Who would win?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Who would win?

Postby Punstarr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 am

whiskeytango wrote:I believe Batman was quoted as saying once that he could defeat anyone, given enough prep time. Whereas with most that would seem like empty vibrato, coming from Batman, you kind of gotta believe it.

Is that why many Batman fans think that he could defeat Galactus with one hand tied behind his back? :roll: :razz:

The fight would be stellar and could honestly go either way depending on Batman's tactics and how long the fight goes on for.

The Real Question wrote:and punstarr i really respet u for going wt the logic side then going on the fan side...

Thanks, man. I try. :)
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby whiskeytango » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 am

Well, I think what it comes down to is, style nonwithstanding, they're both considered among the top hand to hand combatants in their particular universes. Where the problem for Batman comes in, especially if he has no prep time, is that Cap, while not super human, is certainly above physically what any other human could possibly attain. Also, this is sure to be a long fight, once again giving Cap the advantage, since his body doesn't fatigue like a normal humans would.

I love me some Batman, but I give this fight to Cap.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:52 am

whiskeytango wrote:Well, I think what it comes down to is, style nonwithstanding, they're both considered among the top hand to hand combatants in their particular universes. Where the problem for Batman comes in, especially if he has no prep time, is that Cap, while not super human, is certainly above physically what any other human could possibly attain. Also, this is sure to be a long fight, once again giving Cap the advantage, since his body doesn't fatigue like a normal humans would.

I love me some Batman, but I give this fight to Cap.

respct to u bro fo usin logic
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Marvel.

The Punisher would just come out and shoot everybody with a minigun. There. Fight over. The end.

8)

Untill Lobo gutted him with his chain and hook and than proceeded to eat his entrails. :D
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Punstarr is right.... Thread Fixed ,Its like nothing ever happened lol
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 pm

VILLAINS:

Thanos vs Darkseid... This is a really tough one. Both are master planners with an intellect that makes Doom and Richards look like scientific amateurs. Darkseid's Omega beams are impressive, but Thanos' teleportation tech as well as his own resilience and energy manipulation powers help even the playing field out. I give Darkseid the overconfidence flaw, and all Thanos has to do is exploit that to ensure a win. A tough call but I give it to Thanos, who's outsmarted the devil among other impressive feats.

Dr Doom vs Lex Luthor... "Bah. Doom cares not about such things as money. All the money in the world will not save you from Doom's wrath". We're talking about a normal human (very smart, true) vs an individual who's at least as smart garbed in one of the most sophisticated suits of battle armor on the planet and can also wield magic almost as well as Dr Strange. I almost feel sorry for Lex.

Green Goblin vs Joker... Again, we're talking about a normal insane guy dressed like a clown vs a superhuman insane guy armed to the gills with high tech weaponry. Who do you think would win?

Ultron vs Metallo... I've got no clue what Metallo's made of, but it had better be at least half as durable as True Adamantium if Metallo is even going to stand a chance.

Taskmaster vs Deathstroke... If Taskmaster has had time to study Deathstroke's fighting style, he'd win after a hard fought battle. Otherwise, Deathstroke is just too much for him. Taskmaster is after all only human, while Deathstroke is as close to Captain America as DC has.

Sabertooth vs (who I assume is) Gorilla Grod... I don't know anything about Gorilla Grod, but he's going to have to be pretty mean and strong to take on Creed.

Red Skull vs Ras Al Ghul... I honestly don't know enough about Ras to know which way this would go.

Magneto vs (no clue who that is)... Again, no idea.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby sonofred79 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:52 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:Punstarr is right.... Thread Fixed ,Its like nothing ever happened lol

Allk man you deleted ma opinion

A: Dc
B: Dc
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 pm

sonofred79 wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:Punstarr is right.... Thread Fixed ,Its like nothing ever happened lol

WHOOPS! Sorry
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby sonofred79 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
sonofred79 wrote:

WHOOPS! Sorry

It's fine
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:00 am

There are a lot of really good comics on this subject, you guys should check them out:

Avengers vs. JLA - The best Marvel/DC crossover event of all time! George Perez, the ultimate team artists and previous regular artist of both Avengers and Justice League of America pencils this one.
Marvel vs. DC - Answered some of those questions fans have always wondered about: Superman vs. Hulk, Batman vs. Captain America, Thor vs. Captain Marvel, Green Lantern vs. Silver Surfer, Wonder Woman vs. Storm, Catwoman vs. Elektra, and others.
Darkseid/Galactus: The Hunger - Great little gem of a comic that was passed by most mainstream fans.
Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances - Great team-up book where GL Kyle Rayner & Silver Surfer go up against Cyborg Superman and Thanos.
Spider-Man and Batman - Another great team-up book where Clone Spider-Man and Batman go up against The Joker and Carnage. Beautiful art in this one.

There's also the classics like Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman & The Incredible Hulk, but only get these if you're into the classics.

-Nate-
Last edited by BurningDoom on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby hobbygoblin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:40 am

currently D.C. owns WATCHMEN so D.C. owns Dr. Manhatan. sadly there is no way to kill or stop Dr. Manhatan and he can cause your body to explode just with a single thought. marvel loses just because of him. if he did not exist marvel wins hands down.

My Trade List: Take a Look!
hobbygoblin
Avid Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:46 am

Well, Dr. Manhattan doesn't exist in the regular DC universe, which I feel like is the one in question here. If we're throwing other universes in, I'd say the Cosmic Zombies from Marvel Zombies would win. They're freakin' unstoppable.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm

whiskeytango wrote:Well, Dr. Manhattan doesn't exist in the regular DC universe, which I feel like is the one in question here. If we're throwing other universes in, I'd say the Cosmic Zombies from Marvel Zombies would win. They're freakin' unstoppable.

Spectre, Parallax, or Anti-Monitor trump them. Only the Beyonder compares in power.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 pm

*cough*LivingTribunal*cough*

But I'm sure you don't want to compare cosmic entities. DC may have more powerful heroes, but Marvel's cosmic universe vastly exceeds DC's.

This was about heroes and villains, not cosmic beings. It's partially why (I'm sure) they had Iron Man facing off against Green Lantern instead of the Silver Surfer (who's power is off the charts since Annihilation).

As for the Beyonder, half his power (and all of Jim Shooter's) was sufficient to cow every cosmic entity in the Marvel Universe... well, until that unfortunate retcon, that is.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Punstarr wrote:*cough*LivingTribunal*cough*

But I'm sure you don't want to compare cosmic entities. DC may have more powerful heroes, but Marvel's cosmic universe vastly exceeds DC's.

You think so, huh? Let's see here:

-Wizard Shazam
-ALL the Guardians of the Universe
-Parallax
-Darkseid
-High-Father
-The Spectre
-Krona
-The Anti-Monitor
-Nekron
-Lord Order
-Lord Chaos
-Sun-Eater
-Ion
-Neron
-Phantom Stranger
-Eclipso
-Takion
-Metron

I think the cosmic entities of each universe are just as comparable.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Corner