Xbox Live account hacking

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Xbox Live account hacking

Postby Darththomas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 am

So I was playing my favourite game online last night (FIFA 11) an I had a great game with this guy, he scored, I scored and so on. Anyhoo after extra time it went to penalties (never agood way of decideing a game but if needs must). I won on penalties and was about to send a good game message to the guy when he sent me a less than nice message of his own (after quitting the game because he lost). He was threatening to hack my account and called me a nasty name :lol: . Now I'm not worried that this no doubt tennage looser is actually going to hack my account but it got me thinking. Is it actually possible to hack an xbox live account?, has anyone have this happen and what possible use would it be to the hacker, I mean all my information is there for all to see. It just made me laugh how one person can be so sad and bitter after loosing what was a good game.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Re: Xbox Live account hacking

Postby Wesr » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

you should forward it to xbox and let them ban him. That's why i don't play online too many dbags and kids way too young for teh games they're playing.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby ilzadiraa » Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Whats the difference between Xbox 360 premium and Xbox 360 arcade? My husband and I want to sell our Wii with 2 remotes and 5 games and get an Xbox, it just has better games on it all around. But I see an Xbox360 premium and an arcade one, whats the difference? And is it true Halo 3 is frying Xbox's?
ilzadiraa
Newbie Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 am

I never had an issue with Halo 3. The arcade is your basic 360 with very little hard drive space. The premium is probably the next one up. I have the Elite 250 gbg hard drive and i've barely put a dent in the storage space. To be honest i think microsoft engineers the lower priced ones to fail as you hear about it all the time yet the elites made after 2009 have no issues. I got mine on amazon cheap luckily but they're up there in price again. If you get the arcade you won't be able to get much in downloadable content or saved games on the storage. I think it's aimed more at little kids who won't use alot of space.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Fri May 13, 2011 4:16 pm

I actually own the arcade version and haven't had any problems, i had three premiums die on me so I just bought the arcade and added my old hard drive to it. I think the later ones are gnerally reliable now. But yeah like Seph said the arcade is the basic package with a small memory chip inside 250mb i think, the Premium is the next one up with a 60gb hard drive.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

I just went with the elite since i'd gotten one for my then girlfriend 2 months earlier and she loved it. i figured it easier to get it factory made with a big drive than to keep upgrading. Also i only run mnie for 3-5 hours at a time then give it a break. that helps keep it cool.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby shapp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 pm

ilzadiraa wrote:Whats the difference between Xbox 360 premium and Xbox 360 arcade? My husband and I want to sell our Wii with 2 remotes and 5 games and get an Xbox, it just has better games on it all around. But I see an Xbox360 premium and an arcade one, whats the difference? And is it true Halo 3 is frying Xbox's?

The real difference is memory. The arcade units come with a built in system memory (pretty much next to nothing though) but no hard drive at all. The premium has a zero built in memory but it comes with a hard drive to save data and such. Buying the arcade unit and buying a hard drive usually comes out to be about the same as the premium but if you really want to buy an xbox you really should look at the Gears of War 320 Gig special edition system. Its listing for $399.99 but is an amazing deal. Comes with two controllers, a 320 gig hard drive, Gears of War 3, I believe it comes with a headset for online gaming, has a special paint job, custom sounds when you turn the system on, and some other random goodies. As I said, really really good deal. Oh and if you are planning on one, pre-order from somewhere because I believe they will be limited when they come out in September.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Robberson » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 am

Whats the difference between Xbox 360 premium and Xbox 360 arcade? My husband and I want to sell our Wii with 2 remotes and 5 games and get an Xbox, it just has better games on it all around. But I see an Xbox360 premium and an arcade one, whats the difference? And is it true Halo 3 is frying Xbox's?
Robberson
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Robberson wrote:Whats the difference between Xbox 360 premium and Xbox 360 arcade? My husband and I want to sell our Wii with 2 remotes and 5 games and get an Xbox, it just has better games on it all around. But I see an Xbox360 premium and an arcade one, whats the difference? And is it true Halo 3 is frying Xbox's?

Read above mate, it's all answered already, or are you another bot??
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby leafman343 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 pm

I would say a bot since it is word for word the same post made by ilzadiraa in May.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:55 am

leafman343 wrote:I would say a bot since it is word for word the same post made by ilzadiraa in May.

Oh yeah #-o , maybe I should take my own advice to the Bot and read the above :lol:
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Games of all Kinds