4 Ongoing Green Lantern Titles

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

4 Ongoing Green Lantern Titles

Postby BurningDoom » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Holy cow! Only Superman and Spider-Man before have had 4 ongoing titles happening at the same time! Does this officially mean that GL is now a bonafide comic Icon of the Superman and Spider-Man calibre?

-Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
-Green Lantern Corps (Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, & Corps)
-Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Guy Gardner)
-Brightest Day (weekly)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24831

DC Shakes Up The GLC In "Brightest Day"

With the final installment of "Blackest Night" still two months away, the post-crossover status quo of the DC Universe is already shaping up nicely. After yesterday's news that Aquaman was on tap to return in the twice-monthly "Brightest Day" series, today DC Comics sent word via their official "The Source" blog of shake ups to the Green Lantern corner of the DCU.

As a first step to a brighter future, writer Tony Bedard will come on "Green Lantern Corps" along with artist Ardian Syaf for a new direction featuring Kyle Rayner, John Stewart and the newly minted Green Lantern Ganthet – formerly one of the Guardians of the Universe. "“This is far and away the most exciting gig of my career. When they called to offer me the job and Geoff literally said, ‘Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps’ I felt like I’d put on a power ring," Bedard said.

As for current "GLC" writer Peter Tomasi, he'll be moving on to an all-new, Guy Gardner-focused ongoing titled "Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors" with artist Fernando Pasarin, who will first draw the launch issues of "Brightest Day." While The Source mentioned that the series would also feature appearances by GL Kilowog, no specific launch month was given for the project.

And those may not be all the plans open for the future of the Green Lantern franchise. In a December interview with CBR News, DC Executive Editor Dan Didio promised a co-feature would land in the pages of "Green Lantern Corps" post-"Blackest Night" so more news is yet to come.

Keep locked in to CBR for news on DC's "Brightest Day" status quo and title slate as it becomes available.
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Re: 4 Ongoing Green Lantern Titles

Postby Punstarr » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

I swear the X-Books had about 10 titles at one point.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:00 am

Punstarr wrote:I swear the X-Books had about 10 titles at one point.

Yeah, X-Books, but not X-Men books. Teams like X-Force, Generation X, and X-Factor aren't the X-Men, they're just other mutants.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 am

lol wanna know wat green lanntern and deadpool have in commen they both 4 ongoing titles and ryen renoyleds
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby whiskeytango » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 am

BurningDoom wrote:
Punstarr wrote:I swear the X-Books had about 10 titles at one point.

Yeah, X-Books, but not X-Men books. Teams like X-Force, Generation X, and X-Factor aren't the X-Men, they're just other mutants.

-Nate-

Well, likewise the Green Lantern isn't a single character. Those 4 ongoings are (for the most) featuring different main characters, so no I wouldn't say that Green Lantern is up to Super/Spiderman in iconic quality, as its not one single character carrying all 4 books.
Check out my Customs Blog here: http://whiskeytangoscustomshop.blogspot.com/
whiskeytango
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner