6 Inch locations, HELP!!!!

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

6 Inch locations, HELP!!!!

Postby shapp » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Where do you guys suggest to go to pick up some 6 inch figures for base and fodder purposes? In the area there isn't anything but walmart, target, and kmarts. Besides that there are comic book stores, but the figures get pricey there. So I'm looking for some good websites that I could track some stuff down for cheap if possible.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Re: 6 Inch locations, HELP!!!!

Postby Finn Varra » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 pm

You can find some good deals on ebay, but only if you buy a group of figures. Toys R Us website is another good one, be sure to check out the clearance section on the site. Otherwise Target, Walmart, etc are a good place to find WWE, or TNA figures. Not sure about your area, but the Target near me has TNA figures on sale for 6 bucks.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby shapp » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:46 pm

I really appreciate the advice my friend, this whole custom thing is very very new to me as I've only finished two thus far. I will check out the website and I haven't even thought about wrestling figures to be honest.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Aesthetikz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Second hand stores (Thrift Stores).
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby ryuskrew » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:53 pm

You'd be surprised to hear that a lot of the customs nowadays (at least, from what I'm hearing/seeing) have the base figure be a wrestler/TNA/UFC fighter of some sort. They're cheap, in supply, and good to work with generally.
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Thrift stores is a good one, I hadn't even thought of there. You can sometimes get lucky with garage sales too. Casters are also good sources for specific items like heads or weapons.

Yeah wrestling figures make pretty good base figures for more muscular characters. I made a Wrecking Crew entirely of wrestling figures.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Wow guys, I really do appreciate all the advice =D
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Current Figures & Sightings