Sephiroth's costume stuff

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Sephiroth's costume stuff

Postby Automatauntaun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Did you ever do more?
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

I'm getting there. The halo helmet and pistol are nearly done for my friend. I have a sculpture nearly done and ready to cast once i get the materials. I might wait until fall for that since the heat could mess it up. Then i can start on other stuff. I do have a t-51b power armor helmet coming soon to put together from the Fallout games and i'm going to try and sculpt a lower torso for it to be displayed on.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby zombieforhire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Hey man , I`ve prob asked you this before but do you sell any of the stuff you make?of casts of them ?
if you do would it be possible to get a price list from you? if not its totally cool , i love seeing your work
zombieforhire
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:29 pm

I have tried anything yet casting wise. This is my first 100% custom the others have been from other people's kits. I have to figure out how to cast this thing without the thin parts snapping off.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Things are a bit slow, hopefully i can do a lot next week when i have the house to myself and can make all the noise i want when i feel like it.
T51B power armor helmet. Needs serious fiberglass reinforcement.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 am

That looks great!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 am

I got it for half price because it was the one he made while showing his girlfriend how to cast it and it's too thin at the bottom. I need to get some fiberglass cloth and resin. Bondo'll make it heavy. It's massive too. I'm not sure if it's exactly 1;1 scale as you can't really tell the scale in the games. he even gave me a little fan for inside. Plus almost all the other goodies. All the vents open and you can breath well in it he says. I think the work inside it will be the worst.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby fastfreddie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm

THAT'S UNREAL...well, I mean Halo! GOOD STUFF Seph! Screw the little stuff, you are going for the 1:1 scale! Awesome work
GATHERED TOGETHER FROM THE COSMIC REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE, HERE IN THIS GREAT HALL OF JUSTICE, ARE THE MOST POWERFUL FORCES OF GOOD EVER ASSEMBLED!
fastfreddie
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a tub of fiberglass resin and 8 square feet of fiberglass mat to reinforce the insides.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:34 am

That helmet is freak'n sweet bro! I wish I had time to put something that together! I'd love to make some armor! You should check out www.therpf.com
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:22 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:That helmet is freak'n sweet bro! I wish I had time to put something that together! I'd love to make some armor! You should check out http://www.therpf.com

lol I'm WesR on the RPF. You'll see all these projects on there. :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:23 am

Halo 3 legendary edition helmet. Original plan was to make it wearable and wire lights but that was too much of a pain at the time. I think if I had to redo it now I could but I wasn't even sure it would fit my friend. She wouldn't let me repaint the black spots. This thing has been a son of a pretty girl to paint from day one and still is far from perfect. :x
I got this months ago and I put it in power purple and stripped it down to the black resin. Looking back on it now that I've learned so much from the Pulse Rifle kit i'm putting together I'd have done it a bit differently. It is a display piece for my friend and is far from accurate. I just absolutely hated the fact the they were running around with such light colored weapons when nearly all real world combat weapons are dark colors. The patch is from the expensive Reach set, the plaque is from one of my random swords, I used the machine screws because I had them and they look kinda neat.
The red dots are thin pieces of styrene i made using a hole punch and put into drilled out holes. The extended one is actually the barrel of a mini gun from a Terminator Salvation T-600 figure that fit perfectly and looked neat. I'm currently debating whether to replace another part with a metal one or not as it won't be going to any cons. Overall I think it looks pretty good and it didn't need much work. It also helps that the black paint hides any blemishes and mistakes.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby VariablePenguin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 am

Smooth looking paint job on the helmet. Are you planning on weathering it any or is this the "mint" look?

I'd be worried about those machine screws biting into the paint if you actually hang it on a wall.

You've got some cool looking stuff on here. Keep up the good work.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

I'm actually going to paint the screws for added protection and i have enough clear coat on the gun that you'd have to work hard to get a dent in it. The helmet's gonna stay that way since it's how my friend wanted it. The bottom of it looks rough as it kept orange peeling.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

These are really awesome! Where do you buy these kits? Cause I've always wanted to buy a kit for judge dreads gun and some other stuff.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Other Custom Creations