Hand-crafted steel swords

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Hand-crafted steel swords

Postby ryuskrew » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:10 pm

This really is amazing. The only thing that confuses me a bit is how the steel doesn't overweigh what the arms could hold, so if you tried putting them in a pose it actually doesn't seem too heavy. Swords look great and fit the figures perfectly.
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Just like a real sword, most of the weight is at the handle. The blade itself weighs almost nothing. You can do all kinds of posing. Check out my Rai custom. The poses with the sword look pretty natural. The trick is to make the pummel (handle) the correct thickness so that it is held firmly.
This is a neat extension of the hobby and a lot of fun. Thanks guys for the kind words. OJJ
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby ryuskrew » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Just like a real sword, most of the weight is at the handle. The blade itself weighs almost nothing. You can do all kinds of posing. Check out my Rai custom. The poses with the sword look pretty natural. The trick is to make the pummel (handle) the correct thickness so that it is held firmly.
This is a neat extension of the hobby and a lot of fun. Thanks guys for the kind words. OJJ

See, this is where my ignorance of steel/swords makes me wrong XD. Thanks for the correction, man. Also, keep up the great work!
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Previous

Return to Other Custom Creations