Underrated Games

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Underrated Games

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:45 pm

What are some of the most underrated games in your opinion?

I'm playing through the King's Field's again, right now. I play through them every year or so, because they're that darn good. RPG perfection, IMO (well, I do wish they were longer, but that's just because I like them so much, they aren't short by any means). I wish they'd come out with King's Field IV already, I want to see some blow me away graphics with this series. The first two are on the PS1 (simply titled KF & KF II), and the last one, titled King's Field: The Ancient Gates is on PS2. They're real-time action-RPGs, but from the 1st-Person shooter perspective. You fight with swords, bows & arrows, and various magic attacks. You level-up and gain new spells and higher stats just like any other RPG, as well. There's a very large variety of enemies, items, spells, and weapons & armor. As well as a fully 3-D, open, explorable environment.

A lot of people don't like this game, though. I believe it's for 2 reason: 1. The framerate is a little slow, but given the game quality it's definetly bearable, IMO. 2. The game isn't linear and your goals are completely spelled out for you. Lazy gamers don't like to have to think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I want to hear about others, what are some your hidden gems?

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Underrated Games

Postby Punstarr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:01 pm

The old Quest for Glory series.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: Underrated Games

Postby CplHicks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Mighty morphin power rangers for SNES.

That game is awesome!!! But a lot people can't get past the fact its a MMPR game. :(

Also

TMNT Tourment fighters for SNES. A real soild fighting game. Better than Mortal Kombat IMHO. Just as much fun as Street fighter IMHO.

Often over looked.
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Underrated Games

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

CplHicks wrote:Mighty morphin power rangers for SNES.

That game is awesome!!! But a lot people can't get past the fact its a MMPR game. :(


Actually, that's one of those games that I would never admit to anyone I know that I liked.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Underrated Games

Postby CplHicks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:30 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
CplHicks wrote:Mighty morphin power rangers for SNES.

That game is awesome!!! But a lot people can't get past the fact its a MMPR game. :(


Actually, that's one of those games that I would never admit to anyone I know that I liked.

-Nate-


Don't knock it till ya tried it ;)

Plus this is the internets...I don't care :razz:
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Underrated Games

Postby Punstarr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Ah, were you meaning only console games?
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: Underrated Games

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 pm

CplHicks wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
CplHicks wrote:Mighty morphin power rangers for SNES.

That game is awesome!!! But a lot people can't get past the fact its a MMPR game. :(


Actually, that's one of those games that I would never admit to anyone I know that I liked.

-Nate-


Don't knock it till ya tried it ;)

Plus this is the internets...I don't care :razz:


You misunderstand. I did like it, but I would never admit that to my friends.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Underrated Games

Postby Wesr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:31 am

fallout tactics

Fallout brotherhood of steel: doesn't fit in the rest of the fallout universe but if you just wanna kill stuff go for it.

7th Saga for the SNES

Shadowrun for the SNES and genesis
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Underrated Games

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Kane & Lynch: Deadman

King Kong (must have played over a hundred times)
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: Underrated Games

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:38 am

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:King Kong (must have played over a hundred times)


Really? Would you go into more detail why? I LOVED the movie, but I passed on the game thinking it was just another Hollywood tie-in piece of crap. I may just pick it up if you persuade me.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Underrated Games

Postby A Common Enemy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:55 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:King Kong (must have played over a hundred times)


Really? Would you go into more detail why? I LOVED the movie, but I passed on the game thinking it was just another Hollywood tie-in piece of crap. I may just pick it up if you persuade me.

-Nate-



Such a great game. It follows the movies story very closely too. The grahpics are really good (for the time). You play mostly as Jack in first-person but from time to time you switch to being Kong in third-person. I defiantly reccomned picking it up and you can probably finda copy at gamestop for like $10.
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: Underrated Games

Postby Top-notch comix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Super Noah's Ark 3D 8) :lol:
User avatar
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Underrated Games

Postby Wesr » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:11 pm

space griffon vf-9 (a FPS mecha shooter) for the PS that was really good and expensive now.

Killeak: the dna imperative for the PS. They made another just like it that takes place in space but i forget what it was.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Underrated Games

Postby BurningDoom » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 am

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:King Kong (must have played over a hundred times)


Really? Would you go into more detail why? I LOVED the movie, but I passed on the game thinking it was just another Hollywood tie-in piece of crap. I may just pick it up if you persuade me.

-Nate-



Such a great game. It follows the movies story very closely too. The grahpics are really good (for the time). You play mostly as Jack in first-person but from time to time you switch to being Kong in third-person. I defiantly reccomned picking it up and you can probably finda copy at gamestop for like $10.


Thanks for the insight! I'll check it out.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Underrated Games

Postby eldraxo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:35 am

Robot Alchemic Drive a.k.a. R.A.D for the PS2.

It is one of the coolest robot fighting games ever. It was one of the earliest PS2 games (the disk is that dark blue color) and probably one of the first
games to use the open-world thing ala GTA or Spider-Man 2. The game play is fantastic, you are a human throughout the entire game and you control a
giant robot from the outside like an R.C. Car.

The downside to this is that you have to constantly move around the city to get a better view, but this in
a way adds to the experience because of the sheer scale of the buildings and the robots.

The environments are all fully destructable and the music sounds like an old school Godzilla movie. The only thing that does suck about this game,
and I mean suck with a capital "S" is the voice acting, it's god-awful and pretty cheesy (one of the guys sounds like Keanue Reeves).

Other than that I HIGHLY recommend this game, if you can find it, it's pretty rare.
User avatar
eldraxo
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Denver

Next

Return to Games of all Kinds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron