Announcing the Post-Apocalyptic Custom Contest

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Announcing the Post-Apocalyptic Custom Contest

Postby Custom Showcase » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Announcing the Post-Apocalyptic Custom Contest.

In the wake of the four horsemen we have the aftermath of the apocalypse. Your apocalyptic disaster could be the after math of a nuclear war, biological outbreak, asteroid strike, robots going mad, or anything else you can conjure up. Let’s leave out the obvious Terminators please. There are plenty of books, movies, and RPG games to go on. Include a story on what makes your character post-apocalyptic.

The wikipedia definition of Post-Apocalyptic:

Apocalyptic fiction is a sub-genre of science fiction that is concerned with the end of civilization either through nuclear war, plague, or some other general disaster. Post-apocalyptic fiction is set in a world or civilization after such a disaster. The time frame may be immediately after the catastrophe, focusing on the travails or psychology of survivors, or considerably later, often including the theme that the existence of pre-catastrophe civilization has been forgotten (or mythologized). Post-apocalyptic stories often take place in an agrarian, non-technological future world, or a world where only scattered elements of technology remain. There is a considerable degree of blurring between this form of science fiction and that which deals with false utopias or dystopic societies.

You might browse the webpage for ideas:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptic_and_post-apocalyptic_fiction
Custom Showcase
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:36 am

Wow. Cap really spruced the info on the contest up lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby leafman343 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but do any of the mods know what the contest schedule is going to be for the next couple of months?
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 pm

yep. It's a secret lol. We're trying to keep them from getting out to keep everyone on their toes.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Lord_Khan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:26 am

I was wondering, would New Gods/Fourth World characters work for this contest, since the New Gods came about after the apocalypse of the previous world.

I probably won't make any of them, because we'll probably get them in DCUC, I was just curious if that would fit under post-apocalyptic, since it doesn't fit in with the whole Mad Max-esque post-apocalyptic theme.
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 am

well technically anything after an apocalypse is post apocalyptic so i dont' see why not. Go for it.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments