Really Hard Games

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby Wesr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

Sounds like a glitch. NES games had alot of them it seems. The end of bionic commando was a pain too if you didn't get the timing right.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:37 am

sephiroth wrote:Sounds like a glitch. NES games had alot of them it seems. The end of bionic commando was a pain too if you didn't get the timing right.


One of the greatest games of all-time, though. And unlike most games back then, the arcade version sucked.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurchCustoms » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:53 am

sephiroth wrote:Sounds like a glitch. NES games had alot of them it seems.


i had a copy of the nes metal gear: snake's revenge when i was about 8. played it a ton and could not get out of the first level. a few years ago i checked it up on the internet and found out what i needed to do (key card in a jeep), but i could swear i already tried that. pulled the game out and tried, no key card. bought another copy. key card. some fun glitch, huh?
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
User avatar
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: Nowhere, Idaho

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby Wesr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 am

I only saw the arcade version of bionic commando once. Snakes revenge was horrid so taht glitch doesn't shock me. It's an unofficial metal gear for a reason lol
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 am

sephiroth wrote:I only saw the arcade version of bionic commando once. Snakes revenge was horrid so taht glitch doesn't shock me. It's an unofficial metal gear for a reason lol


Why is it unofficial? It's made Konami, it has Snake.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurchCustoms » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:13 am

BurningDoom wrote:
sephiroth wrote:I only saw the arcade version of bionic commando once. Snakes revenge was horrid so taht glitch doesn't shock me. It's an unofficial metal gear for a reason lol


Why is it unofficial? It's made Konami, it has Snake.

-Nate-



they made the game without the knowledge of hideo kojima and only for ntsc and pal regions. when hideo found out about it, he made his own sequel which is considered canon. which basically relegates snake's revenge to fan fiction status.

*edit to fix typo.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
User avatar
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: Nowhere, Idaho

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby Top-notch comix » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 pm

ET and raiders of the lost ark on Atari 2600... those games are supposed to be soooooooooooo freaking impossible!!!
User avatar
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:24 pm

BurchCustoms wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
sephiroth wrote:I only saw the arcade version of bionic commando once. Snakes revenge was horrid so taht glitch doesn't shock me. It's an unofficial metal gear for a reason lol


Why is it unofficial? It's made Konami, it has Snake.

-Nate-



they made the game without the knowledge of hideo kojima and only for ntsc and pal regions. when hideo found out about it, he made his own sequel which is considered canon. which basically relegates snake's revenge to fan fiction status.

*edit to fix typo.


Wow, I didn't know all that. I think Kojima thinks too highly about himself, I mean it's pretty ballsy to tell your boss: "I didn't give you permission to make that and it's not official." I give credit where credit is due, he is the mastermind behind the awesome games. But the character and game series belongs to Konami. Kojima works for Konami, not the other way around.
-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
Image
User avatar
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BurchCustoms » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:21 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
Wow, I didn't know all that. I think Kojima thinks too highly about himself, I mean it's pretty ballsy to tell your boss: "I didn't give you permission to make that and it's not official." I give credit where credit is due, he is the mastermind behind the awesome games. But the character and game series belongs to Konami. Kojima works for Konami, not the other way around.
-Nate-


in all fairness to kojima, snake's revenge did have a lousy story if i remember correctly. and they did want him to continue the series.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
User avatar
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: Nowhere, Idaho

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby Wesr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Actually I think he co-owns the rights to his games because he's in on the MGS movie they keep trying to make. Actually most Metal Gear fans won't even acknowledge Snake's Revenge as an official game in the Metal Gear universe. FUnny thing is that the game "Snatcher" which he created for the same computer as Metal gear and was ported to the Sega CD and PS in Japan is part of the metal gear universe because his robot sidekick is based on the original Metal Gear and this sidekick is in MGS 4 as the little robot Otacon uses to help out. I just wish he'd remake the original metal gears in MGS styles.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BKZ718 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 am

CplHicks wrote:
BurchCustoms wrote:as for hard games. the freaking scooter level in freaking battletoads. got me every freaking time.


I still have nightmares of that horror :(


I remember that as well. I thought it was just me [-X . Well Ikugara for the GC is a really tough one as well.
User avatar
BKZ718
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NY

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby Wesr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

The original rygar, the US version of FF2 for the snes (they brought over the hard version as they had 2 version sin japan), Dissidia Final fantasy is whooping me at the moment (just the final boss) as he can do 4000 HP of damage in one attack. Mech warrior and shadowrun for the genesis was tough too.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Really Hard Games

Postby BKZ718 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 am

I remember giving up on rygar, it was too darn hard.
User avatar
BKZ718
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NY

Previous

Return to Games of all Kinds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest