display recycling

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

display recycling

Postby Wesr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Okay I don't want to come off as some tree hugging sissy hippy but I want to encourage everyone to recycle shelving and wood as much as you can. Old barns, home remodeling, even old shelving from other places. No point wasting something that can be fixed up. For example when my grandma went into assisted living we prepped her house for sale. After the estate sale we tore down all the shelving she had and i got some really good 40+ year old wood planks that would cost at least 40.00 each if you can even find stuff this nice. Alot of salvage yards have wood salvaged from barns, homes, garages and such as recycled hardwoods is big bucks in houses these days. Even scraps from a lumber yard if you can find them or talk to cabinet makers and such.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: display recycling

Postby DTM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 am

Tree hugger...

Nah, I recycle though, having a competition in class. Who ever recycles the most wins some sort of prize. That prize was little talked about, but our class alone is beating the others by atleast 100 lbs. In yo face! =;
DTM
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 am

DTM wrote:Tree hugger...

Nah, I recycle though, having a competition in class. Who ever recycles the most wins some sort of prize. That prize was little talked about, but our class alone is beating the others by atleast 100 lbs. In yo face! =;

If it's by the pound recycle some cinder blocks.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby leafman343 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm

A bit of advice for getting wood from salvage yards or any place the wood may have been outside for an extended period of time, check it for small holes and grooves that are squiggly. Those are signs that the wood has been eaten by powderpost beetles, termites or carpenter ants, which can cause the wood to be weak and you don't want to bring the bugs in to feast on your home. \:D/
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:08 am

Very true. We have wood out in the barn that's god knows how old and is so hard the bugs probably die of starvation after failing to get into the boards lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Off Topic