Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Patraw wrote:Howzabout a 1:1 scale toy accessory contest? Take any toy weapon or gear and scale it up so that's it's your size. You could make something relatively small like a grenade or throwing star or something huge like a spear or assault rifle. After the contest is over, you can use it for Halloween or cosplaying or something...

Here's another one: Seven Deadly Sins. Make a figure that represents either Pride, Lust, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, or Sloth. For example, Disney's Uncle Scrooge for Greed. You could also create your own original interpretation of one of the sins.

Totally digg'n the seven deadly sins contest! 1:1 sounds cool too.. Make sute Sephiroth knows when you vote on that one!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 pm

I like the sin idea, not so much with accessories.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby jmtrtt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 am

A future contest, not like a different era, but like a senior version of superman or something. It could go in reverse as well, like baby/child versions of current characters.
jmtrtt
Newbie Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 am

jmtrtt: I believe I offered a "Future Imperfect" challenge in one of the recent polls, which was similar to what you're suggesting. I think it got a vote or two, but it didn't come out on top. We had a "Brat Pack" contest a while back that focused on child/teen characters as well. Still, a contest focusing on making older/younger versions of existing characters could be a fun challenge, and offering both age extremes would provide a lot of creative flexibility.

Here's another couple of ideas I came up with:

Figure Realm Mascot Custom Contest:
Create an original character that you feel represents the Figure Realm web site/community/spirit. In addition to it being an original character, the only other requirement is that you have to put the words "Figure Realm" on it somewhere, somehow (maybe a tattoo, written across a T-shirt, sculpted in relief on a shield accessory, etc., it's up to you.) Show Captain Coder and everybody else how you feel about our community with your Figure Realm mascot!

Cancelled Figures Custom Contest:
Any toy that was planned, but cancelled, before they were ever put into mass production and released. Things like Legendary Comic Book Heroes Series 3, the henchmen pack-ins for Marvel Legends Series 13 (except for the Brood and Skrull, those were released as Marvel Select figures), Spawn Series 35: Robot Wars, etc. There has to be documented proof (prototype photos, concept sketches, etc.), the unreleased figures can't be unsubstantiated rumors. Maybe I, or someone else, suggested this one before, I kind of got deja vu while I was writing it. :roll:
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:41 pm

If we were to revisit older contests, I would love to see Barbarian ages again.

The one contest I was surprised to have never seen was something dealing with dinosaurs meshed with modern times. I mean you could pull out franchises like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Jurassic Park, or Dinosaucers. Or on the opposite end of the spectrum plant modern characters into a Savage Land-esque setting (the Ninja Turtles and Renet were trapped for 3 months in the time of the dinosaurs in the old Mirage comic series...Michelangelo chiseled Fred hearts Wilma onto a stone just to mess with archaeologists...for an example).
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm

An action feature contest?Like with the web shooting spiderman toys

Superheros in Manga style?

Electronic toys with working noise,moving parts,lights?

Battle Damaged outfit?
If you were me then I'd be you.And if i were you then id want to hide somwhere far way.
My Trading List viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41011
Artemis
Casual Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 am

We should totally have a contest on mercenary's. Deadpool, taskmaster, Mathias anyone?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am

thejado101: A mercenary contest is a good idea that hasn't been done before.

Artemis: Action features is one I've thought about in the past too--while I know a lot of people don't like them, I still think it'd be fun. Electronic features would probably be better folded into that, rather than as a separate contest.

The Japanimation contest, where you were allowed to redesign characters in manga/anime style, was pretty recent, so I don't think I'd want to repeat that type of thing yet.

Battle Damage II is another one I'm also considering for the next old contest poll as somebody else expressed interest in it as well.

Jarred_706: Well, the next contest poll is going to be another old one revisited, so I might include Barbarians II as one of the choices.

The current Scales & Tails contest includes dinosaurs as subject matter, so you'd be able to make some of the characters you're thinking about for that one. I do have the rules for a "Prehysteria" contest written up, that I never used, that is something like what you're describing.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Prehysteria, I'm assuming from the sounds of it, would probably fit the bill along the lines of what I was thinking.
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby Pickledish » Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 pm

I just had this as a random idea, What if you did a "skins" contest where people pretty much used any character they wanted, and either change their colors on their costume or redesigned it? like taking taking captain america but redesigning him in a way that looks drastically different from his original costume (like making it not just consist of blue with white and red stripes on the torso, but instead redesigning him in a way that comes from pure imagination.) The new designs would have to be far enough from the original that it wouldn't just look like a quick color code switch, but close enough to the theme of the character so that it's recognizable to the character's origin.
Pickledish
Newbie Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Sat May 05, 2012 3:09 pm

