legal issues problems selling a custom???

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: legal issues problems selling a custom???

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

marvelselect wrote:I never intended to sell customs but I was thinking about paying Pock63 cast me something but now that this has come up; if Marvel tells me they care then I will not be involved in it at all.

I would be the one who would get in truble fore selling the casts and I'm willing to take that risk.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby marvelselect » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:34 pm

pock63 wrote:
marvelselect wrote:I never intended to sell customs but I was thinking about paying Pock63 cast me something but now that this has come up; if Marvel tells me they care then I will not be involved in it at all.

I would be the one who would get in truble fore selling the casts and I'm willing to take that risk.

I don't want to take that risk. I really want to do business with you but my concise would never let me live it down. If Marvel gives me the okey though, expect to get a pm from me about it.
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 pm

marvelselect wrote:
pock63 wrote:

I don't want to take that risk. I really want to do business with you but my concise would never let me live it down. If Marvel gives me the okey though, expect to get a pm from me about it.

What Marvel Doesn't know wont hurt them. ;)
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby marvelselect » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Tempting. :-k
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Think of it like jaywalking, technically a crime, but no one really cares.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I think as long as you aren't mass producing huge numbers of parts most companies don't care or if you happen to be into really old figures such as casting replacement parts for stuff that's 20+ years old i don't think most companies would care since they aren't making cash off them that much anymore. You just have to use common sense. I know a few casters have got the cease and desist orders but I think they got too big and were casting tons of stuff.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Green Skin wrote:Think of it like jaywalking, technically a crime, but no one really cares.

Once I get my licence jaywalkers be-ware :badgrin: !
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Green Skin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:17 pm

pock63 wrote:
Green Skin wrote:Think of it like jaywalking, technically a crime, but no one really cares.

Once I get my licence jaywalkers be-ware :badgrin: !

:shock: :shock:
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby MangaJoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

To be both on and off topic. Marvel a while back got very mad at a modding website called Skintucky Fried Sims for making multiple Marvel characters to use in the original Sims, so this was a LOOOOOONG time back. They were forced to remove any and all Marvel content from their site and so were just about every other site that had Marvel characters.

Now considering this is a different medium than digital art I think it might play out differently, seeing as one figure isn't the same as a massively available sim mod. Just to be safe though, watch out for the big companies if they ever start cracking down.
I am the ultimate super hero, I am GamPoolVerine!!

Trading post:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby Azrael » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 pm

I dunno, when you think about it most of the time you have to buy marvel figs to make marvel figs, so they're still making money
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Previous

Return to Off Topic