What's new in the realm of figures?

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby LWes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 am

Hey everyone! I used to be a pretty active member here but I haven't really done any customs or anything related for about 2 and a half years now. I had a lot of fun here though, so what's new? who's still around?
Image
User avatar
LWes
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:55 am
Location: Montreal (originally from Sweden)

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby CplHicks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

Holy crap!!!

Your an old (famliar) face!!

We all thought you left for good.

Have you been keeping up with your collection at least? Or did that stop when the customising stopped?

Where have you been?

Anyways it's gooid to have you back! :D
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby Punstarr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

Wow man.... great to see you again!! :D
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby A Common Enemy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Holy sh*t! You're back! :shock:
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby The Real Question » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:Holy sh*t! You're back! :shock:



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: yeah what he said ^
User avatar
The Real Question
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 am
Location: actully im right behind you!!*dum dum dum!!!*

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby LWes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm

thanks for the kind welcome back guys :)
i haven't been keeping up with my collection, i have no idea what action figures have been made lately. what's going on with Marvel, are they not making any 6" figures anymore? i've seen those smaller ones in stores.

so where have i been? well, i went and became more social, started focusing on my writing more and i guess i just didn't have time for action figure collecting anymore. i just got my degree in screenwriting and i'm now working on a novel. i live in Montreal and don't do much other than writing and partying all the time. it's a lot of fun.

how are you all doing?
Image
User avatar
LWes
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:55 am
Location: Montreal (originally from Sweden)

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby A Common Enemy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 pm

LWes wrote:thanks for the kind welcome back guys :)
i haven't been keeping up with my collection, i have no idea what action figures have been made lately. what's going on with Marvel, are they not making any 6" figures anymore? i've seen those smaller ones in stores.

so where have i been? well, i went and became more social, started focusing on my writing more and i guess i just didn't have time for action figure collecting anymore. i just got my degree in screenwriting and i'm now working on a novel. i live in Montreal and don't do much other than writing and partying all the time. it's a lot of fun.

how are you all doing?


darn, that sounds great! If...I mean when your novel gets published, can I have a autographed copy? :mrgreen:


So, are you going to start customizing again?
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby LWes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 pm

PUNISHMENT5411 wrote:
LWes wrote:thanks for the kind welcome back guys :)
i haven't been keeping up with my collection, i have no idea what action figures have been made lately. what's going on with Marvel, are they not making any 6" figures anymore? i've seen those smaller ones in stores.

so where have i been? well, i went and became more social, started focusing on my writing more and i guess i just didn't have time for action figure collecting anymore. i just got my degree in screenwriting and i'm now working on a novel. i live in Montreal and don't do much other than writing and partying all the time. it's a lot of fun.

how are you all doing?


darn, that sounds great! If...I mean when your novel gets published, can I have a autographed copy? :mrgreen:


So, are you going to start customizing again?


haha yeah man of course you can :)

i don't have any tools or anything here, but i think i might do some customizing when i go back to Sweden for a few months.
Image
User avatar
LWes
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:55 am
Location: Montreal (originally from Sweden)

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby Wesr » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 pm

It took me a minute to realize who you were as you left as i was joining lol. Welcome back. You missed a lot. Hasbro's broken hearts of collectors and customizers by killing marvel legends for the most part, making all their stuff GI joe sized, and forcing crappy movie tranformers on the world.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby A Common Enemy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Yeah, and Neca is the sh*t now.

They have the Terminator 2 license (they're actually sculpting a Terminator 1 figure right as I type!), Predator license (they're going to be making Dutch and the Predator 2 Predator, my favorite!), Gears of War (1,2,3), Street Fighter 4, Freddy & Jason, Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell, ...Twilight...

Mattel started a Masters of the Universe Classics line, reviving the original series in a more updated look.

Hasbro well s-ucks.

McFarlane still makes sports and Halo figures...that's really it...

Sota toys is dead.

Power Rangers (original) are back...

That's all I can think of right now...
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby MenByMckenn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:58 am

I remember you dude. You were the one who told me that my Mary Jane custom looked like she was on crack. That hurt at the time (I was pretty new) but I’m long over that and it’s nice to see an old face here. I’m still working on customs but it’s been about two years since I’ve posted any because none are done yet. Personal and family stuff sometimes has to come first. Still on this site everyday and love looking at all the great works on here. Good luck with your novel.


MxM
"Here comes the beating of your life!"
User avatar
MenByMckenn
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: The Crimson Cosmos

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby joey1212 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:43 am

hi welcome back, talk about blast from the past lol, i thought we'd never see you again, who's next to make a epic return? lol
Image
User avatar
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Nottinghamshire,England

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby MrBlu » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Welcome Back!
Nice to see you back,missed you work.
joey1212 wrote:who's next to make a epic return? lol

maybe someone like GeeJay or Doc.....
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

Image
User avatar
MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm
Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby A Common Enemy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Bakit?! wrote:Welcome Back!
Nice to see you back,missed you work.
joey1212 wrote:who's next to make a epic return? lol

maybe someone like GeeJay or Doc.....



Doc still owes me 2 customs! lol I hope he still has them...
Image

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
User avatar
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: nowhere but anywhere

Re: What's new in the realm of figures?

Postby MrBlu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 pm

he should be on fwoosh just ask him
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

Image
User avatar
MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm
Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron