Titanium Soundwave is it good or bad?

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Titanium Soundwave is it good or bad?

Postby sonofred79 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Alright guys well I knew there were some Transformers fans on here and was wondering if any of you had the Titanium Soundwave. Is it a good or bad figure? I was wondering because I need a Soundwave figure to go on my TF Classics shelf. I know there is the Music Label one but I really dont want to spend around $70.00.I watched one review of the Titanium Soundwave on youtube and supposebly it was a bad figure because the legs were really loose due to the diecast in the upper torso. But I figured I would come and ask you guys. So if anyone could tell me that would be awesome. :D
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Re: Titanium Soundwave is it good or bad?

Postby Wesr » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:39 am

Its not the best. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed by any of the titanium large figures. If you want a soundwave the music label is a good one from what i've heard but for a bit more you can get one of 2 25th anni reissues: the normal one with 2 cassettes which is about 75.00 or the SDCC one from last year that has a ton of cassettes and is about 80. DOn't quote me on prices as they change constantly on amazon though. The only Titanium i regret selling is Rodimus Prime since i don't see anymore G1 style figures of him coming for a long time.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby sonofred79 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:41 pm

That's also what I had heard about the Titaniums that they all were terrible. But the only problem I would have with the 25th and SDCC Soundwave is the size because I believe it's bigger than the Classics Megatron. Yes, you really dont see that many G1 Rodimus Primes. They make the Classics Hot Rod and then the Titaniums Rodimus Prime. I do know that if you have the Classics Hot Rod, Fansproject is making an armor(Protection or Protecter Armor not really sure the name)that you add on to make him into Rodimus Prime just like they made the Ultra Magnus armor.
Last edited by sonofred79 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 am

sonofred79 wrote:Alright guys well I knew there were some Transformers fans on here and was wondering if any of you had the Titanium Soundwave. Is it a good or bad figure? I was wondering because I need a Soundwave figure to go on my TF Classics shelf. I know there is the Music Label one but I really dont want to spend around $70.00.I watched one review of the Titanium Soundwave on youtube and supposebly it was a bad figure because the legs were really loose due to the diecast in the upper torso. But I figured I would come and ask you guys. So if anyone could tell me that would be awesome. :D

I have it. I actually bought it from Sephiroth ...then gave it away. Its an okay fig I wasn't to thrilled with it and way prefer the G1 one I ended up giving the titanium soundwave to my brother. The only titaniums worth the time to me are hot rod , the fallen and grimlock and that's just cuz I collect grimlocks.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm

I think all soundwaves are bigger than the classics megatron. that's the one figure they should have remade instead of the horrible remake of the tanker jet into a cargo plane with way too small propellers or the smokescreen repaint of prowl.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby sonofred79 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Therapist wrote:
sonofred79 wrote:Alright guys well I knew there were some Transformers fans on here and was wondering if any of you had the Titanium Soundwave. Is it a good or bad figure? I was wondering because I need a Soundwave figure to go on my TF Classics shelf. I know there is the Music Label one but I really dont want to spend around $70.00.I watched one review of the Titanium Soundwave on youtube and supposebly it was a bad figure because the legs were really loose due to the diecast in the upper torso. But I figured I would come and ask you guys. So if anyone could tell me that would be awesome. :D

I have it. I actually bought it from Sephiroth ...then gave it away. Its an okay fig I wasn't to thrilled with it and way prefer the G1 one I ended up giving the titanium soundwave to my brother. The only titaniums worth the time to me are hot rod , the fallen and grimlock and that's just cuz I collect grimlocks.

I agree with the Grimlock because it looks pretty sweet in tank mode.

sephiroth wrote:I think all soundwaves are bigger than the classics megatron. that's the one figure they should have remade instead of the horrible remake of the tanker jet into a cargo plane with way too small propellers or the smokescreen repaint of prowl.

Hmm I figured they would all be shorter.Which tanker jet are you talking about?
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:12 pm

they changed his name to tankor for the classics 2.0. In G1 he was a jet. Even today transformers really have no sense of scale even with the silly class system they use.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby sonofred79 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:55 pm

sephiroth wrote:they changed his name to tankor for the classics 2.0. In G1 he was a jet. Even today transformers really have no sense of scale even with the silly class system they use.

Oh Octane. Yes they do not have any since of scale
sonofred79
Avid Realmer

Return to Figures of the Past