"He's new here, Marv. He didn't know!"

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

"He's new here, Marv. He didn't know!"

Postby terryzom » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I "live next door" on another offshoot of the Spawn boards. Although toys aren't really my thing, I decided to join up since I've been "Marvel"-ing :D a great deal at the amazing collections and custom work on here. Tried posting my very small specialty collection, but the board thinks I'm a spambot still, hehe. Guys, post some stuff so I can make insightful comments in the meantime and get rep! (poke poke) :mrgreen:
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Re: "He's new here, Marv. He didn't know!"

Postby Darththomas » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:00 am

Welcome on board terryzom, look forward to seeing your collection!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 am

welcome on board and can't wait to see the collection.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby therapist » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 pm

darththomas81 wrote:Welcome on board terryzom, look forward to seeing your collection!!

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:welcome on board and can't wait to see the collection.

It's a sad day when regulators on a customizing website lack creativity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello tired traveller. You know we are doin somethin right when we attract non toy collectors.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 pm

LOL!!!!!
how about we rejoice and are honored for your participation to this realm of figures and other custom creations. we also offer a wide variety of other subject matter. we await your additions to our site.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Therapist wrote:
darththomas81 wrote:Welcome on board terryzom, look forward to seeing your collection!!

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:welcome on board and can't wait to see the collection.

It's a sad day when regulators on a customizing website lack creativity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello tired traveller. You know we are doin somethin right when we attract non toy collectors.

:lol: EEERRRRMM???................... nope............................................I got nothing [smilie=confuzzled.gif] so i'll end this with a good old fashioned....................

NNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRR!!!!! :lol:
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby terryzom » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Heheheheh, thanks a bunch for the kind welcome nonetheless guys. I can't call myself much of a "collector" with a straight face given the very limited number of pieces I have--just a few cool odds and ends. I started doing a couple of customs more out of the desire to start being creative again where it doesn't involve an information technology solution, which is how I found this site. Most recently made custom stretch arms for my son's Marvel Universe FF pack Mr. Fantastic out of a Plastic Man happy meal toy and some rubber tubing. They didn't paint as well as I'd hoped, but they really add some nice features to the figure!
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:09 pm

plastic or rubber tubing takes a bit more to paint, since most paints tend to crack or peel. as for your collection it all starts somewhere, just like customizing and then grows from there. but none the less look forward to your contributions and inclusion into our site.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby leafman343 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm

terryzom wrote:Heheheheh, thanks a bunch for the kind welcome nonetheless guys. I can't call myself much of a "collector" with a straight face given the very limited number of pieces I have--just a few cool odds and ends. I started doing a couple of customs more out of the desire to start being creative again where it doesn't involve an information technology solution, which is how I found this site. Most recently made custom stretch arms for my son's Marvel Universe FF pack Mr. Fantastic out of a Plastic Man happy meal toy and some rubber tubing. They didn't paint as well as I'd hoped, but they really add some nice features to the figure!

I've never tried this but I've heard that you can mix a little bit of liquid latex in with your paint and it shouldn't crack and peel.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments