realm rookie

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

realm rookie

Postby triggerrick » Thu May 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Hello and let me start off by saying that this is an awesome site. I am a newcomer here and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rick and hence the name triggerrick and I am in the United States army and I'm currently stationed on fort Carson Colorado and I first saw this site about two months ago and I was in need of a new hobby for when I'm deployed. I am now on my way to Afghanistan for the second time (iraq twice aswell) and since the wars are starting to slow down I need a deployment hobby and now I have one. I have made a few customs in the past two months including one of myself I will post them asap once I start getting more comfortable with the site and learn how to do stuff like post figures, trade lists, and pm which I have no idea what I'm doing but ill learn. So any help or advice would be very appreciated. Looking forward to hearing yer thoughts thanks.
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Re: realm rookie

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 03, 2012 3:21 pm

welcome aboard sir glad to have ya pm's are private messages kinda like site based emails!cant wait to see your work and I appreciate your service for the country. Would I be totally off base thinking youre a gi joe fan?
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby triggerrick » Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I am a huge g.I. Joe fan I got two tattoos of it the arashikage clan bars and snake eyes on my arm. But anyways how so you send a pm and submit a trade list
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu May 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Okay I will be the one who asks. Do they kick your as$ on the army base for playing with "dolls". From what I hear most of them are really cool and chill and tons of different people have all kinds of hobbies on the base. But I figured Id ask anyway

Regardless welcome to figurerealm. Hope you stay...least until I get bored of you
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 03, 2012 3:54 pm

triggerrick wrote:I am a huge g.I. Joe fan I got two tattoos of it the arashikage clan bars and snake eyes on my arm. But anyways how so you send a pm and submit a trade list

I think you need to raise your post count prior to sending a pm I'm not 100% certain what that post count is at the moment
to sent a pm you can
-click someones name it will open their profile and you can click send private message
-you can fine one of tehir post and click pm underneath their name
-you can go to your private message box and them send new and enter the person you wish to receive the message name in the recipients box

To start a trade list you submit it as a thread just like you'd id here but instead in the trade area you list what ya have and what ya want you need I think 15 post to add pictures to your trade list though .

-Your friendly neighborhood Regulator Yamivash 0
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Therapist wrote:Okay I will be the one who asks. Do they kick your as$ on the army base for playing with "dolls". From what I hear most of them are really cool and chill and tons of different people have all kinds of hobbies on the base. But I figured Id ask anyway

Regardless welcome to figurerealm. Hope you stay...least until I get bored of you

Oh ...and meet my brother the realms resident badass lol also dont be surprised when he is totally inappropriate -_- ....weve all learned to love it lol :lol:
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby triggerrick » Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm

@therapist, not at all there are worse hobbies soldiers have some that can't be mentioned lol but there aregrown men who play wow and all those card games I can't remember so far I'm the only one I know with this hobby but so far everybody seems to think its awesome and to all who lent help for the site for me thanks
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:Oh ...and meet my brother the realms resident @sshole lol

Brother not, I don't think he's gonna like you saying such things. Shame on you. :razz:
:lol:
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 03, 2012 4:52 pm

bobtheodd wrote:

Brother not, I don't think he's gonna like you saying such things. Shame on you. :razz:

Im glad you were able to read between the lines there and find my true meaning :lol:
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby bobtheodd » Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
bobtheodd wrote:

Im glad you were able to read between the lines there and find my true meaning :lol:

Well, I have been here a while. ;)
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Thu May 03, 2012 6:15 pm

bob...yami... Im going to kill you both :)

Rick. Thats cool. I knew a guy who is in the army and played the yugioh card game. Spent almost a grand on cards whenever he had a leave
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby bobtheodd » Thu May 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Therapist wrote:bob...yami... Im going to kill you both :)

:shock:
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 am

Some of my first ever customs actually went to a guy on a British army base overseas, so you've at least got an British army guy with the same interests as you :lol: . Welcome aboard man, look forward to seeing your stuff!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby CAb00se » Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 pm

welcome! there are not too many of us on here in the service, atleast none that mention it. This is a cool site and the people are cool too. How long have you been in the army? Im 13 years air force.
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 am

Welcome to the site man! And thankyou for serving our country! God bless!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Next

Return to Off Topic