Figure Realm Custom Contest Leaderboard

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Figure Realm Custom Contest Leaderboard

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:48 am

Here's something I've been slowly working on for the last few weeks: a comprehensive Figure Realm custom contest leaderboard. The idea is that this will allow everyone who's ever participated in one, or more, of our contests to see how they stack up against everybody else, over time, and it will hopefully serve as a tool to promote friendly competition and participation in future contests. The data shown represents all the results from the last 57 contests, and it's my intent to update it after the completion of each new contest (i.e., I'll add the points from the Halloween Dress-Up results to this table sometime next week and so forth.)

The scoring system I devised is based on both achievement (trophies) and participation (number of submissions). The reasons for this are:
- If I only tallied up points for trophies, that would leave out everyone who's never won one, which would be exclusive, rather than inclusive.
- I'm of the opinion that anybody should be able to progress up the leaderboard, regardless of whether they get a trophy or not, over time, simply by virtue of hard work and perseverance.
- Individuals that currently have a high rank won't be able to rest on their laurels--while multiple trophies give large increases to a person's score, if they don't work to maintain that position by participating in current or future contests, eventually, they'll slip in rank as more industrious people overtake them.

I posted the leaderboard in its entirety this time, so that everybody can see where they are, but, in the future, for the sake of brevity/space, I'm probably going to cut off the lowest scores when I do updates. I'm thinking everybody with scores of 1 or 2, and possibly 3. Let me stress that data won't be gone, it'll still be in my spreadsheet at home, and, I'll continue to add to the scores of those people if they participate in future contests--they just won't appear on the leaderboard I maintain for everyone to view on the forum until they've achieved a slightly higher score (probably 3-4.)

If any of you have had multiple usernames at Figure Realm over the years (i.e., if you left the site at some point, and then re-registered at some later date under a new name, etc.), and that's reflected in any contest results, please let me know so that I can combine the scores, which should also increase your position. For example, I suspect that boskoes/boskoes1 and windblock2002/windblock2007 are really two people, not four.

There are a LOT of numbers and people in this table, so it's only natural that I might have made an error here and there while compiling the data. If you believe I've made a mistake, shoot me an e-mail or PM about it and I'll look into it and get it fixed if I'm wrong. IMPORTANT: You must be very specific about what's incorrect (i.e., I won 2 bronze trophies in the "x" and "y" contests, but you only have 1 listed for me on the leaderboard)--I don't have the time to search through hundreds of entries, across 57 contests, trying to find a discrepancy that you're not sure about. Check your Customizer Profile, in your Figure Realm Account, all your contest stats and results are listed there, so, if necessary, you should easily be able to pinpoint for me exactly what's wrong with my numbers and why.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Re: Figure Realm Custom Contest Leaderboard

Postby Darththomas » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:29 pm

This is awesome Patraw!!, I bet it took some time to get all this together, great commitment mate!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 pm

totally agreed with darth about how awesome this is and your dedication is epic. as always keep up the great work patraw.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Patraw » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Halloween Dress-Up contest. As I mentioned previously, in the interest of conserving space, I cut off everyone with a score of 1-3 points. If your username isn't on this updated list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner getsa moved up from 17 points to 24 points, to tie with Kyle Robinson.
- Silver winner Finn Varra moved up from 1 point to 9 points, a position shared by nine other Figure Realm members (this gain also includes a 1 point increase from the contest results of an old username.)
- Bronze winner PEEPEETRON moved up from 7 points to 12 points, to tie with BYGTOPP.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:05 pm

This is awesome P. Thanks for doing this.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Finn Varra » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:16 pm

=D> You sir, are dedicated!
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer

Postby getsa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:21 pm

now that's a loooooong list! that's some extensive work patraw. that's a nice addition to the realm. salute! =D>
getsa
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CUZTOMIZA » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 pm

This is awesome job Mr. Patraw! I Realy admire and salute your dedication on doing this behemoth task.. =D> =D> =D> Who knows? This can be an 'OFFICIAL" World of Action Figure Customizers Ranking.

Only FR have this and can be considered an official ranking since has strong documented and analytical bearing and likewise technical basis and this authored by Non Other than Mr. PATRAW the GREAT!!! [-o< [-o< =D> =D>
CUZTOMIZA
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

Here are the updated standings which now include the Group Dynamics results:

Gold Winner G1-Toys moves up from 3 points to 10 points, tieing with ten other Figure Realm members!

Silver Winner cowboyink moves up from 9 points to 15 points, tieing with E-freeze figures and Vestarr!

Bronze winner customiza moves up from 66 points to 72 points, further cementing his #1 position! Customiza also breaks the tie with chaosemperor for most contests entered!

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Monochromatic custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner hussapocalypse moved up from 3 points to 10 points, a position shared by 11 other Figure Realm members
- Silver winner Finn Varra moved up from 9 point to 15 points, to tie with Bob-A-Ferret, cowboyink, E-freeze Figures, and Vestarr.
- Bronze winner PEEPEETRON moved up from 12 points to 17 points, to tie with darththomas81 and Maelstrom.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:50 am

Woo hoo! I made the list. Great Idea Patraw. I do wonder as an over all customizer ranking how this will fare with non-participants in our conest. Makes me wonder if Bob and CFC's suggestion for past customs wouldn't be valid here. I was thinking about that and wondering if we had a link to a free web hosted by a moderator from figurerealm that was entirely built around such a contest we'd have a ton more room and Captain Coder wouldn't need to add on here. I have seen other sites do this. My guess is because domain names are cheaper than paying for more data through a host site. Some are just links to free sites though with no registered domain.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Mechanized custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner mr. vader bags his first trophy and moves up from 1 point to 8 points, a position shared by eight other Figure Realm members
- Silver winner customiza moved up from 72 points to 78 points, rising still farther into the stratosphere.
- Bronze winner Jarred706 snags his first trophy and moves up from 3 points to 8 points, to join mr. vader and seven other Figure Realm customizers.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

Due to the Christmas holiday weekend, I'm not going to have a chance to be online again until at least Tuesday, so the Leaderboard won't be updated with the ThunderCats Ho! contest results until sometime next week.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 pm

I don't really like the leaderboard :? Its kind of a slap in the face to people who are lower on the board. No this isn't personal cuz I have entered one contest and it was a gag entry. But to the people who are really trying hard I could see how this could be very offensive.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby CUZTOMIZA » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks Mr. Patraw
Last edited by CUZTOMIZA on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CUZTOMIZA
Inductee Realmer

Next

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments