The Best RPGs Through The Ages

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The Best RPGs Through The Ages

Postby therapist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I still havent had a chance to play any of the Oblivian games sadly :( need to pick up Skyrim. My sister loves the heck out of it to the point I never get to borrow hers :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 am

I need the ipad so i can play the g1 transformer RPG that's out.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 am

Therapist wrote:I still havent had a chance to play any of the Oblivian games sadly :( need to pick up Skyrim. My sister loves the heck out of it to the point I never get to borrow hers :lol:

I can understand that, it's easy to lose at least four hours in that game.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 pm

love the thread, great topic.
as for my favorites all of the legend of zelda games, not played skyward sword yet and my least favorite is zelda II adventure of link. I do have to say it was one of the more challenging games, where you had more sword play options. and who didn't hate thunderbird?

valkyrie profile, this game is right up there with LoZ and that is something. I can not believe no one mentioned this game. I had always played more FF type games and this one was so amazingly good. I have not played the sequel or other versions, but hope to play the sequel one day.

of course chrono trigger, game absolutely blew me away. on all levels one of the finest like LoZ.

final fantasty I only go up to 7 and really only played the american versions 1, 2 and 3. really great games and fun to play.

phantasy star 1-4, even though 3 is not as great as the others. it is a cool option to have muliple stories and options throughout the game.

breath of fire games were great, the second was a lot better IMO.

dragon warrior were also very fun, but never got around to playing any of them after the second, should have though. always an entertaining.

always liked playing x-men legends 2 and marvel ultimate alliance, they were fun. maybe a bit simplistic, but liked being able to power up the characters choose your team and it not completely be a button masher.

not played but want to play shining force games and elder scrolls skyrim, heard great things about them. also maybe the knights of the old republic rpg and the dc online game.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby therapist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 pm

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:final fantasty I only go up to 7 and really only played the american versions 1, 2 and 3. really great games and fun to play.

How dare you exclude Final Fantasy 8 ...where do you get off!... I hate you [-( I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME!!!!!
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:30 pm

We need a duke nukem RPG. They could make it as a way to reissue all the old games in a new way since they don't seem to want to port them to xbox live.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Therapist wrote:
cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:final fantasty I only go up to 7 and really only played the american versions 1, 2 and 3. really great games and fun to play.

How dare you exclude Final Fantasy 8 ...where do you get off!... I hate you [-( I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME!!!!!

I tried to play it, but for some reason never got into it, but loved the into and graphics. maybe it was me sucking so bad at the card game and upgrading weapons. and I am a bit old school, but I still love you, may give the game a chance again and maybe 9. I only get off where my bus takes me, but trust me I would not betray you, only giving my 2 cents for the time being.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby therapist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:
Therapist wrote:

I tried to play it, but for some reason never got into it, but loved the into and graphics. maybe it was me sucking so bad at the card game and upgrading weapons. and I am a bit old school, but I still love you, may give the game a chance again and maybe 9. I only get off where my bus takes me, but trust me I would not betray you, only giving my 2 cents for the time being.

I am a HUGE Final Fantasy fanboy and have thus far played them all (except 9 I bought that one and it didnt work when I bought it. I also havent played 13-2 yet. My daughter has it so I am waiting for her to beat it) but I agree I am very old school. I am trying to find someplace to move my DVDs so I can plug up my N64 and SNES. I am not a fan of these newer RPGs but will play anything named final fantasy to continue my loyalty
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 pm

I totally agree I am a huge fan myself, but really only play the older ones since I don't have any of the new systems. I love the way the FF games look, but don't anything about them, really want to play dissidia. thats awesome your daughter is into the games, my family could care less about what I am into. I feel you also on making room, I just can't find the time or place myself. but that is awesome you have your loyalty to FF, mine might go to the main system versions of legend of zelda, but all the games I mentioned are games I would pick up before all others.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby therapist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:I totally agree I am a huge fan myself, but really only play the older ones since I don't have any of the new systems. I love the way the FF games look, but don't anything about them, really want to play dissidia. thats awesome your daughter is into the games, my family could care less about what I am into. I feel you also on making room, I just can't find the time or place myself. but that is awesome you have your loyalty to FF, mine might go to the main system versions of legend of zelda, but all the games I mentioned are games I would pick up before all others.

