Need help identifying 90's gross slime squirting monsters!

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Need help identifying 90's gross slime squirting monsters!

Postby Vil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 am

Hello as the title says I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of identifying and possibly seeing again these early 90's action figures.

All I remember is a blurry 1992-93's TV ad where some kids were torturing an overweight screaming woman with some soft rubber squishy monsters that squirted ooze, booger or some kind of gooey substance through their nose, mouth, bellybutton and eyes. Each of them squirted through a different place, one was brown with an oversized rat like nose and had green ooze, and the one I had was a big headed dark blue stitched zombie that emanated a sort of pinkish substance through the eyes.

They were really hideous, and thus I loved them, but the fact that makes them so hard to remember is that the TV ad was in spanish and they were called something like "La Onda Guacala" which translates into "The Nasty Wave"... so the memory is not quite useful while googling. As far as I remember they were five to six inch tall, made by Mattel, and they are not Madballs since they had an attached kind of deformed body.

Well I hope you guys have any clue of the name of these action figures, or anything that can lead me to find a picture.

Thanks in advance

.C.
Vil
Newbie Realmer

Re: Need help identifying 90's gross slime squirting monster

Postby PerV » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I remember those (I'm from Mexico). They were from the company "Galoop Toys" and the english name was "space crew".

The two I remember the most are:

Eye sor (an eye with pus) and Trasher (a garbage canwith eyes and a big tongue).

Hope this helps. :D
PerV
Inductee Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 pm

PerV wrote:I remember those (I'm from Mexico). They were from the company "Galoop Toys" and the english name was "space crew".

Eye sor (an eye with pus) and Trasher (a garbage canwith eyes and a big tongue).

Did a little research on this based on the info you provided PerV, the line was called The Spew Crew from Galoob, nice work man.
link: http://www.poundart.com/art/galoob/spewcrew.html
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby PerV » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:32 am

leafman343 wrote:
PerV wrote:I remember those (I'm from Mexico). They were from the company "Galoop Toys" and the english name was "space crew".

Did a little research on this based on the info you provided PerV, the line was called The Spew Crew from Galoob, nice work man.
link: http://www.poundart.com/art/galoob/spewcrew.html

Excellent my friend! :)
PerV
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 pm

I can't believe I don't remember ever seeing these. :shock:
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Figures of the Past