The One That Got Away...

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:40 pm

savage213king wrote:ok here is my story its quites sad but shows true luck and bravery.

My nbeighbor and I were playin with Jurassic Park toys. We had to move though cuz his dad was gettin ready to mow the lawn. we picked everything up (little did I know tht I had forgotten 2 figures, Deter Stark, and Nick Van Owen (Rare one). The lawn mower went over the spot we were at and to my horror poor nick was choped into pieces but he managed to be on top of Deter protecting him from the blades. I burried Nick tht night in my neighbors back yard. I was really sad tht he had to go but his sacrifice was not in vein cuz he managed to give his life to save Deter. tell me what u think, pm me with u thoughts.

:shock: :shock: :shock: If I were wearing a hat I'd take it off. My brother left a toy out on the lawn fore a whole year but by freak luck it was next to a trea and didn't get run over by the lawn mowwer. It was a small toy and I found it a yeare later. It is a litle faded but appart from that it's ok.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby savage213king » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm

pock63 wrote:
savage213king wrote:ok here is my story its quites sad but shows true luck and bravery.

My nbeighbor and I were playin with Jurassic Park toys. We had to move though cuz his dad was gettin ready to mow the lawn. we picked everything up (little did I know tht I had forgotten 2 figures, Deter Stark, and Nick Van Owen (Rare one). The lawn mower went over the spot we were at and to my horror poor nick was choped into pieces but he managed to be on top of Deter protecting him from the blades. I burried Nick tht night in my neighbors back yard. I was really sad tht he had to go but his sacrifice was not in vein cuz he managed to give his life to save Deter. tell me what u think, pm me with u thoughts.

:shock: :shock: :shock: If I were wearing a hat I'd take it off. My brother left a toy out on the lawn fore a whole year but by freak luck it was next to a trea and didn't get run over by the lawn mowwer. It was a small toy and I found it a yeare later. It is a litle faded but appart from that it's ok.

Thank u my friend tht was lucky for ur brother at least the figure knew what he had to do to escapade death by mutilation at the hands (wheels) of the evil lawn mower lol The worst part for me though is al be damned if i can find another one at any sites on the net or at any comic stores.
savage213king
Inductee Realmer

Postby WeAreVenom » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Left a Marvel Legends Punisher MOC at a goodwill store for 4 bucks. My logic was that I had one already...
VENOM! EAT YOUR BRAINS
Looking for Loose Marvel legends and fodder parts, PM me!
WeAreVenom
Inductee Realmer

Postby supersizeme » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Years ago I went to my local walmart like I alwayz do cause i was a hard core action figure collector then, back before marriage and kids...sigh...I really miss those days where one can spend his entire pay check on action figures and not bat an eye. Anywayz I made a B-line right to the action figure aisle and I found 2 Toybiz Marvel Legend Juggernauts. One was in a pristine package and the other the package was crushed. I of course just bought the nice package one since back then I was a pure collector and never opened anything.
Now that I am a customizer I open almost every figure and alwayz wished I would of bought them both at 7 dollars a piece. I also sold a Deadpool on ebay for 15 bucks and thought at the time wow I bought the figure for 7 bucks and sold if for 15 I doubled my money and was pretty happy. Geez what a dope I was. LOL
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby hawkeye » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:43 pm

When I was younger I was given a box of Star Wars figures by my cousin around the time Return of the Jedi came out. These were late 70s/early 80s figures in great shape. I lost every weapon, broke arms and heads off and managed to destroy most of them. The worst part is I traded the ones that werent ruined(about 15 figures, mostly droids and a Boba Fett) for a few Archie comics ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I did find a Chewbacca a few years ago when my Dad renovated his house, It was under the basement steps mixed in with alot of clutter.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 pm

I passed up many LCBH Savage Dragons on sale at wall mart fore $5 a piece a couple of years ago because I didn't have much money then.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby windblock2002 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Well my story goes like this:two years ago I broke up with my wife...I had the biggest Godzilla collection (Bandai)That your eyes can lay on...Everytime I order chinese food the chinese delivery guy was amazed,you thought he so God or something LOL!I also had alot of ML figures and alot fodder parts,,,,You guys know what happen's next...That's right,had to sell every thing just to move....Still hurts when I see Godzilla....good news is that I'm getting some action figures back little by little.
Still don't have the money for Godzilla those thing cost $$$$$$$$$ :lol:
windblock2002
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RexLewis85 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

windblock2002 wrote:Well my story goes like this:two years ago I broke up with my wife...I had the biggest Godzilla collection (Bandai)That your eyes can lay on...Everytime I order chinese food the chinese delivery guy was amazed,you thought he so God or something LOL!I also had alot of ML figures and alot fodder parts,,,,You guys know what happen's next...That's right,had to sell every thing just to move....Still hurts when I see Godzilla....good news is that I'm getting some action figures back little by little.

I'm trying to find Godzilla figures right now...so I feel your pain
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby 3bcustoms » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 am

RexLewis85 wrote:
windblock2002 wrote:Well my story goes like this:two years ago I broke up with my wife...I had the biggest Godzilla collection (Bandai)That your eyes can lay on...Everytime I order chinese food the chinese delivery guy was amazed,you thought he so God or something LOL!I also had alot of ML figures and alot fodder parts,,,,You guys know what happen's next...That's right,had to sell every thing just to move....Still hurts when I see Godzilla....good news is that I'm getting some action figures back little by little.

I'm trying to find Godzilla figures right now...so I feel your pain

My local store has quite a few Godzilla figures..if you guys lived in Toronto you would have no problem finding that stuff, actually I think there's like 3 stores that sell them :-k
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 am

My toys r us had TONS of godzilla stuff on clearance right before christmas.

Marvel Select Thanos. Shinobitron owed me one in a trade and then just flaked and I still don't have one :x
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby barefootabe » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:15 pm

back when the two towers came out toysrus had this huge treebeard figure that i wanted, but i had to pass it up. =/

or the classic gorilla optimus primal, ive been looking for one of those for years
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

barefootabe wrote:or the classic gorilla optimus primal, ive been looking for one of those for years

Got one of those almost a year ago for 3$ \:D/
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby barefootabe » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 pm

lucky lol
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:46 pm

barefootabe wrote:lucky lol

get me a pic and i may be able to find you one. I have a buddy who has a ton of beast wars. he isn't cheap though.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby jumbokaggra » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:00 pm

I lived in Japan for 3 years and passed up SO much. My biggest regret is not buying Microman stuff which is dirt cheap there.
I assumed it was part of a series or something and I kind of feel like a fake buying toys I don't know about.
Not a big anime fan buy the Fist of the North Star figs were amazing and would have been great for customs, too.
jumbokaggra
Inductee Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figures of the Past