For the most part my entire family have nerdy hobbies. My mom collects dolls. My brother is Yamivash 0. One of my sisters is on here as geekygab and loves transformers. Another collects living dead dolls and another is a HUGE pokemon fan. My wife (cherry bomb) LOOOOVES star wars, back to the future, Punisher, Conan, and X-force. Actually we started dating cuz I lent her my X-force comics :lol: My girls are all pretty nerdy. 4 of the current 8 I have (finishing up the process of adopting 2 more) are nerdy to an extant ranging from Star Wars to larping to anime to comics :lol:

Oddly enough I never considered legend of Zelda a RPG. More an adventure game but thats just me. I love zelda and all the legend of Zelda games. I have every system (minus atari 2600 :( ) and I still prefer older games over all these cut copy paste shooters they have these days.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Therapist wrote:
cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:I totally agree I am a huge fan myself, but really only play the older ones since I don't have any of the new systems. I love the way the FF games look, but don't anything about them, really want to play dissidia. thats awesome your daughter is into the games, my family could care less about what I am into. I feel you also on making room, I just can't find the time or place myself. but that is awesome you have your loyalty to FF, mine might go to the main system versions of legend of zelda, but all the games I mentioned are games I would pick up before all others.

For the most part my entire family have nerdy hobbies. My mom collects dolls. My brother is Yamivash 0. One of my sisters is on here as geekygab and loves transformers. Another collects living dead dolls and another is a HUGE pokemon fan. My wife (cherry bomb) LOOOOVES star wars, back to the future, Punisher, Conan, and X-force. Actually we started dating cuz I lent her my X-force comics :lol: My girls are all pretty nerdy. 4 of the current 8 I have (finishing up the process of adopting 2 more) are nerdy to an extant ranging from Star Wars to larping to anime to comics :lol:

Oddly enough I never considered legend of Zelda a RPG. More an adventure game but thats just me. I love zelda and all the legend of Zelda games. I have every system (minus atari 2600 :( ) and I still prefer older games over all these cut copy paste shooters they have these days.

That is awesome, don't have much to talk to my family about, if it isn't college sports or the kardashians (and I can assure you none of those are on my list). You have an really cool family then and they are a true honor to the realm. geekygab, she must also like resident evil, I am taking a guess. Is it just the toys of transformers or the cartoon or movies? I used to play magic and heroclix, but since my disabiltiy no one to play those games with, does your other sister collect or play pokemon. I used to tell my nephew when he liked pokemon that each of them had 1st names or else how could you tell them apart. It was Ray Pickachu, Sammy Squirtle, Bobby Bulbasor and there were more names but can't remember them now. Your wife sounds awesome, good things to love and dating due to comics is fate. and have to say being a nerd is an honor to me and your girls will do well by your family it seems. Also congrats on adopting that is a great thing to do and worthy of much praise. does anybody other than yamivash 0 make customs? As you can tell that is one of my stress reducers and talking to other awesome members, since I can't get out much.

I can understand your concept on legend of zelda, but to me it is a bit like resident evil (has a bit of questing for items and unlocking/moving through the game), I guess you could put metroid down also in that category, another one of my favs. But zelda and metroid have a bit of leveling up by collecting heart containers and energy tanks. I have a well preserved nintendo, gameboy advance, PS2, Gamecube with the gameplayer for gameboy games and a Wii. want to get my hands on a PS3 for games and blurays. I also understand about shooters now adays, bought a xbox for halo and got rid of it when I needed money for while waiting for my disability and not being able to work for 2 years.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby therapist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 am

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:
Therapist wrote:

That is awesome, don't have much to talk to my family about, if it isn't college sports or the kardashians (and I can assure you none of those are on my list). You have an really cool family then and they are a true honor to the realm. geekygab, she must also like resident evil, I am taking a guess. Is it just the toys of transformers or the cartoon or movies? I used to play magic and heroclix, but since my disabiltiy no one to play those games with, does your other sister collect or play pokemon. I used to tell my nephew when he liked pokemon that each of them had 1st names or else how could you tell them apart. It was Ray Pickachu, Sammy Squirtle, Bobby Bulbasor and there were more names but can't remember them now. Your wife sounds awesome, good things to love and dating due to comics is fate. and have to say being a nerd is an honor to me and your girls will do well by your family it seems. Also congrats on adopting that is a great thing to do and worthy of much praise. does anybody other than yamivash 0 make customs? As you can tell that is one of my stress reducers and talking to other awesome members, since I can't get out much.

