collection display in room with sloping roof?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

collection display in room with sloping roof?

Postby darthvader_22uk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi all,

im currently selling my house and so looking for suitable places to display my collection. In my current house they were displayed in bedroom, but the house we are looking at moving to has a massive loft space however it has sloping roofs. I was wondering if anyone else was utilizing a loft or similar space with sloping roofs to display their collection and if anyone would be willing to share photos for ideas of how to get around this?

thanks in advance
darthvader_22uk
Newbie Realmer

Re: collection display in room with sloping roof?

Postby barefootabe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 pm

sounds like good place to hang star wars ships :D
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I have a sloping roof, so I put shelves up, coming out of the verrical part to the other side of the room, but its only half a loft, so the shalves are basically as long as the room.
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 am

I've got dozens of MOC figures hanging from the double-sloped roof (both sides) room on the second floor of our house. What I did was make a bunch of individual cardboard bracers/backers, cut to the angle of the sloping roof, and screwed those into the wall, and then hung the carded figures on those. With this method, the figures hang at the proper 90 degree angle and they have back support so that the card doesn't bend/warp from the figure's weight. The downside is that you'd have to be willing to put a bunch of screwholes in your roof and spend the time making all those backers.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter