Hello from a newbie!

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Hello from a newbie!

Postby KiboBeerNomad » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm commonly known as Kibo the Beer Nomad, or by my abbreviated handle, KiboBeerNomad.

I'm here to prove the renaissance man is not dead. I have knowledge of many things, knowledge of many varying depths. I am/have been a baker, embalmer, painter, landscaper, furniture builder and handler, author, poet, martial artist, collector, amateur historian, amateur metallurgist, wordsmith, comedian, aspiring blacksmith, and now an aspiring figure customizer of mostly the 4" scale.

I suffered a debilitating head injury in March 2011. I have an infant son who never stops impressing me, especially with his radiant and astonishing positivity. Seriously, the happiest baby I've EVER seen.

I love to read...or rather, I did before my injury, which has affected my vision and balance, amongst other things.

I can be a bit of a cultural cuissinart...I'm a firm believer in Miyamoto Musashi's principle of "Familiarize yourself with EVERYTHING. Know a little about every thing there is to know about."

I admire the work of the great customizers on this site and greatly appreciate everyone here, as everyone has been terrific to me thus far.

~Kibo
KiboBeerNomad
Inductee Realmer

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Postby Darththomas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 am

Welcome in buddy, sorry to hear bout the injury but I agree with your thoughts on your son, I have a son who's two this month and yeah he constantly impresses me and has the ability to pull me out of any slump with a well placed smile or giggle :D . Hope you enjoy it here man!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Galactape » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:30 am

Welcome to FigureRealm, I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. :D
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby KiboBeerNomad » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks darth and Galactape!
KiboBeerNomad
Inductee Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Kibo...beer...nomad. Haha! weeeelcome :badgrin: I'm Yamivash 0 most lovable guy around not to mention sexy and talented!My signature I really relate to seeming I'm preeeetty much the best in the world! I'm also the 2009 realmer of the year(a contest that I hope to do again this year seeming I couldn't find time last year) and I'm the second most senior moderator on the site...Yes I'm amazing all this and Just barely 18 I'm kinda a prodigy ,I am a living legend!
Your son sounds great much like My 8 month neices I've never seen them cry .I also can relate to the renaissance man comment I'm a bit of a jack of all trades;Artist,Writter,song writer poet,freerunner, recently indy wresling ,ect.

"When I wanna be a superhero I just wake up I'm renaissance man man with a hollywood buzz I refuse to going back to not liking who I was!"

Well theres my counter introduction :lol: Hope it was able to entertain you :lol:
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby KiboBeerNomad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 pm

It got a smirk, but i give you the benefit of the doubt. I had a rather disappointing doctor's appointment today. Seriously though, thanks to all for the warm welcomes, and I did smile. (Doctor's evaluation still sucked though)
KiboBeerNomad
Inductee Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Welcome newbie. Im the only person you need to know here and its great to finally have another parent on here (sephiroth & Yami need to get to work) Im a father of 8 myself 8) hope we get to see much of your work.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby KiboBeerNomad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

Thanks again to all! Yami, I hope you didn't take any offense to my foul mood the other day, and you did make me smirk, which is something! Therapist, thanks for the welcome too, and man, this parenthood racket just changes all kinds of dynamics, don't it? As for my work, well...i've got 8 up on the site so far...and as many in progress, from one stage or another between 'concept/idea' to 'finishing touches'...haha. Thanks again everyone for the welcome!
KiboBeerNomad
Inductee Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:24 am

KiboBeerNomad wrote:Thanks again to all! Yami, I hope you didn't take any offense to my foul mood the other day, and you did make me smirk, which is something! Therapist, thanks for the welcome too, and man, this parenthood racket just changes all kinds of dynamics, don't it? As for my work, well...i've got 8 up on the site so far...and as many in progress, from one stage or another between 'concept/idea' to 'finishing touches'...haha. Thanks again everyone for the welcome!

Everyones mean to yami. Probably cuz hes the runt of the litter but its all good. he gets off to it :lol:

Im a horrible customizer. I havent really done much in some time now.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Return to Off Topic