Figure Ream secret Santa project

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Figure Ream secret Santa project

Postby Galactape » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 am

I personally think this year Figure Realm should hold it's very own Secret Santa project. Anyone interested? I am sure we can get a Mod to help us out! I have only done one secret Santa, and that was on Fwoosh, unfortunately the person that was supposed to have made mine was a fake, so the guy running it had to instead. None the less I had a great time making my project and I think it would be a fun summer project, so WHO IS READY FOR SANTA!!! anyone wanna sign up?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Re: Figure Ream secret Santa project

Postby Shinigami » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am

I dunno, I'll probably be in the fwoosh SS again this year. But who knows, if people will be interested maybe I'd reconsider. But then again, why not join forces with the fwoosh and make one mega Secret Santa for both communities?
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:56 am

Shinigami wrote:I dunno, I'll probably be in the fwoosh SS again this year. But who knows, if people will be interested maybe I'd reconsider. But then again, why not join forces with the fwoosh and make one mega Secret Santa for both communities?

I think it might be better to do one or two with just Figure Realm and then maybe expand to more, I would love to have a Secret Santa project on here as well. Especially since my computer doesn't load Fwoosh very well, besides Fwoosh doesn't have the same homely feel that Figure Realm does. I contacted Cap, so we will wait for his decision before anything is started. I do hope that you will join us though if we do one!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Pixie_Dust31 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Sounds fun!! Do only people who make customs elegable for gifts or could they trade action figures for the customs??
Pixie_Dust31
Newbie Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Secret Santa is a custom for custom event, so no.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Shinigami wrote:Secret Santa is a custom for custom event, so no.

actually isnt that the way it is on the fwoosh? last time I checked we aren't on the fwoosh so rules could very easily be different here. If something like this was done then anyone who applys could very easily be allowed a list of 5 custom figures and 5 normal figures for there SS to choose from. Places like hisstank do this every year and they just exchange normal figures not customs sooooo yeah
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Therapist wrote:
Shinigami wrote:Secret Santa is a custom for custom event, so no.

actually isnt that the way it is on the fwoosh? last time I checked we aren't on the fwoosh so rules could very easily be different here. If something like this was done then anyone who applys could very easily be allowed a list of 5 custom figures and 5 normal figures for there SS to choose from. Places like hisstank do this every year and they just exchange normal figures not customs sooooo yeah

Actually, I think that sounds like a really great idea!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Shinigami » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Don't want to sound like a douche, but I'll pass in that case.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Shinigami wrote:Don't want to sound like a douche, but I'll pass in that case.

I suppose it might be dissapointing if you worked really hard on a custom and then revieve a factory made fig.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm

But also it alienates those who may be here for the figure collecting and not so much the customizing such as myself. I happen to know a few members on here who do NOT customize so really if we did do something like this I really dont care if shinigami drops out because leaving it exclusive to customs only keeps more people out.

I also think it wouldnt be disappointing because the factory made figure would be one from a list you asked for.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Therapist wrote:But also it alienates those who may be here for the figure collecting and not so much the customizing such as myself. I happen to know a few members on here who do NOT customize so really if we did do something like this I really dont care if shinigami drops out because leaving it exclusive to customs only keeps more people out.

I also think it wouldnt be disappointing because the factory made figure would be one from a list you asked for.

Whatever way everyone wants it, would you be interested in being in charge?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Galactape wrote:
Therapist wrote:But also it alienates those who may be here for the figure collecting and not so much the customizing such as myself. I happen to know a few members on here who do NOT customize so really if we did do something like this I really dont care if shinigami drops out because leaving it exclusive to customs only keeps more people out.

Whatever way everyone wants it, would you be interested in being in charge?

Id consider it. Just would have to discuss it a bit
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby terryzom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

While I would hate to see (and hopefully wouldn't see) big names offering top notch customs up for this and getting burned, as Galactape mentions, this is, after all, the resource for ALL collectors. Nothing against Fwoosh or any of the other great sites, but when I was choosing where to register, Figure Realm won out for a number of very specific reasons.

I really like the idea, and perhaps it could be staged as a "contest" of sorts on the main site to ensure basic rules and controls are in place. Stats like voting scores, time spent, base figure choice, etc. could be used to determine potential gifting partners so nobody would be likely to get burned.
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 pm

terryzom wrote:While I would hate to see (and hopefully wouldn't see) big names offering top notch customs up for this and getting burned, as Galactape mentions, this is, after all, the resource for ALL collectors. Nothing against Fwoosh or any of the other great sites, but when I was choosing where to register, Figure Realm won out for a number of very specific reasons.

I really like the idea, and perhaps it could be staged as a "contest" of sorts on the main site to ensure basic rules and controls are in place. Stats like voting scores, time spent, base figure choice, etc. could be used to determine potential gifting partners so nobody would be likely to get burned.

agreed. It is a gesture of good will and anyone who enters should strictly be entering because they want to give a gift to someone else not because they are more interested in what they will get in return.

I also had the thought that maybe only reputable members should be allowed in :?
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby terryzom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 pm

I hadn't even noticed the "Grab Bag" contest entry on the main site that prompted Galact to start this thread--if that sort of thing is possible, this should be a cakewalk provided the Mods agree to it!
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Next

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments