Potential Webcomic

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Potential Webcomic

Postby Punstarr » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

So I've commissioned a page from an artist friend for a potential webcomic featuring my creation, Streak. He does the art and I do the writing. I would like some feedback from you guys... based on the art and writing of this first page, is this something you would be interested in reading as a regular webcomic?

Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Re: Potential Webcomic

Postby Green Skin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 pm

At first glance I have 2 things for you. Looks a bit like the Sentry, mainly the S on his belt and the yellow color scheme. If he has existed for a millennia he probably wouldn't have a modern american name like Kevin Tyler.That's the part that really sticks out, to me at least. Pretty cool though, look forward to seeing more. :)
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Green Skin wrote:At first glance I have 2 things for you. Looks a bit like the Sentry, mainly the S on his belt and the yellow color scheme.

Heya, thanks for the input! Originally the costume was different (though still black and yellow) but we changed it due to it looking too much like the old New Mutants costumes. I will point out that the Sentry's outfit has a lot more yellow than Streak's (and this character was created in 1994, hehe). :-)

If he has existed for a millennia he probably wouldn't have a modern american name like Kevin Tyler.That's the part that really sticks out, to me at least.

Ah but he was born in Seattle in the late 1970s... he's been time/space/dimension hopping for a long time, so you never know what era/planet/dimension he'll show up on. Some of the things you aren't yet meant to know. ;-)

Pretty cool though, look forward to seeing more. :)

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm

I like it. :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 pm

[smilie=hellyeah.gif] great job ,The art is really different he almost looks like supes in sentrys costume I plan on doing a comic soon Im gunna use my age as the gimmick and give intrege Im trying to become one of the youngest people to have work officailly published. I soon(as soon as I finish the first issue :lol: ) intend to contact my friends at atomic basement and see what happens :D
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Punstarr wrote:
If he has existed for a millennia he probably wouldn't have a modern american name like Kevin Tyler.That's the part that really sticks out, to me at least.

Ah but he was born in Seattle in the late 1970s... he's been time/space/dimension hopping for a long time, so you never know what era/planet/dimension he'll show up on. Some of the things you aren't yet meant to know. ;-)

Pretty cool though, look forward to seeing more. :)

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Okay, got it now. Misunderstood.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Mr.Smiley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I like it. But I dont really like the webcomic look. I dont read them. But if it was a regular comic, I would like to see 2 things happen. First off, his hair is white. He looks like my grandpa. And secondly, you should give him more black in his outfit. But other than those two minor details, he looks, and sounds great. Nice Job!
Mr.Smiley
Avid Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am

Thank you to everyone who's commented. I really appreciate the input. :)

As for his hair, that's actually supposed to be metallic/chrome like the silver surfer's skin. In future poses that have a better angle/closer look, that will be more apparent... but that's not going to change. It's pretty integral to the character's look.

Thanks again for looking!
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Lord_Khan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 am

The story does seem interesting, however I don't really like the art. His head looks really good and the color of his skin seems realistic, but the yellow of his costume seems fluorescent and doesn't look right. Or maybe it's just that I like lines.

Also, it seems like that sort of art might be more time consuming than something simpler and might not allow you to release new pages that quickly.

Text boxes that aren't transparent would probably look better as well, and make it easier to read.

And I'm curious about the name Streak, since the name lends itself to a super-speed character, rather than a immortal guardian. What are his powers?
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby sabetoonth » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:15 am

id so read this!
sabetoonth
Regular Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Lord_Khan wrote:The story does seem interesting, however I don't really like the art. His head looks really good and the color of his skin seems realistic, but the yellow of his costume seems fluorescent and doesn't look right. Or maybe it's just that I like lines.

No worries. I really dig the art myself. I appreciate your honesty.

Also, it seems like that sort of art might be more time consuming than something simpler and might not allow you to release new pages that quickly.

Well I have no intention of even putting the site together/putting the first page up until I have at least 12-22 pages ready. Then while I'm week by week putting the new pages out, my artist and I will be working on the next batch. It'll give us ample time, or so I hope. [-o<

Text boxes that aren't transparent would probably look better as well, and make it easier to read.

You aren't the only one to have brought that up. That's something that I'm going to look into.

And I'm curious about the name Streak, since the name lends itself to a super-speed character, rather than a immortal guardian. What are his powers?

Well I don't want to reveal too much but while he doesn't have superspeed like the Flash, he can fly very fast and is able to accelerate to his top speed almost instantly... which will likely end up humorous when I do his origin and he's learning to control his powers. But his name is alluding to a comet (for example) streaking across the sky. He's very hard to hurt and super strong... though not as tough as folks like Superman. I hope that helps a bit.

sabetoonth wrote:id so read this!

Thanks for the comment! I'll let everyone know when I have the comic up and running with weekly updates... provided Captain Coder doesn't mind me advertising my stuff here. :)
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Punstarr » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Well I got the go ahead from the good Captain, so I'll be posting here when I have the site up and running.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Looks good... Can't wait to read more!
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Edited to make it look more like a comic book page. What do you think of the revision?

Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 am

well done I think it was nice step up very high quality
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Next

Return to Other Custom Creations