Do I HAVE to pay to submit things to the custom showcase?

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Do I HAVE to pay to submit things to the custom showcase?

Postby CplHicks » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:32 pm

I went to submit 2 customs and it's asking me to pay.

Is there a free option with limited privelages that's aviable?

I support figure realm through reviews, submitting pictures to the checklists and by using the store. Isn't that enough?
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby BurchCustoms » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 pm

at the bottom of the rules page, after the packages are explained, click "no, maybe next time" and it will continue to the submission form.

2 customs a day, three pictures each i believe.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Ahhh many thanks!

I sort spazed out when I thought I had to pay lol.
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby BurchCustoms » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 pm

:) no worries. i did the same my first time. it was a week before pay day.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby bygtopp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

I dont like it myself i havent submitted anything since i am getting audited from the irs and havent had time to be on here and i get a chance to add up to 13 new customs that are a few months old and then wham 2 only
i have family and friends who surf the site to check out my work when it is ready to be put up and i have a few waiting now for it .

this was one of the cooler sites till i have to pay something for this - i mean i do appreicate the service you provide but there should have been a little email or notifcation on the site
bygtopp
Avid Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:43 pm

bygtopp wrote:I dont like it myself i havent submitted anything since i am getting audited from the irs and havent had time to be on here and i get a chance to add up to 13 new customs that are a few months old and then wham 2 only
i have family and friends who surf the site to check out my work when it is ready to be put up and i have a few waiting now for it .

this was one of the cooler sites till i have to pay something for this - i mean i do appreicate the service you provide but there should have been a little email or notifcation on the site

What do you mean? You don't half to pay them anything its optinal.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 pm

it's like charity, if you don't feel like donating to the "Coder needs cash" fund, just click "No, maybe later.", you don't have to pay to submit customs, it's totally up to you! :D
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby bygtopp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:53 pm

yah but the limit is 2 a day - i was ready last night to input all of them - now i cant do it for a few days of not longer
bygtopp
Avid Realmer

Postby loosecollector » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 am

Happened to me too. Was ready to post five, but then was told that I'm allowed only two.
After reading the rest, I understood why the Realm needed to limit posts and the voluntary donations.
I then hit up a donation under "squire". It may be the lowest in the menu, but I'm glad I helped the site
even a little, as it is one of the few toy sites I really enjoy visiting.
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby Esbat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:15 pm

I didnt' know this went into effect. Interesting but honestly, it costs for the bandwidth and storage space for this massive site. And due to its growing popularity and archive of customs and reviews, etc. Its a small price to pay, the limit of 2 a day, for what this site does.
Fugitives From Reality: A Webcomic!

[url=http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9016]My BAF, Loose Figure, and Accessories/Bases Emporium!
[/url]
Esbat
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:43 pm

The 2 per day is nothing personal against anybody its there to try and give every one a chance to have ther customs viewed and not have mass posters controll the entire board. Some people were dropping in excess of 12 at a time which, when you enter the customs page on the main site, is all you see. This is not fair to people who submit one figure and are cut immediatly from the list just because the guy ahead of him added ie 15 figures. Some viewers to the site do not hit the forums and only see the main page thus causing the 1 figure submitter a very low to zero chance of having his work seen by site visitor.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Before the limit you could post a custom and 10 minutes later it would vanish under a flood. It also helps the mods keep track of things better.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments