absorbing man custom collaboration/contest

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

absorbing man custom collaboration/contest

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a custom collaboration project. My idea is to make an absorbing man figure with lots of changeable arms and legs of different materials. The idea behind this is that every customizer can use there unique talents to make a different changeable body part such as a mettle arm, brick leg, wooden leg, glass arm, etc(but be creative feel free to go wild with this). You are not limited to one entry you can make as many different parts as you want or you could make a matching set such as metal arms and legs. Then I will post pictures of him and all the different custom parts and we will vote on who's was the best and the person with the best one will get to keep this figure for them self as a prize for there hard work. Please post any questions, comments, or ideas bellow. I am still looking for a wrestling figure that would be good for this project. What I am looking for is a wrestling figure wearing jeans but with ball joints at the hip so that his legs can be easily switched. I also want it to be a figure that is compatible in size with most other wrestling figures so that you can use and arm or a leg from other wrestling figures and it will match this figure in size and joint type.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: absorbing man custom collaboration/contest

Postby VariablePenguin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:34 am

That sounds pretty cool!
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:36 am

VariablePenguin wrote:That sounds pretty cool!

Thanks I just kneed to get some customizers signed on and find the right base figure and we can start.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 am

This sounds awesome! Unfortunately the one I am making is using up the last of my sculpt!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:This sounds awesome! Unfortunately the one I am making is using up the last of my sculpt!

You could do a strait repaint or I could send you some sculpt if you wanted it for this project. I want to get as many customizers on board as I can. :D
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey, thanks for the offer bro! I'll get more sculpt! When do you want these done by? Are heads guna be fair game and do we do magnets for the parts? If we use magnets we have to get the polarity correct. Magnets seem the best choice to connect so many pieces! Maybe we send you the finished pieces and you put magnets in them? Let me know when you choose a base figure. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:29 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:Hey, thanks for the offer bro! I'll get more sculpt! When do you want these done by? Are heads guna be fair game and do we do magnets for the parts? If we use magnets we have to get the polarity correct. Magnets seem the best choice to connect so many pieces! Maybe we send you the finished pieces and you put magnets in them? Let me know when you choose a base figure. :D

I was planning to do the heads myself (but the heads and the basic body I make for him will not be voted on), and I'll start the contest when I get a minimum of six participants, and I was planning to use pop joints for the changeable body parts similar to what marvel legends used for the changeable body parts on the old mr. fantastic.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Sounds good so far! So pop joints? How are they attached? Glue? Drill, then glue? I am just curious that of I sculpt and paint a piece, how much of it will need to be taken back off. Should we leave you some room to attach the joint? Sorry to be a pain but I'd hate to mess up and make more work for you!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:11 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:Sounds good so far! So pop joints? How are they attached? Glue? Drill, then glue? I am just curious that of I sculpt and paint a piece, how much of it will need to be taken back off. Should we leave you some room to attach the joint? Sorry to be a pain but I'd hate to mess up and make more work for you!

The pop joints can be made by loosening the joint slightly with dremmel and making the mushroom part of the shoulder joint into more of a rounded piece. This makes it so that arms can be popped on and off easily but they won't fall off on there own. I'm doing the same thing for the legs.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 am

I want to use this figure for the body or any figure with the same molds.

Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:31 pm

pock63 wrote:I want to use this figure for the body or any figure with the same molds.

Great base and parts are easily aquired
For those doing legs- Matt Striker is around $9 with shipping on Ebay. [-o< As it just so happens I have a Shad and lots of fodder pieces for this! :D Should we have some sort of color coordination with the paints? Possibly a flesh tone if anyome wants to make a part transforming. Are the legs going to be black amd white stripes amd how thick and far apart for the stripes if so? Hate to be a bother I just thought it would be cool to keep the parts uniform.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:55 pm

hmmmm collor coordinating the paints might be hard :-k I'll do my best to make it work and I'll post what paints I used after I pick up the base figure and paint it up.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Great! Paints used would be awesome! When the base is done a pic might help! I'm sure the base will take longer than parts or if you want it to be a surprise maybe a close up of different parts for reference!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:Great! Paints used would be awesome! When the base is done a pic might help! I'm sure the base will take longer than parts or if you want it to be a surprise maybe a close up of different parts for reference!

I can also post the color and brand of paints I use.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Hmm, noone seems to be bitinh on this one! Maybe you should try pm'ng ppl or posting this under some other topics as well?
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Next

Return to General Action Figure Chatter