Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby pancho1007 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 am

yes.if it means peace.
pancho1007
Casual Realmer
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HeartBreakKid » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 am

pancho1007 wrote:yes.if it means peace.

If by peace you mean piece of pie then you got a deal El Amigo!
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Colossus also is teh wwe champion!

PROOF!!!
Image
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby therapist » Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:Colossus also is teh wwe champion!

PROOF!!!
Image

What you gunna do when his 26 inch steel pythons run wild on yoooooouuuuu brother :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Therapist wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:Colossus also is teh wwe champion!

PROOF!!!
Image

What you gunna do when his 26 inch steel pythons run wild on yoooooouuuuu brother :lol:


Ha! Well played, sir.
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I just read all the pages of the post and you are all very funny and very insightful and obviously very passionate about this storyline.

Let's just agree, for the record, that neither side really wins in this throwdown. Although fun to see both sides squirmish every 10 years, there are never any real reprecussions of a fight like this. Spider-Man will end up teaming up with all of them again, Cap and Cyke will be BBF again, and no one will like the Hulk anyway.

Surprised to see that no one has questioned Cap's motives in this one. Just a while ago, he was fighting AGAINST registration, against the very idea he's trying to pursue in this series, and that's the imprisonment of Hope Summers. Any way you look at it, whether he wants to train her or protect her, the bottom line is Cap wants to be in charge of her, keep tabs on her, and control her, which was the ideal that got him "killed." In one issue, even Iron Man brings it up, and Cap just brushes it off claiming "this is different." To me, cap has never been as narrow-minded as he is in this series, and it bothers me. It bothers me that instead of trying to work it out with Cyclops, or even Wolverine, he'd rather throwdown. That's not Captain America, that's not Steve Rogers.

The evolution of Cyclops comes to a head in this series. From Xavier's advocate to Mutant Rights Leader Magneto could never be. His hand is forces against Cap's tyranny, and although I haven't necessarily been pro-Cyke for a while, I side with his ideals in this fight.

There are interesting moments. Storm vs Panther, Rulk vs Colossunaut, Namor vs Luke Cage. Also, extremely intersting to see Iron Fist play a huge role in all of this. I'm excited to see how Scarlet Witch will factor in, and what part X-Man (Nate Grey), Rachel Summers, or even Cable will play. Maybe we're all wrong, maybe its not here for Hope. Maybe Mr. Marvel will host the Phoenix entity. Maybe Iron Fist.

Hell, maybe Spidey will take on Phonenix powers again!?!
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby 3bcustoms » Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 am

HulkSmashedMe=( wrote:I just read all the pages of the post and you are all very funny and very insightful and obviously very passionate about this storyline.

Let's just agree, for the record, that neither side really wins in this throwdown. Although fun to see both sides squirmish every 10 years, there are never any real reprecussions of a fight like this. Spider-Man will end up teaming up with all of them again, Cap and Cyke will be BBF again, and no one will like the Hulk anyway.

Surprised to see that no one has questioned Cap's motives in this one. Just a while ago, he was fighting AGAINST registration, against the very idea he's trying to pursue in this series, and that's the imprisonment of Hope Summers. Any way you look at it, whether he wants to train her or protect her, the bottom line is Cap wants to be in charge of her, keep tabs on her, and control her, which was the ideal that got him "killed." In one issue, even Iron Man brings it up, and Cap just brushes it off claiming "this is different." To me, cap has never been as narrow-minded as he is in this series, and it bothers me. It bothers me that instead of trying to work it out with Cyclops, or even Wolverine, he'd rather throwdown. That's not Captain America, that's not Steve Rogers.

The evolution of Cyclops comes to a head in this series. From Xavier's advocate to Mutant Rights Leader Magneto could never be. His hand is forces against Cap's tyranny, and although I haven't necessarily been pro-Cyke for a while, I side with his ideals in this fight.

There are interesting moments. Storm vs Panther, Rulk vs Colossunaut, Namor vs Luke Cage. Also, extremely intersting to see Iron Fist play a huge role in all of this. I'm excited to see how Scarlet Witch will factor in, and what part X-Man (Nate Grey), Rachel Summers, or even Cable will play. Maybe we're all wrong, maybe its not here for Hope. Maybe Mr. Marvel will host the Phoenix entity. Maybe Iron Fist.

Hell, maybe Spidey will take on Phonenix powers again!?!




"COLOSSUS WINS" Yeah man!!!! 8)
User avatar
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:04 am

Has anyone been reading the Vs Issues of AvsX? Fun reads, highly recommend. No story, just throwdowns. Just read Daredevil vs Psylocke and Thor vs White Queen. Check them out!
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby swanky34 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 am

Hulk i havent caught up on all my VS yet but did you read round 8 yet?
swanky34
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 am

swanky34 wrote:Hulk i havent caught up on all my VS yet but did you read round 8 yet?


not yet, i'm on round six. anything good happen in round 7 & 8?
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby swanky34 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 am

round 7 is a little slow, but round 8 is awesome, it throws a big twist into it! what do you think might happen later in this series? im interested to see the roll iron fist has to play, im kinda of glad they are making him play such an important roll. i also feel like cyttorak might play apart, as the phoenix is messing with his avatar, and we have seen before that cyttorak hates when people mess with his current avatar
swanky34
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 am

swanky34 wrote:round 7 is a little slow, but round 8 is awesome, it throws a big twist into it! what do you think might happen later in this series? im interested to see the roll iron fist has to play, im kinda of glad they are making him play such an important roll. i also feel like cyttorak might play apart, as the phoenix is messing with his avatar, and we have seen before that cyttorak hates when people mess with his current avatar


ah, i never ever thought of that. cyttorak! he definetely has to play a role! i recently became a big iron fist fan with the recent release of the immortal iron fist story line. even during the civil war, i thought it was cool when he pretended to be daredevil. i like him on the ultimate spider-man show. i'm also glad he's playing a big role in this series. i've been reading new avengers where they've been showing him as hope's mentor, but this last issue i read showed spider-man is supposed to become another of hope's mentors. very interesting!

i can't wait to read 7 and 8. i honestly don't know where they're going with it, but i know Wanda and her chaos magic has to be involved. another thing i was thinking about, why hasn't Nate Grey or Rachel Grey been selected as an avatar? and where the hell are the Shi'ar? i thought they were enemies of the phoenix? what happened to the M'Kraan crystal??? all these questions!

all i know is, it'll come down to Spider-Man to figure it out and I can't wait for (green) Hulk to fly in and SMASH! LOL
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby swanky34 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:36 am

the shi'ar i totally forgot! kid gladiator is in the x mansion, and i remember gladiator was heading towards earth! i forgot all about that! im also expecting cable to make an appearance, especially since he raised hope! i wish yo uread round 8 so i can tell you my other idea, but i cant lol
swanky34
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:42 am

swanky34 wrote:the shi'ar i totally forgot! kid gladiator is in the x mansion, and i remember gladiator was heading towards earth! i forgot all about that! im also expecting cable to make an appearance, especially since he raised hope! i wish yo uread round 8 so i can tell you my other idea, but i cant lol


ill let you know as soon as i read it!
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men 2012 "WOW"

Postby crea-torX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:15 pm

The battle between Namor and Black Panther should be great! So they say there is going to be a surprise that will keep Black Panther not to end his marriage with Storm. Can we say BABY???? \:D/ Twins would be kool! Thoughts?
crea-torX
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Memphis

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


cron