Trying to find out about some figures

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Trying to find out about some figures

Postby Boris1971 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:42 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help me I'm tring to remember the name of a set of 4 inch figures from when I was a Kid. They came in sets and had rubber cover legs and plastic bodies, I remember that there was a set with a blue parachuteist and a giant venus fly trap that could grab him, and another set that had a yellow guy and underwater gear.

Sorry the the vaugness of the descriptions but they were out in the 70's at the same time as the Micronauts, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren
Boris1971
Inductee Realmer

Postby Modern_Messiah » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:13 am

they sound like jurassic park figs or something.... maybe gi joe
(....\............../....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../
....\..../´¯.I.¯`\./
..../... I....I..(¯¯¯`\
...I.....I....I...¯¯.\...\
...I.....I´¯.I´¯.I..\...)
...\.....` ¯..¯ ´.......'
....\_________.•´
Modern_Messiah
Avid Realmer

Re: Trying to find out about some figures

Postby deadeyesamurai » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:52 am

Boris1971 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could help me I'm tring to remember the name of a set of 4 inch figures from when I was a Kid. They came in sets and had rubber cover legs and plastic bodies, I remember that there was a set with a blue parachuteist and a giant venus fly trap that could grab him, and another set that had a yellow guy and underwater gear.

Sorry the the vaugness of the descriptions but they were out in the 70's at the same time as the Micronauts, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren

I remember those!!!

They had click joint frames inside their rubber covered legs like the rubber skinned wwe figs?

darn cant remember their name sorry
deadeyesamurai
Realm of Famer

Postby Boris1971 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Yep those are the ones samurai
Boris1971
Inductee Realmer

Figure identification

Postby carlos1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:22 pm

:D Could they be from the Big Jim series that had also the rubber covered arms.
carlos1
Regular Realmer

Postby Boris1971 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:04 pm

I know the Big jim figures they were cool, these were about the same size as star wars and micronauts and fisher price adventure people may be a little bigger
Boris1971
Inductee Realmer

Postby deadeyesamurai » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Boris1971 wrote:I know the Big jim figures they were cool, these were about the same size as star wars and micronauts and fisher price adventure people may be a little bigger

Yeah thats right boris

They had a name similar to Action Force - Rescue something perhaps - they were an all out international emergency and rescue team

I remember the brother and I had some sorta parachute dude and a green military type

They had removeable helmets/ hats and the arms and legs were rubber covered click frames with hard plastic bodies

Pretty sweet figs tho their faces were abit "Timmy" 8)
deadeyesamurai
Realm of Famer

Return to Figures of the Past