Acceptable behaviours.

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Acceptable behaviours.

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:08 am

You've never heard of movies called motion pictures? o.o you need to stop watching disney and watch more turner classics Yami lol
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:30 am

sephiroth wrote:You've never heard of movies called motion pictures? o.o you need to stop watching disney and watch more turner classics Yami lol

... What's a motion picture? [smilie=confuzzled.gif]

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:12 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:
sephiroth wrote:You've never heard of movies called motion pictures? o.o you need to stop watching disney and watch more turner classics Yami lol

It's one of those hologram type pictures that seems to move when you turn it. :mrgreen:
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm

*Shakes his cane at all the youngsters*

darn kids! What with your new fangled CDs and DVDs... in my day we had cassettes and VHS tapes, and that's if we were lucky! If not, we had to deal with records and the like. We didn't have no fancy internet either... if we wanted to look somethin' up we had to go to the library! Cell phones... all kids have cell phones these days. When I was young, no one but rich people had em and they were the size of bricks! ...and if you had a pager you were either a doctor or a drug dealer.

Don't even get me started on action figures... in my day a few measly bucks would get you an action figure complete with accessories! Not like today where if you're lucky you'll get a figure for under ten dollars. Ten dollars! I'll bet it takes them less than 50 cents to make each figure... that's a 2000% profit margin in the end! It's really bad for kids... parents are less likely to buy a $15 figure for their kids these days than they were to buy a $4 figure in 1984. For those adult collectors it's less of an issue, but I think toys should be for kids first and collectors second. Call me old fashioned but that's how I feel.

Also, call me old fashioned, but I believe there's only one god... and his name is Zorgo and he lives in a lake near my home. *whistles*

Note: Sarcasm was only partially intended. :lol:
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby A Common Enemy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Green Skin wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:

It's one of those hologram type pictures that seems to move when you turn it. :mrgreen:

OH! That'd aint nothin' but ole' science fiction!

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Seph I think you misunderstood because I KNOWwhat a motion picture is Therapist is the one that didn't know :lol:
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Punstarr wrote:*Shakes his cane at all the youngsters*

darn kids! What with your new fangled CDs and DVDs... in my day we had cassettes and VHS tapes, and that's if we were lucky! If not, we had to deal with records and the like. We didn't have no fancy internet either... if we wanted to look somethin' up we had to go to the library! Cell phones... all kids have cell phones these days. When I was young, no one but rich people had em and they were the size of bricks! ...and if you had a pager you were either a doctor or a drug dealer.

Don't even get me started on action figures... in my day a few measly bucks would get you an action figure complete with accessories! Not like today where if you're lucky you'll get a figure for under ten dollars. Ten dollars! I'll bet it takes them less than 50 cents to make each figure... that's a 2000% profit margin in the end! It's really bad for kids... parents are less likely to buy a $15 figure for their kids these days than they were to buy a $4 figure in 1984. For those adult collectors it's less of an issue, but I think toys should be for kids first and collectors second. Call me old fashioned but that's how I feel.

Also, call me old fashioned, but I believe there's only one god... and his name is Zorgo and he lives in a lake near my home. *whistles*

Note: Sarcasm was only partially intended. :lol:

Well put i also remember when action figures were cheap £1.99 for a thundercat that were like 8 inches tall and came with all sorts of accessories. Now you get a 3.75 figure for like £9.00, ridiculous. Not sure about that Zorgo stuff though :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:34 am

Green Skin wrote:
PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:

Thats what I thought to but no I guess being called films and movies and Long TV shows and TV looky see boxes wasnt good enough they also had to take the name "motion Pictures"
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 am

Therapist wrote:Thats what I thought to but no I guess being called films and movies and Long TV shows and TV looky see boxes wasnt good enough they also had to take the name "motion Pictures"

I think it's to hide their shame for woefully sucking as of late. :lol:
Green Skin
Regulator

Previous

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments