Figure Realm Contest Glitch

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Figure Realm Contest Glitch

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:03 am

* EDITED *. I like the new comment section. It's a really useful feature. I also like the anonymity of our contests. Thanks for both Figure Realm. This a great community.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Re: Figure Realm Contest Glitch

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 am

Is there a way to add a comment/ warning for posting contest pics by the upload box? I think by an honest mistake, members who had not previously entered a contest did not know about the no logo rule.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:42 am

Hey thanks for the heads up redrebel, this will get looked into.

As for the logo rule, yeah it is a rule but sometimes things get missed. Personally I always give any custom with a logo on it a 1 star rating just out of principal.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 am

The 'no names/logos' rule has been there as long as I've been a member--while I can understand older members skipping/skimming through that bottom section of the rules, as it never really changes much, new members should read through the contest text in its entirety so that they don't miss important points like that. Alternatively, I guess I could start repeating it, further up in the rules, to catch people's attention.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:02 pm

IMO you really shouldn't have to repeat it. Just seems like it's reinforcing bad behavior.
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:19 am

While I agree it shouldn't have to be repeated in the rules more that once, it does tend to be an ongoing problem, and an extra reminder might help curb the practice.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 am

Touche
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Are the mods who approve the contest entries able to see the pictures before voting begins? I know regular customs have to go through an approval process before they appear on the site. Maybe if mods can also see that it has been entered into a contest those entries could be rejected and the user notified as to why, if the mod feels like it. I would think having entries DQ'ed would send a stronger message than getting voted down. Newer members might not understand that their entry did terribly because of a rules violation.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:28 pm

leafman343 wrote:Are the mods who approve the contest entries able to see the pictures before voting begins? I know regular customs have to go through an approval process before they appear on the site. Maybe if mods can also see that it has been entered into a contest those entries could be rejected and the user notified as to why, if the mod feels like it. I would think having entries DQ'ed would send a stronger message than getting voted down. Newer members might not understand that their entry did terribly because of a rules violation.

We do our best to catch these entries before the contest starts but sometimes one will slip through. It would be a good idea for all new users(and old ones if your memory is foggy) to read the rules thoroughly before entering.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments