Scalpers, who wants them!

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Scalpers, who wants them!

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 pm

bobtheodd wrote:
Galactape wrote:

It really wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro started a 1 per customer rule on Legends.

Why? They don't care who has them, they're to busy counting their money.[/quote]
I wouldn't be so sure, the employess I have asked have been extremely irritated by people doing that.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Galactape wrote:
bobtheodd wrote:
Galactape wrote:

It really wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro started a 1 per customer rule on Legends.

Why? They don't care who has them, they're to busy counting their money.

I wouldn't be so sure, the employess I have asked have been extremely irritated by people doing that.[/quote]
maybe target & toys r us employees dislike it but hasbro employees really do not care. All they care about is their bottom line which is sales. They dont care by who
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:33 pm

I suppose your'e right man.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Wolverhulk ISS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 am

yeah I here ya there therapist. there just has to b a happy medium between completely bare shelves and overflowing clearance bins ya know? but I can see how difficult that is to calculate when ur in the pre-production phase. does Hasbro extend waves or make more of a certain fig if they are really popular? or is it 1 and done?
Wolverhulk ISS
Casual Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm willing to bet Hasbro would sooner cancel the line than try to hurt their precious scalpers.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby MangaJoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 pm

I was super excited about the new run, but I've only ever seen 2 of the new ML's... Bucky Cap and the Agent X guy... the one in the white coat. I wanted a Steve Rogers so bad, but man is it hard to find any of these ML's. My local Walmart has them for $13, totally reasonable, but the other places that sell mark them up to nearly $20! 20 bucks for an ML?! C'mon! I won't even pay that for a Neca figure.
I am the ultimate super hero, I am GamPoolVerine!!

Trading post:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

MangaJoe wrote:I was super excited about the new run, but I've only ever seen 2 of the new ML's... Bucky Cap and the Agent X guy... the one in the white coat. I wanted a Steve Rogers so bad, but man is it hard to find any of these ML's. My local Walmart has them for $13, totally reasonable, but the other places that sell mark them up to nearly $20! 20 bucks for an ML?! C'mon! I won't even pay that for a Neca figure.

I wish I had seen a Fantomex.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby MangaJoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

He's still hanging at my video store if you'd want to arrange a trade or something for him. I think his price tag had dropped since... well Arkansas really isn't a target demographic for collectors. I wouldn't mind arranging it and purchasing it for you.
I am the ultimate super hero, I am GamPoolVerine!!

Trading post:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=
MangaJoe
Avid Realmer

Postby Aesthetikz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I dunno why, But the outskirts of Seattle (And probably all of Seattle) is major scalper territory. :( ](*,)
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Aesthetikz wrote:I dunno why, But the outskirts of Seattle (And probably all of Seattle) is major scalper territory. :( ](*,)

its a major city. Almost all major citys are hell for collectors ...I live in Los Angeles :( ... don't really have too many issues with scalpers though. My local has everything :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Aesthetikz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Really? I thought it would be the worst down there. I need to move back down to LA area. I cant stand the weather up here. ](*,)
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Therapist wrote:
Aesthetikz wrote:I dunno why, But the outskirts of Seattle (And probably all of Seattle) is major scalper territory. :( ](*,)

its a major city. Almost all major citys are hell for collectors ...I live in Los Angeles :( ... don't really have too many issues with scalpers though. My local has everything :lol:

Lucky. My local Walmart has absolutely nothing. My Target has like 6 bucky's 1 Extremis Ironman nonvariant, and a Drax.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Aesthetikz wrote:Really? I thought it would be the worst down there. I need to move back down to LA area. I cant stand the weather up here. ](*,)

There are a TON of scalpers but at the same time there is a TON of TRU, Walmart, & Targets. Not to mention Frank & Sons which has a better selection then Comic Con :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Therapist wrote:
Aesthetikz wrote:Really? I thought it would be the worst down there. I need to move back down to LA area. I cant stand the weather up here. ](*,)

There are a TON of scalpers but at the same time there is a TON of TRU, Walmart, & Targets. Not to mention Frank & Sons which has a better selection then Comic Con :lol:

I'm moving to LA.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby dbocustoms » Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

dudes i just went to THREE trus before they even opened,all had scalpers grab the 2 cases in each store and buy the whole things...then at the last tru stop tru actaully let people in BEFORE they opened and they grabbed them all!!!!!!i asked as couple employees about it(very respectfully) and only one said"yeah it is nice that they let them do that,collectors comme all the time aND CANT GET ANYTHING AT ALL,WHAT THE @!$$#$%^&^$#!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL I WANT IS A FREAKIN MADAME HYDRA and a big time spidey,which is acually alot more common now than we are led to believe,sadness in my heart
TRADE LIST viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37739
i LoVe LAmP
dbocustoms
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter