Figure Ream secret Santa project

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Figure Ream secret Santa project

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 am

I asked Cap about it, and he said if we can get a Mod to help we can go ahead.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Shinigami » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 am

Therapist wrote:I also had the thought that maybe only reputable members should be allowed in :?

Isn't this the same type of alienation you spoke of when I said customs only? ;)
Galactape wrote:I suppose it might be dissapointing if you worked really hard on a custom and then revieve a factory made fig.

It's not so much as dissapointment, I just don't think there's any one figure I'd like to receive for a custom I've made. Since NECA rereleased their Raziel I don't have anything I could call a Holy Grail.
Sure, you can say that making a custom and giving it is more important than receiving one, but I know that receiving any custom figure, even if it's not of a LC or Raybot quality, is a hello of an experience. The Phoenix I got for my Batman last year has her flaws, but I'm more than happy to have that figure in my collection, knowing that someone took my list and made an action figure especially for me. And that's awesome.
The joy of seeing new customs each day and the thought that a bunch of people like their hobby so much that they're ready to make a figure just for the hell of it - that's what Secret Santa is for me.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Shinigami wrote:
Therapist wrote:I also had the thought that maybe only reputable members should be allowed in :?

Isn't this the same type of alienation you spoke of when I said customs only? ;)
Galactape wrote:I suppose it might be dissapointing if you worked really hard on a custom and then revieve a factory made fig.

It's not so much as dissapointment, I just don't think there's any one figure I'd like to receive for a custom I've made. Since NECA rereleased their Raziel I don't have anything I could call a Holy Grail.
Sure, you can say that making a custom and giving it is more important than receiving one, but I know that receiving any custom figure, even if it's not of a LC or Raybot quality, is a hello of an experience. The Phoenix I got for my Batman last year has her flaws, but I'm more than happy to have that figure in my collection, knowing that someone took my list and made an action figure especially for me. And that's awesome.
The joy of seeing new customs each day and the thought that a bunch of people like their hobby so much that they're ready to make a figure just for the hell of it - that's what Secret Santa is for me.

You clearly have need to check out other places besides the fwoosh for secret santa. They clearly have promoted greed amongst their community (not surprising seeing as this is the fwoosh we are talking about). Every other secret Santa project isn't about searching for you "holy grail" its about asking for stuff that you would like to have. Most secret santa list outside of the fwoosh are filled with figures that cost no more then 5-10 dollars. Your right the alienation is similar except I am alienating people who seem like a threat to the wholesomeness. You want to alienate people based on not having certain talents or skills (fitting we speak of alienation on Hitlers birthday) and your sense of being to good to receive or ask for something like a Marvel Universe Gladiator.

really the only compromise I ca see is that if/when someone registers they can register as being to give/receive Custom, Factory Made, Or both. Someone who registers as Giving customs may ask for Customs, Factory Made, or Either. Someone who registers as only giving factory made may only ask for factory made or either. Someone who is willing to give Either is only allowed to ask for Factory made or either. That way we don't have anyone sending factory made but demanding customs. Only people who ask for customs only are people who are ONLY going to send customs to others
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Galactape wrote:I asked Cap about it, and he said if we can get a Mod to help we can go ahead.

I'm a mod!
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Therapist wrote:(fitting we speak of alienation on Hitlers birthday) and your sense of being to good to receive or ask for something like a Marvel Universe Gladiator.

Yeah, I guess we've finished this conversation.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Shinigami wrote:
Therapist wrote:(fitting we speak of alienation on Hitlers birthday) and your sense of being to good to receive or ask for something like a Marvel Universe Gladiator.

Yeah, I guess we've finished this conversation.

and I for one could not be happier :)
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Another site i'm on does a SS every year and for the most part it goes okay but there are always people who never send their half.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
Galactape wrote:I asked Cap about it, and he said if we can get a Mod to help we can go ahead.

I'm a mod!

You volunteering then Yami?
I wouldn't be interested in entering i don't think but i'd help out if no-one else wanted too.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:48 pm

darththomas81 wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:

I'm a mod!

You volunteering then Yami?
I wouldn't be interested in entering i don't think but i'd help out if no-one else wanted too.

Yeah Id be glad to go ahead and do the job galactape you cant participate and be the help mod can you?
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

It would depend, I guess I could run the whole thing, and you could help out if thweir are any problems that way you could participate in the event. I will set up sign ups now, that way everyone has a while too work on theit customs.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Galactape wrote:It would depend, I guess I could run the whole thing, and you could help out if thweir are any problems that way you could participate in the event. I will set up sign ups now, that way everyone has a while too work on theit customs.

I can run it no problem I actually dont have the time to make anything for it so honestly I wouldn't mind it at all
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
Galactape wrote:It would depend, I guess I could run the whole thing, and you could help out if thweir are any problems that way you could participate in the event. I will set up sign ups now, that way everyone has a while too work on theit customs.

I can run it no problem I actually dont have the time to make anything for it so honestly I wouldn't mind it at all

Sounds good man, we can run it together making alot easier for both of us. I set up the sign up thread, so hopefully we will get this thing going!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby loosecollector » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Just a query guys... What's the last word on allowing factory made figures tradeable with customs? Is it a 1:1 deal?
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 pm

loosecollector wrote:Just a query guys... What's the last word on allowing factory made figures tradeable with customs? Is it a 1:1 deal?

This whole prject has a big pending stamp on it due to issues many members are having but the way I see it is there should be two different section one for customs one for factory figs!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Previous

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments