Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Spider-man 4 Not gonna happen

Postby Green Skin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
Green Skin wrote:They should just go over the top bad and do the Clone Saga :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laugh all you want, but Scarlet Spider would be awesome:

I agree, but you can't deny that the Clone Saga is one of the worst story lines of all time.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Green Skin wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Green Skin wrote:They should just go over the top bad and do the Clone Saga :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laugh all you want, but Scarlet Spider would be awesome:

I agree, but you can't deny that the Clone Saga is one of the worst story lines of all time.

I do deny it! I loved the Clone Saga back in the day! It was exciting, it was unpredictable, and it introduced two of the coolest Spider-Man characters ever: Ben Reilly aka Scarlet Spider and Kaine. The way they ended it, was awful. They should have never had Peter Parker quit being Spider-Man, they shot themselves in the foot with that one. They could have kept Peter as Spider-Man and Ben Reilly could have gone on as Scarlet Spider in the New Warriors like he already was and maybe his own solo-series, or even made one of the 4 Spider-Man titles then into a Scarlet Spider title.

I also really, REALLY hated how they killed Ben Reilly. You never saw him fight to the death, he was just already almost dead in Norman Osborn's arms when Peter shows up. And that was after Ben Reilly had been carrying the Spider-Man titles alone for the past year before. And speaking of Norman, he just sorta showed up and announced he had actually survived when everyone everyone thought he was dead, since the 70s! And the way I just told you was basically the way it was revealed in the comic.

So The Clone Saga itself was a great story! I loved every page of it! It was the aftermath and the clean-up that was bad, IMO.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
I do deny it! I loved the Clone Saga back in the day! It was exciting, it was unpredictable, and it introduced two of the coolest Spider-Man characters ever: Ben Reilly aka Scarlet Spider and Kaine. The way they ended it, was awful. They should have never had Peter Parker quit being Spider-Man, they shot themselves in the foot with that one. They could have kept Peter as Spider-Man and Ben Reilly could have gone on as Scarlet Spider in the New Warriors like he already was and maybe his own solo-series, or even made one of the 4 Spider-Man titles then into a Scarlet Spider title.

I also really, REALLY hated how they killed Ben Reilly. You never saw him fight to the death, he was just already almost dead in Norman Osborn's arms when Peter shows up. And that was after Ben Reilly had been carrying the Spider-Man titles alone for the past year before. And speaking of Norman, he just sorta showed up and announced he had actually survived when everyone everyone thought he was dead, since the 70s! And the way I just told you was basically the way it was revealed in the comic.

So The Clone Saga itself was a great story! I loved every page of it! It was the aftermath and the clean-up that was bad, IMO.

-Nate-

Yeah it had some cool parts I'll grant you that, but I'll bet anything that if you ask 100 Spiderman fans the majority will not have good things to say about it.

I agree with you about the Scarlet Spider though, he was cool. I still like his version of the Spiderman costume more than Parker's. I'm curious what you think of the new Scarlet Spider from the Avengers Initiative?
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:35 pm

What I (and most of the fans) resented about the Clone Saga was Marvel essentially telling the readers that the Peter Parker they'd been following all through half the 70s and all of the 80s was just a clone. That's the only reason Marvel backtracked... because the fans were so outraged at that.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Hagop » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't really have a preference about whether it's a reboot or a sequel; just as long as it's a good movie.
Hagop
Inductee Realmer

Previous

Return to Comics Corner