Smoke off of figures

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Smoke off of figures

Postby sonofred79 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Does anyone know how to get the scent of cigarettes off a figure? Got my last black apocalypse piece and it reeked with the scent..
User avatar
sonofred79
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby Galactape » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

sonofred79 wrote:Does anyone know how to get the scent of cigarettes off a figure? Got my last black apocalypse piece and it reeked with the scent..

Did you try dunking it in soapy water?
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby sonofred79 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 pm

No, I gave it a good wiping with rubbing alcohol though and that didn't work.
User avatar
sonofred79
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby Galactape » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 pm

sonofred79 wrote:No, I gave it a good wiping with rubbing alcohol though and that didn't work.

Another thing that could work would be to take a santitizing wipe wrap it in for like an hour and then take it out.
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby barefootabe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 pm

yea warm water and dish detergent or tide is the 1st thing that comes to mind. you could also try febreeze but im not sure how well that would work on plastic

or try soaking it in vinager..i know it sounds crazy but its good at taking out smells. and the vinager smell will come off easy
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
User avatar
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby CAb00se » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 pm

wal mart and sams have a product called odo'ban, try soaking in a dilluted mix. also you can place a carbon air freshner is the room or area where you display yor figs. it will take teh smell away over time. you can get them where your store has moth balls and cedar for closets.
CAb00se
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby bobtheodd » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 pm

That is one of the hardest smells to get rid of. Place it in a container with cat litter, with a high charcoal content, it $ucks(stupid word filter) out odors...like a cat box.
User avatar
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Somewhere with your Mom.....naked.

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby terryzom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Ugh, that is terrible. I feel for the kid or collector who had it before. Another trick: put it in a ziplock bag with like twenty scented dryer sheets... if that doesn't absorb it, strip it and repaint :D You'll do a better job than the stock work!
User avatar
terryzom
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby CAb00se » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:47 pm

bobtheodd wrote:That is one of the hardest smells to get rid of. Place it in a container with cat litter, with a high charcoal content, it $ucks(stupid word filter) out odors...like a cat box.

if you do this just get some active carbon for fish tanks, it will do the same and yu wont have to buy a 20lb box.
CAb00se
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby ole jade jaw » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Does anyone know how to get the scent of cigarettes off a figure?
Just keep raising the price. He'll eventually get off them. ;)
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby G1-Toys » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 pm

tips from one of the masters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_gfZa8bays

=D>
User avatar
G1-Toys
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:47 am

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby therapist » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm

terryzom wrote:Ugh, that is terrible. I feel for the kid or collector who had it before. Another trick: put it in a ziplock bag with like twenty scented dryer sheets... if that doesn't absorb it, strip it and repaint :D You'll do a better job than the stock work!

do this. I got some wolverines in a trade that smelled like cigarettes so bad it was actually making me sick. What I did was put one in one ziplock bag with a dryer sheet and left them in there switching the sheet every few days until the smell was gone
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby terryzom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Does anyone know how to get the scent of cigarettes off a figure?
Just keep raising the price. He'll eventually get off them. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Therapist wrote:do this. I got some wolverines in a trade that smelled like cigarettes so bad it was actually making me sick. What I did was put one in one ziplock bag with a dryer sheet and left them in there switching the sheet every few days until the smell was gone
Wait wait, Logan is supposed to smell like beer and cigars, didn't this person know that?!?! :D

Dryer sheets work marvels to remove all kinds of smells. I learned the trick from handling Game Used football jerseys--though I'd almost rather smell the armpits on those than smoker stench! :-&
User avatar
terryzom
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby Galactape » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm

terryzom wrote:
ole jade jaw wrote:Does anyone know how to get the scent of cigarettes off a figure?
Just keep raising the price. He'll eventually get off them. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Therapist wrote:do this. I got some wolverines in a trade that smelled like cigarettes so bad it was actually making me sick. What I did was put one in one ziplock bag with a dryer sheet and left them in there switching the sheet every few days until the smell was gone
Wait wait, Logan is supposed to smell like beer and cigars, didn't this person know that?!?! :D

Dryer sheets work marvels to remove all kinds of smells. I learned the trick from handling Game Used football jerseys--though I'd almost rather smell the armpits on those than smoker stench! :-&

I can't stand the smoke smell either!
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: Smoke off of figures

Postby stgauss » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Me three, I hate smoky figures :(

Got a few Art Asylum borgs in the mail today, they smell like the rode here on Joe Camel.

I imagine like most figures, the paint is immune to soapy water as long as you don't soak them for 3 weeks, right? First solution I'm thinking of is a bath with a toothbrush...
stgauss
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Next

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron