Marvel Action Figures at Fred's and Family Dollar.

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Marvel Action Figures at Fred's and Family Dollar.

Postby CB2001 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Galactape wrote:The little MU's are knock offs aren't they?

Not from what I could tell. They're the same size as the regular MU figures, only with less articulation and they have the same company name on them, and the same package design. I guess the company decided to make the less articulated ones as a means of making them more affordable in comparison to the ones that have a lot of articulation. Even on the sticker on the shelf at the Family Dollar, the basic figures are described as "Marvel Universe Basic Figure" while the ones with the more articulation is listed as "Marvel Universe Advanced Figure." I guess its the difference between making something for playing with (which the basic figures can be used for) and making something for collecting (which I assume the ones with more articulation would be).
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby Brando81 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Yeah I went by Family Dollar after seeing this info, and they are less articulated and the package is a lot more basic. It's nice if a kid is going to play with them....I remember what I did to my action figures when I was young....so it wouldn't be bad to save a few bucks on that, but they aren't the same as the normal MU.

Brando81
jmdretail_com
Facebook jmdretailtoys
Brando81
Newbie Realmer

Postby Galactape » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 am

A persone selling them on ebay says they are just repackaged from the riding sets.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby CB2001 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:59 pm

New Update: I went to Freds in town again and they had some of the The Avengers movie figures in the 3.75 inch size to go with the Thor and Captain America movie figures now. The ones they had up there consisted of Iron Man (I can't remember what version), Thor, Captain America and the Hulk. Of course, these are for the same price of $12.99. But, as I've stated in the past, if you are unable to get to a Wal-Mart, K-Mart of Toys'R'Us and happen to have a Fred's that's closer to you, you can pick them up there (but you'd most likely get them cheaper at Wal-Mart, so Fred's maybe one of those "if you can't help it" possibilities).
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby CB2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

New Update: I was in Fred's earlier today and now, including a handful of G.I. Joe: Retaliation and recent Star Wars reprints in honor of the movies that are coming out, also has recent 3.75 inch sized The Amazing Spider-Man figures available. I'm assuming, like with the other Marvel movie figures I've reported on, they're more than likely $12.99 each.
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Previous

Return to Current Figures & Sightings