necromorph and Fallout Ghoul busts

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

necromorph and Fallout Ghoul busts

Postby Wesr » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Sculpting over a pair of cheap (10.00 shipped) skulls that i filled with insulation foam to keep them from sagging. The eyes i'm just using sculpty since i couldn't find glass ones that looked right. i'm not sure about details but i'm adding a tongue for sure to both. the lower set of fangs in the one are going to be made of the jaw bone of the other that are cut and pieced together.

so far here is he lower jaw before curing.
Last edited by Wesr on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: necromorph busts

Postby Wesr » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 am

Now that i have a rolling pin and nice flat board i can get to work. So far so good but a long long way to go. I still have to make an armature for the spine bits and make those. I was impressed the eyes came out this good even though they need a lot more work.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:40 am

It's looking cool! What kind of sculpt are you using?
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:51 am

It's actually sculpty of all things. I have like 7 lbs of it left lol. i'm working on the armature and i think i may fill it with expanding insulation foam to save sculpty. still a long long way to go. the slasher i'm doing next (may do it at the same time) will be easier as there is no jaw but i may add a tongue dangling there just for fun.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

thats hot...but seriously thats lookin pretty nice
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I saw some weird design art of the flying infectors that actually still have hair and human faces/skulls. I'm probably going to do it on a smaller scale given the fact that they're like 4' long lol
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

My mom got tired of this thing staring at her so i decided to work on it. The top half is nearly totally covered now and then i just have to do the mouth half. I'm thinking of using this as a generic base for both of my scultures. I'm leaving patches of the skull exposed as it's probably closer to the in game models than the one design render i'm using. I'm also thinking of leaving some of the uneven details as they're more interesting than the smooth flesh in the one render. I'm going to cast the head and offer the jaw/mandibles to my friend as extras.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Sun May 08, 2011 4:15 am

I haven't quite got the nose ready yet so i fleshed out the cheeks a bit. As much as I liked the skeletal look it didn't fit with being any necromorph in the Dead Space universe yet. I also added some clay to the sides to represent the torn flesh and dangling flesh. Not happy with it yet so i'm hoping for feed back and ideas from on here. I also noticed that the sculpty cracks after a while like it is contracting for some reason. Might be the foam i used inside the head expanding and contracting slightly. I just go over it with new sculpty and it's good. I have to make the ears still and I'm thinking of maybe doing those seperately after I cure the head along with details like the tongue and such. I'm not sure how to get the texture of the torn flesh to look right either. My biggest worry is it will look cool but won't look like a necromorph. I can always try again with the mannequin head later one that i have.

Wesr
Realminator

Postby Patraw » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 am

Looking good so far, cool project!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 am

He needs some reworking. I'm hoping my friend who is a nut about dead space can help out as she says something isn't quite right. I should have gone with a slasher first as the leaper is an odd design.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Automatauntaun » Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 am

Wow....that's...intens...I can't wait to see the end.
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue May 17, 2011 6:35 am

Yeah I am thinking that he's going to be reworked into a Fallout Ghoul and i'll try something else for the necromorph head as it's just not coming together for me.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Sat May 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Okay I started reworking the sculpt into a Ghoul from Fallout inspired by these.
I've added patches of skin that look like the areas around it have flaked off as well as some areas that look like cancerous tumors. Not really shown in the game but they only have like 3 ghouls they modeled and they just throw different outfits on them.
I need to rework the nostrils for sure.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby invis » Mon May 23, 2011 11:54 pm

keep posting more of your "other custom creations", it adds a lot of variety here and it seems not a lot of people are doing it. These big scary things are really cool, I hope you finish them. It would be a lot cooler of they were full-body instead of just busts!
invis
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue May 24, 2011 7:07 am

I went over him with rubbing alcohol yesterday and it smoothed out a lot of teh roughness easily, it melts the sculpty so i had to be careful. I added more skin flaps. In the next day or so i'll bake him and then I have to put him someplace safe until i get the cash to buy molding supplies. My idea on this guy is to leave him without a lower jaw and mount his head on a spike, sort of like if some Raiders or something got ahold of him in the Fallout game.
Wesr
Realminator

Next

Return to Other Custom Creations