^ Yes. I'm all for redesigning characters.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun May 06, 2012 3:15 pm

I like all the recent ideas and not to step on any toes but I could have sworn just about all those were previously posted. I only say that because when I started posting here I was told that on most my posts and so went back and attempted to memorize the previous contests as well as the entire thread from post 1 . I of course, failed horribly but did manage to not repeat the ideas as often. Lots of the new posts do put a nice spin on the concepts though. Hope I didn't offend anyone there. Keep those ideas flowing guys!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pickledish » Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:I like all the recent ideas and not to step on any toes but I could have sworn just about all those were previously posted. I only say that because when I started posting here I was told that on most my posts and so went back and attempted to memorize the previous contests as well as the entire thread from post 1 . I of course, failed horribly but did manage to not repeat the ideas as often. Lots of the new posts do put a nice spin on the concepts though. Hope I didn't offend anyone there. Keep those ideas flowing guys!

haha yeah, you'll have to excuse me. I joined FigureRealm only about 1/2 a year ago. But has an idea for a zombie contest ever been suggested? kind of like the marvel zombies comics? like where the objective would be to take any character and reduce them to a flesh eating zombie? weather it'd be infection zombies, supernatural zombies, or undead zombies? i just thought it'd be fun to do something like that.:)
Pickledish
Newbie Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu May 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Pickledish wrote:
RedRebelCustoms wrote:I like all the recent ideas and not to step on any toes but I could have sworn just about all those were previously posted. I only say that because when I started posting here I was told that on most my posts and so went back and attempted to memorize the previous contests as well as the entire thread from post 1 . I of course, failed horribly but did manage to not repeat the ideas as often. Lots of the new posts do put a nice spin on the concepts though. Hope I didn't offend anyone there. Keep those ideas flowing guys!

haha yeah, you'll have to excuse me. I joined FigureRealm only about 1/2 a year ago. But has an idea for a zombie contest ever been suggested? kind of like the marvel zombies comics? like where the objective would be to take any character and reduce them to a flesh eating zombie? weather it'd be infection zombies, supernatural zombies, or undead zombies? i just thought it'd be fun to do something like that.:)

Not sure who suggested the zombies most recently but, yeah, been done. I'd like to see another one though. Turned out some interesting work!
Here's a link to the old one.
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfi ... op=5&id=14
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu May 17, 2012 1:56 am

Museum of...
Create your own theme! Antiquities, Fossils, Traditional themes are acceptable but you could also do a clown museum, a booger museum, a museum of spoons. The hard part is incorporating whatever theme you pick into a figure. If you choose a spoon museum for instance you could cover you figure in tiny spoons, or give it GL style spoon hands. Maybe it is a giant spoon man. It could be doing tricks with them. Put a nice touch on Superman by making Clark Kent the museum curator. A hi my name is Clark name tag.

Ripley's believe it or Not
Remake one of the themes from the classic comic series or pick one from the tv show.

Medical Curiosities
Conjoined twins, the Elephant Man, or maybe just a tumor with an eye in a jar.

Guiness Book
Create figures that look the part or are doing something guiness worthy.

Guerilla Warfare
Your favorite character has been drafted into the JOE'S. It's you're job to make him look the part. Camos and high velocity projectiles are encouraged. If you'd rather go with a village militia look though you can do that as well.

Age of discovery
Characters who discovered or searched for something significant. It could be Ponce De Leon, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Marco Polo or someone more infamous!

New Gods
Make you're own themed character as a god of something. Maybe they're the mythical god of the telephone or the god of cheese! The idea is to incorporate the theme into your figure. The figure itself would also need to pass as a god of some pantheon or religion.

Around the world in 80 ways
There's a race around the globe! What vehicle will your favorite figure be using to win the race. A cart, a bicycle, a jetpack, a bobsled? Will it have rockets or skis? If it's say a plane, you can make just the cockpit or a ship, have your figure standing at the helm. It's more a display sized theme and not a focus on the vehicle itself.

Skin Types and Textures
Make characters who have a unique skin texture.

Light vs. Dark
Characters who control or are made of light or darkness. The Darkness, Dazzler...

Angels and demons
Just like it sounds make an angel or demon.

the many faces of Batman
All around the world his name strikes fear.

FigureRealm Swimsuit Edition
Fun in the sun. Doesn't matter if your furry, scaley, or made of goo. Put on a suit and hit the beach in true figurerealm form.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments