calling batman fans

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

calling batman fans

Postby tiny » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:16 pm

Hey all, I'm new here. How is everyone? Is anyone out there planning to pick up the new Batman and Batgirl action figures?
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby realmchick » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:44 pm

Hi! I haven't picked up any of the new figures, yet. Do you have any? If so, how are they? Do you have a big collection??
realmchick
Inductee Realmer

Postby tiny » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:13 am

No, I don't have a big collection. Actually, my parents fully evicted my boxes from their attic and I came across some old toys and things - most of which are probably worthless! But, it got me interested in action figures again, hence here I am. As a Batfan, I've been reading about the new Batman vid game and promotions Mattel and DC Comics are running. I guess the action figures are now available for preorder, though I haven't done it yet...I should be doing that now... :wink:
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby 2footfreddie » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:44 pm

New Batman figures!!! I've got a small collection and am always looking for additions. Where did you come accross info on new figures? thanks Freddie
2footfreddie
Newbie Realmer

Postby reregirl » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:25 pm

I am a gamer and I have been reading about them across message boards. I just want a batgirl one. I think it is neat that there will be one offered. I know where I have read in addition they are offering lithographs for pre orders too.
reregirl
Newbie Realmer

Where is Batman?

Postby 2footfreddie » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:40 am

Where did you see Batman/Batgirl figures and prints? Thanks in advance for the help!
2footfreddie
Newbie Realmer

Postby reregirl » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:36 pm

You can check out gamestop and ebgames. I found out tonight that the lithos are only coming on GC. I have a ps2 and xbox so no lithos for me. Just want the batgirl anyway.
reregirl
Newbie Realmer

batman stuff

Postby tiny » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:37 am

reregirl wrote:I found out tonight that the lithos are only coming on GC. I have a ps2 and xbox so no lithos for me.

I also belong to a Jim Lee fan group and some of those guys were just talking about buying 2 or 3 copies of the GC version of the game just for the lithos - Who knows if they even have a GC...they're pretty hardcore I guess.

On another message board someone also posted that when he went to Gamestop, they didn't know anything about it. So I don't know if you can only order online or what, but that might be the easiest option.
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby 2footfreddie » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:49 pm

Ya that's a bit hardcore...but...........they are pretty cool freebies with the game. Do you think these figures and litho will be worth a lot someday? from what I've been reading, lots of collectors are after them....am I going to miss the boat again?
2footfreddie
Newbie Realmer

Postby reregirl » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:47 pm

well with them being limited edition....i figured in a SHORT amount of time they would be worth it. i am not sure if i am THAT hard core to buy a game I dont have a GC for. I guess can always ebay the game.
reregirl
Newbie Realmer

batman/batgirl action figures

Postby tiny » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:19 pm

Do you know if you can request one or the other? Or do you pre-order and just randomly get a batman or batgirl? Or does gamestop only have Batman? How does that work?
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby reregirl » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:46 am

i REALLY dont know tiny. Thats a good question. I would assume you could choose? I figured the lithos were random...
reregirl
Newbie Realmer

batman/batgirl figures

Postby tiny » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:57 pm

Well, this is what gamestop has to say about the figures:

"The Action Figure Commemorative Edition includes either a Batman or Batgirl action figure. Orders are filled randomly, GameStop.com cannot guarantee which action figure you receive." http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210508.

So...I guess if you want a figure, you have to cross your fingers. The litho, though, only comes with GC, so you can get that definitely.
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Postby reregirl » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:20 pm

thanks for the update. still wish there was a way to choose either batgirl or batman....
reregirl
Newbie Realmer

figures

Postby tiny » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:36 pm

I know- it's kind of a drag. I wonder if they'll sell them again sometime? Maybe if the game does well and all the other stuff they're doing with it, they'll come out with Sin Tzu figures and reissue the others? That'd be a bummer for those who bought them cuz they're limited though. Do you know if you can pre-order right up until the games comes out, or do they stop taking pre-order like a week before or something?
tiny
Newbie Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter