hail to the king

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

hail to the king

Postby Wesr » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Duke nukem forever is coming out next year apparently. Guess everyone pulled their heads out of their butts after nearly 13 years. AS much as i hate bethesda this is a franchise that could have used their attention using the fallout 3 game engine.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: hail to the king

Postby Darththomas » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 am

My bet is on this being terrible, It wouldn't surprise me if they made it online only too.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:30 am

Well none of them were terribly good but that's not the point lol. Yeah i have it being an xbox live download.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:50 am

:lol:, true, true, yet people still love them?? :?:
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:04 pm

That's because Duke is the action hero that we don't have anymore. Nobody these days wants to be manly like stallone and them, they want to be veggie eating sissies and that's why action movies these days are stinkers. Duke isn't politically correct, i'm not even sure he's really all that bright at times :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby therapist » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 pm

sephiroth wrote:That's because Duke is the action hero that we don't have anymore. Nobody these days wants to be manly like stallone and them, they want to be veggie eating sissies and that's why action movies these days are stinkers. Duke isn't politically correct, i'm not even sure he's really all that bright at times :lol:

Finally! Someone agrees with me. Yami always gets mad at me and crap becouse I say men these days aren't men.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 pm

I was actually asked what products I use on my hair by a man?, I just turned and walked away, hair product conversations just shouldn't happen between men.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:42 pm

darththomas81 wrote:I was actually asked what products I use on my hair by a man?, I just turned and walked away, hair product conversations just shouldn't happen between men.

Some guy told my friend he liked his hair. There was almost a fist fight :| my wife gives me grief becouse I don't like talking about my feeling :roll: Duke Nukem is a mans man and I can't wait for his new game. Every once in a blue moon I pop in my PS1 copy and play.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Therapist wrote:
sephiroth wrote:That's because Duke is the action hero that we don't have anymore. Nobody these days wants to be manly like stallone and them, they want to be veggie eating sissies and that's why action movies these days are stinkers. Duke isn't politically correct, i'm not even sure he's really all that bright at times :lol:

Finally! Someone agrees with me. Yami always gets mad at me and crap becouse I say men these days aren't men.

Considering he probably makes mike tyson sound like barry white he doesn't have much room to talk. :badgrin:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Comes Febuary, can't wait.

I want a trailer where at the end you see Dukes face and he says, "You know why they called it forever? Because it took them [No Profanity] forever to finish it."

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:44 am

That wouldn't surprise me if it ends up an out take. I really didn't like the version of Duke they had in the original game trailer years ago. he was all old and bulgy looking, nothing like he did in the early games unless he's like 50 in the new game lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:10 pm

I don't care if this game doesn't do too well, it's Duke. I've waited 12+ years for this game.

And remember, Duke Nukem (along with DooM and Wolfenstein) is one of the Founding Fathers of the Modern Day shooters.

A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm

True he was also one of the first to stand up against the rating system lol. I still remember the PS version of time to kill when the phone rings in the subway and its lara croft having phone sex :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby A Common Enemy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 pm

lmao brings back so much great memories. i think im going to go play 3D in a little on the 360.

And anyone else excited for LA Noir or Homefront? And speaking of Lara Croft did you hear they're completely remaking her and the series? Apperently they're turning them into a Survival game series.

A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm

I never liked the controls on the Tomb raider games. Homefront looks good. Haven't seen LA Noir. I'm still paying off 4 other games i bought and have to come up with 60.00 to pay for deadspace 2 special edition lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Next

Return to Games of all Kinds