THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Postby RexLewis85 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah Nolan's Batverse is too realistic for Manbat...I'd love to see him on film one day, but it won't be with Nolan. Now, I for one like the realistic approach to Batman...seriously would you rather Schumacher got back at it again and in doing so give us another Batman and Robin? That movie was crap and so was Batman Forever. I love all things Batman, and I do have both of those movies, but I cannot make myself watch them again, though I have tried many times. Burton's 2 bat flicks were crucial, but I still don't think he grasped the concept quite as well as Nolan. Burton focused too much on the villains, whereas with Nolan we get an equal dose of Batman and the villains. I don't see how anyone could dislike Nolan's batfilms.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Been telling everyone Bane would be in this movie but no one wanted to listen.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/its-offic ... ne/142744/
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby eldraxo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Anne Hathaway is CATWOMAN and Tom Hardy is BANE! This is going to be epic. We finally get to see Bane done right! And Anne Hathaway is going to be hot as Catwoman! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I told y'all it'd be names mainstream moviegoers know, too.

Bane was in a previous big Hollywood Batman movie and Catwoman... come on, everyone knows who Catwoman is.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby RexLewis85 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Wow...I was wrong about Hugo Strange...I might have to give my daughter one of my Heath Ledger Joker figures now. I made that bet somewhere, not sure if it was here or somewhere else. But Bane! wow that's awesome!
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby CaptainCadaver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:14 pm

eldraxo wrote:Anne Hathaway is CATWOMAN and Tom Hardy is BANE! This is going to be epic. We finally get to see Bane done right! And Anne Hathaway is going to be hot as Catwoman! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!

I doubt it.
The giant venom rage bane wouldn't work in the "Nolanverse"
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby The Real Question » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:32 pm

CaptainCadaver wrote:
eldraxo wrote:Anne Hathaway is CATWOMAN and Tom Hardy is BANE! This is going to be epic. We finally get to see Bane done right! And Anne Hathaway is going to be hot as Catwoman! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!

I doubt it.

there gonna go with steriods insted of venom so it could work it actully makes sense to me.
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby CaptainCadaver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 pm

The Real Question wrote:
CaptainCadaver wrote:

I doubt it.

there gonna go with steriods insted of venom so it could work it actully makes sense to me.

...........Im glad that this will be the last Nolan bat-film. :|
Trades.
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17564

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
CaptainCadaver
Avid Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

The Real Question wrote:
CaptainCadaver wrote:

I doubt it.

Steroids? Oh god I can see it now...

"Fear me, Batman! I am moderately but not superhumanly strong! I can punch you and it might hurt quite a bit! It's too bad you're not a super ninja martial artist with a belt full of things that can easily incapacitate me... what? Oh. Crap".
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby RexLewis85 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 am

It's gonna be epic...Bane's not all about muscles ya know...one of the things that makes him such a lethal opponent is his mind. He's easily as intelligent as Batman, and uses his mind to first overwhelm Batman emotionally, and then physically destroy him. I still think we'll get either Hugo or Black Mask as a side villain though...Black Mask could be what brings the mob back together...I'm not sure how Strange would fit in, but I'm sure Nolan could make it work.
WHY SO SERIOUS??
RexLewis85
Avid Realmer

Postby 3bcustoms » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 am

I haven't read Batman in a while but isn't there a point when Bane is running some sort of mobb orginization and he's rock'n a 3 piece suit and his mask....I believe there's a book where Batman has Supermans powers and goes after Bane putting his fist right through Banes stomach and out his back, apparently he survives due to the amount and years of Venom use.....I think this happened in a Superman/Batman comic, all I'm trying to say is Bane will work for this movie despite certain HATERS [-X ......as for Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, lets just say I got BUZZED for a LIGHTYEAR and woke up with a WOODY :D :D
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:33 am

RexLewis85 wrote:It's gonna be epic...Bane's not all about muscles ya know...one of the things that makes him such a lethal opponent is his mind. He's easily as intelligent as Batman, and uses his mind to first overwhelm Batman emotionally, and then physically destroy him. I still think we'll get either Hugo or Black Mask as a side villain though...Black Mask could be what brings the mob back together...I'm not sure how Strange would fit in, but I'm sure Nolan could make it work.

BANE as smart as Batman? o.O

Batman is like Tony Stark (who is smarter than Henry Pym and Bruce Banner) smart. I have a really hard time picturing Bane as Tony Stark smart.

Is that really true in the comics? Because in every other media... the animated series, the movie, Bane has always been portrayed as a dumb wrestler-type thug who follows the orders of someone far smarter than he is.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby 3bcustoms » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:17 am

Bane is a smart dude, for starters look at the whole Knightfall series...and if that's not enough proof read "Vengeance of Bane" this should give you an Idea of how intelligent he really is, of course cartoons aimed towards younger audience will alter characters it's the only way they can get the parents to buy the toys...some parents just don't understand \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:22 am

Punstarr wrote:
RexLewis85 wrote:It's gonna be epic...Bane's not all about muscles ya know...one of the things that makes him such a lethal opponent is his mind. He's easily as intelligent as Batman, and uses his mind to first overwhelm Batman emotionally, and then physically destroy him. I still think we'll get either Hugo or Black Mask as a side villain though...Black Mask could be what brings the mob back together...I'm not sure how Strange would fit in, but I'm sure Nolan could make it work.

BANE as smart as Batman? o.O

Batman is like Tony Stark (who is smarter than Henry Pym and Bruce Banner) smart. I have a really hard time picturing Bane as Tony Stark smart.

Is that really true in the comics? Because in every other media... the animated series, the movie, Bane has always been portrayed as a dumb wrestler-type thug who follows the orders of someone far smarter than he is.

Yes. Bane is very very smart. He has led multiple mob gangs. If your only knowledge of a character is the animated series maybe you shouldn't judge them.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby eldraxo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 pm

We couldn't have asked for a better villain than Bane. I think many people wanted the Riddler because like the joker he would pose an intellectual/psychological threat and people just wanted more of the same. With Bane we get the intelligence and the added bonus of a physical threat. We are going to see these two throw down in an epic fight the likes of which we've never seen in a Batman film, trust me. Up until now we always saw Batman take out the badguy with one or two punches but not Bane.

Now Catwoman. Anne Hathaway is a great actress and she's beautiful and curvy. I have no doubt in my mind that she will make the role hers and we will all thank Team Nolan for bringing her and the character into this franchise. It seems to me that she will be a distraction for Batman rather than an outright villain. She's not evil, but instead tempting. I for one can't wait to see how this all works out.

On a side note, they should still include Robin Williams in some capacity. He's a great actor who's been screwed over too many times when it comes to Batman. Also can't wait till they reveal the other female lead.

I have no doubt in my mind that this movie will be amazing. It will please fans, critics, and the general audience. July 20th 2012 can't come soon enough.
eldraxo
Regular Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows