Announcing the Past Toys Reborn Custom Contest

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Announcing the Past Toys Reborn Custom Contest

Postby G1-Toys » Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am

I think this is a great contest idea.
I hope to have a few entries.
G1-Toys
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 am

Oh i don't doubt it woulda gotten more entries, I probably should have made it a 2 month contest. Sometimes i don't think there's enough time to put stuff together. This next month's is going to be a 2 month contest if cap okays it.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Patraw » Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

I think it's an excellent theme for a contest. The subject matter is broad enough that customizers should be able to find an old toy line that sparks their imagination. It's hard to speculate how many entries you'll get--for example, I was sure that the last, musician-themed contest would have 3-4 times as many entrants as it received (I was expecting a turnout similar to the Star Wars one), and I was dead wrong. Only time will tell.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed May 12, 2010 7:42 pm

I think alot of it right now is everyone's barely scraping by money wise with the economy, just look at how slow the normal entries for figures are lately.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Cherry Bomb » Thu May 13, 2010 6:46 pm

anyone can enter these things? or is there requirements?
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri May 14, 2010 8:23 am

Sephiroth: Yeah, I'm sure the economy has put the brakes on a lot of customizers and collectors. If anybody needs base bodies on the cheap, I always recommend visiting your local thrift stores, you never know what you'll find. More than once I've come across a figure I've always wanted for pennies on the dollar. Yard sales are another good place to look. Seeing as how they're gonna get chopped up, repainted, etc., it generally doesn't matter if the used figures are a little worse for wear.

Cherry Bomb: Yup, anybody can participate in the contests. You don't need to do anything other than be a member at Figure Realm and follow the submission/contest rules/guidelines.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri May 14, 2010 10:54 am

I wish we had a good thrift shop. the main distribution center for goodwill keeps the good stuff anymore. I haven't seen an action figure in 3 years at either of our goodwills and the local church one doesn't have much other than clothes. the economy hasn't really hurt me but the prices going up has. well taht and not having a source of neca figures other than online.
Wesr
Realminator

Previous

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments