Marvel Action Figures at Fred's and Family Dollar.

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Marvel Action Figures at Fred's and Family Dollar.

Postby CB2001 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I don't know how many Fred's stores there are in the United States (let alone how many Family Dollar stores, or if the stock for each store is different or the same). I know there's one of each in my hometown here. Earlier today, I went to Fred's and found that they had some of the Marvel action figures for both the Captain America and Thor movies, the 3 3/4 inch kind (not sure of the pricing, but normally Fred's has the G.I. Joe sized action figures for about $3.50, before sales tax). A week ago, I went to the Family Dollar and found 3 3/4 inch Marvel Universe action figures ($8 a piece, I think). Like I said, I don't how many stores there are for either of them, let alone if they have the same stock. But if you have either one or both stores in your area, I recommend checking them out if you're needing any of them.

UPDATE: I went to Fred's again earlier today and I finally spotted the price for the figures for both the Thor and Captain American movie figures. The pricing they list for them is $12 a figure. It's not as cheap as they sell some of the DC Universe action figures (animated style), Batman (animated style) and G.I. Joe action figures (in fact, you'd probably get them cheaper at Wal-Mart, possibly on clearance), but if you'd needing some real quick and Fred's is closer to you than your nearest Wal-Mart, this may be the best bet for those that can't make it to a near-by Wal-Mart (again, depending on if the stock and stores).
Last edited by CB2001 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Re: Marvel Action Figures at Fred's and Family Dollar.

Postby CB2001 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:22 am

Even newer update: Family Dollar has 6 Inch figures for The Avengers movie line for $10 already (at least I know the one in my hometown does). I don't know if any other store has them, and for cheaper, but like I said before, this notation is for those that don't live near a Wal-Mart or any other similar store.
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:28 am

These 6 inch figures you're talking about, they are the ones with the action feature and not like Marvel Legends, correct?
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CB2001 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 pm

leafman343 wrote:These 6 inch figures you're talking about, they are the ones with the action feature and not like Marvel Legends, correct?

All I know that these are based on the upcoming The Avengers movie. And I think I may have been wrong about the size and I don't know about their features. Here's a picture I took of them on the shelf (sorry about the blurriness, I was on the way out and in a hurry when I took it).

CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I think those might be the 8 inch figures, there are 6 inch figures in similar packaging that have an action feature that is activated by squeazing their legs together. I was hoping that by some miracle the 6 inch protoypes they showed at NYCC had made it to production, those had Marvel Legends style articulation. :cry:
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 pm

leafman343 wrote:I think those might be the 8 inch figures, there are 6 inch figures in similar packaging that have an action feature that is activated by squeazing their legs together. I was hoping that by some miracle the 6 inch protoypes they showed at NYCC had made it to production, those had Marvel Legends style articulation. :cry:

You got any pics of those prototypes?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 am

That Hawkeye is awesome!! I hope they still release them. Thanks for the pics!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Golden Wolf » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 pm

I want a few of those hawkeye figures.
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby shapp » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:48 pm

This is the hawkeye I want lol

http://www.inuart.com/vcs/Hawkeye.html
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby flawpunk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 pm

shapp wrote:This is the hawkeye I want lol

My Walmart has a few of the ult hawkeye figures
flawpunk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

flawpunk wrote:
shapp wrote:This is the hawkeye I want lol

My Walmart has a few of the ult hawkeye figures

ML scale?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby flawpunk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Psh I wish I thought we were discussing universe scale lol
flawpunk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CB2001 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Family Dollar has new addition to their Marvel figures. This time, they've got The Amazing Spider-Man movie action figures for $10. They're the same size as the Avengers movie figures I posted on a while back.

I also discovered that they have the basic Marvel Universe figures (the basic figures have a lot less articulation than the ones I posted about before, which have more articulation. Honestly, the articulation of the basic figures, at least in my point of view, sort of matches the articulation of the 1990 ToyBiz Marvel figures) for only $5 each.
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:01 pm

CB2001 wrote:Family Dollar has new addition to their Marvel figures. This time, they've got The Amazing Spider-Man movie action figures for $10. They're the same size as the Avengers movie figures I posted on a while back.

I also discovered that they have the basic Marvel Universe figures (the basic figures have a lot less articulation than the ones I posted about before, which have more articulation. Honestly, the articulation of the basic figures, at least in my point of view, sort of matches the articulation of the 1990 ToyBiz Marvel figures) for only $5 each.

The little MU's are knock offs aren't they?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Next

Return to Current Figures & Sightings