Green lantern comics Help

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Green lantern comics Help

Postby PJcustoms » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am

Hey guys , recently I've been Reading up on green lantern and coz I've always read comics ( but not dc ) where's a good starting point in terms of graphic novels ? So comment and help me out please :)
PJcustoms
Avid Realmer

Re: Green lantern comics Help

Postby therapist » Wed May 04, 2011 9:05 am

Depends really. Most suggest starting at sinestro war. That's when GL really started to pick up popularity. Me I suggest finding the earliest TPB or at least the "Essentials collection" and starting there but I am a pretty avid comic fan.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby PJcustoms » Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks for the only reply :) well to be honest I really prefer only the like new modern comics so I think that's good point to start although if I wanted I could go way back to the golden age :) thanks for the advice :)
PJcustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

PJcustoms wrote:Thanks for the only reply :) well to be honest I really prefer only the like new modern comics so I think that's good point to start although if I wanted I could go way back to the golden age :) thanks for the advice :)

Yeah sinstreo cops war is a fantastic read. Don't feel bad bout the lack of replies. I think I may be one of the few comic fans left on this board lol.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby PJcustoms » Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 am

Yeah I had a look in my comic store and that looks like a good place to start. , also do u know If rebirth is after or before sinestro war ? Thanks man
PJcustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 pm

PJcustoms wrote:Yeah I had a look in my comic store and that looks like a good place to start. , also do u know If rebirth is after or before sinestro war ? Thanks man

I think rebirth was before but I'm not 1000% sure
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby PJcustoms » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am

ok then thanks for the help - i think i'll get sinestro war to start :D
PJcustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby saber4734 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I could give you an idea of where to start if you would like to read Blackest Night. After that you just start with the new 52. Green lantern, Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians. They all only have like 4 or 5 issues right now so you won't have any catching up to do.
saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Return to Comics Corner