I can understand your concept on legend of zelda, but to me it is a bit like resident evil (has a bit of questing for items and unlocking/moving through the game), I guess you could put metroid down also in that category, another one of my favs. But zelda and metroid have a bit of leveling up by collecting heart containers and energy tanks. I have a well preserved nintendo, gameboy advance, PS2, Gamecube with the gameplayer for gameboy games and a Wii. want to get my hands on a PS3 for games and blurays. I also understand about shooters now adays, bought a xbox for halo and got rid of it when I needed money for while waiting for my disability and not being able to work for 2 years.

Gabi makes customs. Mostly GI joes. The wife has a custom on here I think. I think she posted Bobba Fate hes a cross between Bobba Fett and Dr fate. I used to make customs pretty normally but stopped when I realised I sucked bad and was just waisting supplies :lol: Gabs also likes resident evil as long as someones around or else she gets scared :lol: she loves the cartoons. At first we didnt like TF prime but its starting to grow on us. Me and Yami still play heroclix. My daughter plays magic the gathering my other sis is constantly playing the pokemon games I have played them with her plenty she has hundreds of the little toys. :lol:

One RPG I love to suggest to people for the old PS1 is legend of Legia. That game was great! But yeah the PS3 is well worth it for DVDs I am a complete movie junkie so the PS3 was a major bonus for me :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:39 am

[/quote]

Gabi makes customs. Mostly GI joes. The wife has a custom on here I think. I think she posted Bobba Fate hes a cross between Bobba Fett and Dr fate. I used to make customs pretty normally but stopped when I realised I sucked bad and was just waisting supplies :lol: Gabs also likes resident evil as long as someones around or else she gets scared :lol: she loves the cartoons. At first we didnt like TF prime but its starting to grow on us. Me and Yami still play heroclix. My daughter plays magic the gathering my other sis is constantly playing the pokemon games I have played them with her plenty she has hundreds of the little toys. :lol:

One RPG I love to suggest to people for the old PS1 is legend of Legia. That game was great! But yeah the PS3 is well worth it for DVDs I am a complete movie junkie so the PS3 was a major bonus for me :lol:[/quote]

I will have to check her customs out, love gi joe, always a ninja man myself. I remember the Bobba Fate, that one stuck out to me. Don't say that you only get better with time and practice and some supplies should be wasted for practice. :lol: I know about that for resident evil, in the first where you come back from the garden into the house, had me so shocked and what the heck is coming after me. Yeah the cartoons are much better, I totally love the dinobots rented those episodes every weekend to watch, when I was younger. Not watched the prime show though, really only kept up with the new marvel and dc cartoons and movies. thats awesome about heroclix most people don't play much any more, I always loved it, even made customs. magic was always fun to me, used to get into trouble for playing magic in school and was good at it along with heroclix. I did not know that pokemon uses toys for the games, you can see how out of the loop I am.

I have heard of that title, but never played it, will check it out though. patraw introduced me to some with his vast knowledge. I am a movie fan, maybe a junkie, but still kinda old school in that department also. right now I have 2 blurays and want to watch them since they have extra footage, sucker punch and clash of the titans. sucker punch is one of my new all time favs, I understand that movie and character whole heartedly and the soundtrack is great.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Postby therapist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am

:lol: I warn you Yamivash is now your worst enemy. He told his GF just a few days ago sucker punch was one of his most hated movies of all time. I thought is was absurdly dissapointing cuz I REALLY wanted to like it but it just had sooooo many flaws to me and I am a huuuuge alice in wonderland fan. But yeah there are tons of different ways to play pokemon these days :lol: I play yugioh :lol:

I find gameboy to have tons of amazing RPGs the Lunar series are freaking great! I have had a blast playing
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 am

Therapist wrote::lol: I warn you Yamivash is now your worst enemy. He told his GF just a few days ago sucker punch was one of his most hated movies of all time. I thought is was absurdly dissapointing cuz I REALLY wanted to like it but it just had sooooo many flaws to me and I am a huuuuge alice in wonderland fan. But yeah there are tons of different ways to play pokemon these days :lol: I play yugioh :lol:

I find gameboy to have tons of amazing RPGs the Lunar series are freaking great! I have had a blast playing

I will find a way to make it up or we will have another movie we dislike or like and it may balance the situation, what does he think of inception? I can understand why some would dislike it, but I understand baby doll and her situation and I just so happen to like emily browning. As for alice in wonderland love the book. wow, it blows my mind about the figurines. yugioh had some cool creatures, from what I remember.

I agree about the gameboy, that is how I picked up a lot of games I could not get for a system otherwise. Never played Lunar.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Games of all Kinds