DC Universe Legacy Edition Catman

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

DC Universe Legacy Edition Catman

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 am

Just broke down and bought the new DC Universe Legacy Edition Catman from Kmart for $15. This line has also been appearing at my local Walmart. Both stores have had scarce quantities. With Kmart only having Catman and Batgirl and Walmart down to Batman and Joker. The bodies on these are the same as the DC Universe Classics line. The sculpts and paint applications seem to be of a slightly superior quality compared to the Classics line. Catman having actual tiny lines in the sculpt on his 5 O'clock shadow as well as tiny painted lines. The details on his utility belt are well done as well. The paint overall is very clean and congruese with previous DC lines lacking shadowing and highlights giving it a more cartoony feel. I did notice the Batman had a dirtied mud effect similar to the Clayface two-pack Batman and The Public Enemies line variant but this Batman seems to look cooler. All the points of articulation are the standard that we have seen with the DC Universe Classics line. The cheaper price than the Green Lantern line means no CNC part but that isn't always a total loss. Catman does come with a base that stands almost an inch high and looks cool for display as well as two claw accessories and a comic art poster in lieu of the CNC part. The box juts out at a slanted angle giving MIP collectors a nice box for display and making the cityscape and picture of Catman more easily viewable. All-in-all, a great line of figures with some great new variant and at a lower pricepoint. If you can find these they are worth taking a look even sans CNC pieces.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Re: DC Universe Legacy Edition Catman

Postby Pock63 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm

There aren't any of these guys at stores near me yet. I can't wait to get the catman, Mr. Freeze, trenchcoat joker, and twoface.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah, I've seen a few! Wish I could get them all but how many Catman's will they make? Even though his character is a knockoff. The original is about as old as Superman.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 am

I'm not sure but there seems to be a chance I am actually the only owner currently of a Catman. All the Pre-Orders seem to be in September or October. Seeimg as he was the only one I've seen among the Batman and Jokers, my figure may have been shipped incorrectly. 8)
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:34 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:I'm not sure but there seems to be a chance I am actually the only owner currently of a Catman. All the Pre-Orders seem to be in September or October. Seeimg as he was the only one I've seen among the Batman and Jokers, my figure may have been shipped incorrectly. 8)

Nope I saw one in the store a few days ago.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby therapist » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:45 am

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:
RedRebelCustoms wrote:I'm not sure but there seems to be a chance I am actually the only owner currently of a Catman. All the Pre-Orders seem to be in September or October. Seeimg as he was the only one I've seen among the Batman and Jokers, my figure may have been shipped incorrectly. 8)

Nope I saw one in the store a few days ago.

Yeah my local place has a few too
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Golden Wolf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:15 pm

I spotted Him at kmart the other day.
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:52 am

yeah catmans have been like really common here and have been for like a while
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Helix326 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 am

Broke down? That's not a very positive way to look at it.
Ebay ID Avalanche731

Works In Progress! http://bit.ly/r7biSi

My Wants/Needs http://bit.ly/mTLXcw
Helix326
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Well, I guess I'm not the first LOL! Broke down is the phrase I found appropriate at the ever- raising pricepoint of the various lines of figures. I am a single divorced father of four with two baby's mama's and with two young boys both of whom collect DCUC and ML, my collection is always considered a luxury. Not to mention customizing is an expensive hobby as well. I apologize if my word choice offended you in any way. I had no intention of doing so. I was simply refering to my decision to buy something That I work hard to be able to afford and it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 pm

I agree with you about the price. The only way I can afford to buy new dcuc any more is if I save up and buy an entire set online. When I do that it comes out to about $13 apiece which isn't to bad but $17 apiece in stores is outrageous.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Current Figures & Sightings