Most hated video game enemies...

Video games, role playing games, board games, and any other game that has, or could inspire, your next favorite action figure

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Most hated video game enemies...

Postby therapist » Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 am

sephiroth wrote:I couldn't get into the outbreak games. The Ubermorph in Dead Space 2 and the Regenerator in Dead Space, how annoying is constantly having to run from a badguy who regrows his limbs? At least the Regenerator wasn't around much and was slow but the blasted Ubermorph regenerates super fast.

Regenerators forced many rages that's for sure -_-;
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby shapp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:14 pm

The final boss in Tales of Destiny for the PS1

Easy easy boss to kill but it looked like a giant T-bone steak that floated with an eyeball, so very lame that it made me almost not enjoy it lol.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm

The stupid explosive collars and radio transmitters in New Vegas: Dead Money
Wesr
Realminator

Postby SpooferJahk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Those giant white creatures from Quake along with the blob enemies in the same game. Not only do you have a giant creature that shoots a lightning bolt that you can't dodge, but you have blobs that are hard to kill because they flop around all over the place when alerted. To top it off, those blobs explode when killed and harm you in the explosion.
SpooferJahk
Inductee Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I agree with some of these such as the battletoads racing levels, but my main nemesis is in one of my favorite games, Legend Of Zelda. That game I have beaten many times yet I hate the rooms with red no blue orbs, wizrobes and like-like in the second quest. the only thing that would be worse is add some blue armos in there. I just hate losing my shield, happens every now and again on the second quest, but have done it before without.
I also add kid icarus from nintendo, tried playing it and could not get past the dungeon after being turned into an eggplant.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Patraw » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:01 am

SpooferJahk: The Quake creatures you're referring to are Shamblers (white lightning spitter) and Spawns (the exploding blob). Both of which are based on H.P. Lovecraft creations, the Shamber and the Shoggoth, respectively.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby I Mandalore » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

The most annoying boss is Ridley from the Metroid games. I HATE it when he grabs you. Actually I hate ANYTHING that grabs you. And anything that poisons you. ARGH!
Genius is 99% lunacy and 1% stupidity. What is your percentage?
Honor is bravery, honesty, loyalty, and justice mixed together. Any one of these is interchangeable with dumb luck.
I Mandalore
Inductee Realmer

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Maleficent from Mickey Mousecapades.
Protoman in Mega Man.
Having to face your rival after beating the elite four AND the champion.
Running into super mutants at a low level in fallout.
Seth in SF4.
Any Bowser whom you can't defeat by running under him and pushing a button.
Zeus and Hercules in God of War 3.
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 am

Recently I had the displeasure to run across what I believe to be the most evil enemy to ever appear in a video game: the Death Slime from Wizardry Empire: Fukkatsu no Tsue (Staff of Restoration) on Gameboy Color. What makes it so bad? It can PERMANENTLY drain 99 levels of experience from any of your player characters with a single blow. There is no way to reverse it either, once those levels are gone, they're gone--hours and hours of work straight down the drain. The only thing that could be conceivably worse would be an enemy that could erase your save file. Did I mention that it has a -20 AC and 90-100% magic resistance, which makes it nearly impossible to hit, and that it can poison, paralyze, petrify, and decapitate you, all at once, on top of the level drain?

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Fri May 25, 2012 1:09 pm

patraw the death slime is truly the most hated and evil of enemies I have heard of, I could not stand the effects that creature is capable of. I thought playing and the game turning off without saving was terrible, but this thing is the worst of everything wrapped up into one mean slime.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Fri May 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Patraw wrote:Recently I had the displeasure to run across what I believe to be the most evil enemy to ever appear in a video game: the Death Slime from Wizardry Empire: Fukkatsu no Tsue (Staff of Restoration) on Gameboy Color. What makes it so bad? It can PERMANENTLY drain 99 levels of experience from any of your player characters with a single blow. There is no way to reverse it either, once those levels are gone, they're gone--hours and hours of work straight down the drain. The only thing that could be conceivably worse would be an enemy that could erase your save file. Did I mention that it has a -20 AC and 90-100% magic resistance, which makes it nearly impossible to hit, and that it can poison, paralyze, petrify, and decapitate you, all at once, on top of the level drain?

Dang... YOU WIN! This one sounds terrible.
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Patraw wrote:Recently I had the displeasure to run across what I believe to be the most evil enemy to ever appear in a video game: the Death Slime from Wizardry Empire: Fukkatsu no Tsue (Staff of Restoration) on Gameboy Color. What makes it so bad? It can PERMANENTLY drain 99 levels of experience from any of your player characters with a single blow. There is no way to reverse it either, once those levels are gone, they're gone--hours and hours of work straight down the drain. The only thing that could be conceivably worse would be an enemy that could erase your save file. Did I mention that it has a -20 AC and 90-100% magic resistance, which makes it nearly impossible to hit, and that it can poison, paralyze, petrify, and decapitate you, all at once, on top of the level drain?

I swear gameboy RPGs had the most obnoxious enemies all the way back to the Final Fantasy games.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Dr. Snorable » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm

X box 360 spider man 3 kraven level
IM STILL STUCK ON IT!!!!!!!
-DR. SNORABLE
Dr. Snorable
Inductee Realmer

Postby Xem » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Medusa heads throughout the three original Castlevania titles. That or stairs from the same titles while any flying, respawning enemy is present. Whoever thought either of those were a good idea should die in a fire.
Xem
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:51 am

Yeah, I share your hatred for Medusa Heads (the ones that can also petrify you on contact in the newer games are also annoying). I can't count the times one of those serpentine witches has knocked me into a bottomless pit.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Games of all Kinds