Contest Information Update

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Contest Information Update

Postby Wesr » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 am

There's a few changes to the contests coming up. We're making the criteria stricter so any customs that don't follow them will be removed such as not utilizing, at all, the links we provide (if provided) for reference into style or theme, not having a backstory or information. We're also going to be making the contests every other month to give those who want to enter more time as a month really isn't very long if you have to order parts and such. As always send all complaints to Yami.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: Contest Information Update

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:06 pm

That 's Cool Plus It Would Be Great If Everyone Would Cast Votes !Not Just Pass It Up !
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I doubt that'll happen lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby asch » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:58 pm

how is it about posting pictures in contest submitions? thing is, when i did it lately i saw that i have 6 active pictures to post (due to duke rank).. is there any restriction to not use ranks in contest. when someone is wonderer he can put only 3 photos so theoretically his chances are not equal... i don`t know if there was anything said about that matter, i couldn`t find it on fomum but maybe i just missed it
asch
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm

The one I entered it allowed me my four pictures, I suppose you pay for the advantages as well and 6 pictures is a huge advantage. Of course you could just post three pics if you wanna be fair but i wouldn't :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby asch » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

right.. but i still feel that should be somehow restricted or just told clear. maybe giveing 4 pictures to all contest entries would make people more willingly to paticipate (and would be not hurting those who pay for more photos)
asch
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:39 pm

asch wrote:right.. but i still feel that should be somehow restricted or just told clear. maybe giveing 4 pictures to all contest entries would make people more willingly to paticipate (and would be not hurting those who pay for more photos)

Thats a goold idea.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Green Skin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:25 pm

You have to pay to get a higher rank right? ...and that money supports the Realm, correct? So why shouldn't people of a higher rank get an advantage? Seems to me that removing that advantage also removes a reason to support the Realm.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby asch » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Green Skin wrote:You have to pay to get a higher rank right? ...and that money supports the Realm, correct? So why shouldn't people of a higher rank get an advantage? Seems to me that removing that advantage also removes a reason to support the Realm.

yes, i got Your point.. but still, if people winning contest thanks to 0,1 point, there will be always question if my additional pictures helped. i am often doing customs with a lot of additional stuff but on contest i just have to show what i can. like everybody, and i don`t have to think if i won beacouse of these few bucks more.. i want to win or lose just beacouse my skills. i think mod or cap should solve this for good
asch
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 pm

asch wrote:
Green Skin wrote:You have to pay to get a higher rank right? ...and that money supports the Realm, correct? So why shouldn't people of a higher rank get an advantage? Seems to me that removing that advantage also removes a reason to support the Realm.

yes, i got Your point.. but still, if people winning contest thanks to 0,1 point, there will be always question if my additional pictures helped. i am often doing customs with a lot of additional stuff but on contest i just have to show what i can. like everybody, and i don`t have to think if i won beacouse of these few bucks more.. i want to win or lose just beacouse my skills. i think mod or cap should solve this for good

Good point. It'd be pretty easy to guess what entry is yours based on the additional pics too. They should fix it if they want creators to remain secret for the contest.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 am

I'd have to say that I agree with the argument that there should be a photo limit on contest entries in the interest of uniformity/fairness. While I think the quality of the custom itself is the biggest deciding factor, there is a possibility that a contestant with additional pictures could be tipping the scale in their favor, even if only slightly, come voting time.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:19 pm

No, there are no restrictions on ranks in the contests.

My original thinking on this matter is as Patraw and Green Skin stated. The quality of the custom is always going to be the biggest deciding factor of the voting. I don't care if you take 32 pictures of toothpick man, it's not going to get a higher voting score. Sure, if there are two totally awesome entries running neck and neck for first place, and one has 3 pictures and the other has 6 pictures, one of those extra pictures might cause someone to vote an extra star because they see an extra feature on the custom they might have otherwise missed. I suppose it could happen, but is it going to tilt the scale enough for one customizer to actually place higher than the other? I don't think it's a likely scenario.

So yes, it's also a small extra incentive to support the site. There is actually a list of contributors, maybe not a huge list, but there's enough of a list that it wouldn't be easy to pick out the customizer based on the number of photos. I think the anonymity is safe.

I am open for persuasion if the general consensus is this is ruining the contests, but I haven't heard any complaints (unless I missed some threads in the forums somewhere?)
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby asch » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:05 pm

ok, for me problem is closed. capt said it clear and loud :) now, back to work!
asch
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments