Sad Day for comics

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Sad Day for comics

Postby therapist » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:44 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/comic-leg ... es/140753/

In case you haven't heard, comic legend D.ick Giordano has passed away this morning. Giordano was a penciler, inker and editor best known for his work with Charlton Comics and DC Comics. Early this morning, Bob Layton made the announcement.
Dear Friends & Colleagues,

It is my sorrowful duty to announce that legendary artist/editor/entrepreneur D.ick Giordano passed away today.
Few could ever hope to match what he accomplished in his chosen profession, or to excel while maintaining great humor, compassion for his peers and an unwavering love for the art form.
His unique vision changed the comic industry forever and all of those who work in the business continue to share in the benefits of his sizable contributions.
I have been honored to call him a business partner, mentor and dear friend throughout the majority of my lifetime.
We will not see his like again.

Regretfully,

Bob Layton

It's always sad when we have to discuss the passing of a person. Let's help celebrate D.ick's life and think happy thoughts to his family and friends.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Re: Sad Day for comics

Postby Azrael » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am

Sorry, for a second I read that as monkey GRAYSON died, I'm all like OH NOES!!!

But still, it's a shame. The Charlton comics characters were some of the best around.
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Re: Sad Day for comics

Postby ~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:15 am

I hardly know who this guy is but its sad whenever someone dies :cry: RIP
ImageImage
~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~
Regular Realmer

Return to Comics Corner