a day". Maybe there's somewhere else it could be clarified?
Oops, then I skipped over that quite a few times. Just a long list of stuff to read.

There's several reasons we didn't do this, but mainly to keep control. We don't want to turn into an all out advertising, everybody post your links and spam away site. We aren't trying to make a bunch of advertising money, but hopefully some to help pay for the monthly equipment cost. We actually only expect a small few to choose an advertising plan, and that's to keep the advertising limited. It adds even more value to the ones that do advertise, and doesn't limit to ebay revenue sharing.

Yes, it's a new idea and things will probably be refined over time...

Ahh, I gotcha. Well if you ever do decide to turn to Ebay's pocket, and that is a decent option because it's pretty much free money there, then just set up one 'ebay sales section' like the other boards have to keep the links just to one subforums. Just my feedback of course, good looking out man.
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys
Jin Saotome
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 am

Holy crap Jin posted twice in a week lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey Cap Coder why can we only post one pictre now?
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Captain Coder » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 pm

pock63 wrote:Hey Cap Coder why can we only post one pictre now?

It's still 3 as far as I know... :?:
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Captain Coder wrote:
pock63 wrote:Hey Cap Coder why can we only post one pictre now?

It's still 3 as far as I know... :?:

I gues it was my computer glitching up then.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Vash_15 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Do what you normally do, combine 4 pics into one.
Vash_15
Regular Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am

Vash_15 wrote:Do what you normally do, combine 4 pics into one.

How do you do that?
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Vash_15 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 am

Take 4 pictures, go into paint, put them all in the same picture, save it.
Vash_15
Regular Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 am

Vash_15 wrote:Take 4 pictures, go into paint, put them all in the same picture, save it.

I'll try that thanks.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments