Figure Realm Custom Contest Leaderboard

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Figure Realm Custom Contest Leaderboard

Postby CUZTOMIZA » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Therapist wrote:I don't really like the leaderboard :? Its kind of a slap in the face to people who are lower on the board. No this isn't personal cuz I have entered one contest and it was a gag entry. But to the people who are really trying hard I could see how this could be very offensive.
Dear Mr. Therapist:

I don't think its a slap in the Face Man..Lets just say ..a pat in in the back for you to work more harder... Lets just give credit appreciate the one who exerted hell of an effort in doing this..Its not easy...

I think its how really participants performed and these are with facts & true.. Its just how you look at it and the attitude.. I'm speaking not in behalf Mr. Patraw but for my self and its not because I'm one of the guys in the top list...

When i was just starting in joining contest & I saw a lot of guys are winning contest after contest and I'm not getting any credits and I felt even if I am working so hard, I dont know if my works are still ompetitive or leveling up....And when Mr. Patraw did this leaderboard it inspired me more because I am seeing where I stand and also gives me an idea on on who are top customizers and see the quality of their winning masterpieces and benchmark mine.... Since then,I strived harder to perform well.Evidently you can see my performance improvement from the time Mr. Patraw did this leaderboard

You can actually manipulate Mr. Patraws leaderboard if you want to get into the top:
1. Even if you don't win trophies but if you have more contest entries you have the chance to get into the top
2. If you win more trophies and even if you have lesser entries you have a chance to get into the top as well
3. His stats also shows all categories you would like to see..Like Most number of Golds,Silvers etc..

SO ITS HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ON TOP...But in my case Even I'm on the top list, I dont consider myself as the topman...I am more particular on the points from thropies and wins than getting it from more entries...Its gives me an idea on the quality of work I have been doing..on how I can improve more..

In simplest way to look at it:

IF YOU DON'T WORK HARD & MOVE, FIGURES WONT MOVE
EITHER YOU TAKE IT AS A SLAP ON YOUR FACE OR FACE IT AND FIGHT
CUZTOMIZA
Inductee Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:42 am

I understand what Therapist is saying but if you look at the names, we have customizers I and probably others would consider some of the best scattered from top to bottom. The board seems to me to be more aimed at getting people involved in the contests. Someone who wins gold often but only submits one entry on occasion would fare the same as someone who enters three figures every contest. This is more a badge of participation than a who's the best!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the ThunderCats Ho! custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner G Brand scores another first place trophy and moves up from 13 points to 20 points, to tie with STANJOKER.
- Silver winner customiza is on a winning streak and snags yet another second place prize and moves up farther still from 78 points to 85 points.
- Bronze winner RedRebelCustoms grabs a second third place badge and moves up from 18 points to 25 points, to tie with Shinobitron.

Congrats to the winners!

Therapist: I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the leaderboard. I did my best, when designing it, to try to come up with as fair a system as possible that would allow everyone who participates in Figure Realm custom contests to be represented. The leaderboard's purpose is to encourage participation/competition and to give members an idea of where they stand, relative to other contestants, over time, not to be an end-all, be-all statement of who's the absolute best customizer ever. Certainly, I would rank any number of Figure Realm members higher than what their overall score on the leaderboard would indicate. However, the rankings were designed to only reflect contest results, and that's exactly what they do.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Frigid Festivities custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner customiza moves up from 85 points to 93 points. Customiza is now tied with blaynescott for the highest trophy total (eight).
- Silver and Bronze winner Madtinker76 snags two awards and leaps up from 8 points to 19 points.

Congrats to the winners!

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Japanimation custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner argenta-2008 soars up from 38 points to 45 points.
- Silver winner customiza moves up from 93 points to 99 points (just one more point and you can be the first to break the 100 mark!) Customiza is now tied with blaynescott for the most silvers (four) and is now the record holder for most trophies total (nine).
- Bronze winner G Brand climbs up from 20 points to 26 points.

Congratulations to the winners!

Bee@FUMan and sukotto are now on the board with 4 points each.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:04 am

I added a new column to the leaderboard this time around: Trophy Acquisition Rate (T.A.R.) This is a percentile measure of how "efficiently" an individual has won any trophies, which is an alternate way to look at successful contest performance. This is expressed, mathematically, by the total number of trophies an individual has won divided by the total number of entries that they've submitted. For example, STANJOKER, who has submitted three entries total, and won a trophy for every one of them, has a perfect T.A.R. of 100.0%. Obviously, if you haven't won a trophy yet, your T.A.R. is 0.0%.

I also added scoring/explanation data to the top of the table (so you don't have to go back to the first post of this thread anymore if you're not sure, or don't remember, how the leaderboard scoring works), which is something I should have done from the beginning.

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Vehicular Toyslaughter custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner customiza breaks the 100 point barrier, rising from 99 points to 106. Customiza is also the new record holder for highest trophy points (48), replacing the previous holder, blaynescott (44).
- Silver winner suprasizeme moves up from 21 points to 27 points to tie with RedRebelCustoms.
- Bronze winner kingtroy nets a trophy with their first contest submission and debuts on the board at 5 points.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!!

Dutty85 and mandalorian3sora are now on the board with 5 points each, as is Batman1016 with 4 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Independent Spirit custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner CREATIVE CUSTOMS81 jumps up from 1 point to 8, a position shared by six other Figure Realm members.
- ferrytalecustoms joins the elite few that have managed to score multiple trophies in a single contest, netting both the Silver and Bronze in one go, which results in a big boost from a single point all the way up to 12 (and ties them with BYGTOPP).

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!! It’s nice to see some new participants netting the awards.

Cosmic Fantasy Customs and KiboBeerNomad are now on the board with 4 points each, as is Strap3.0 with 5 points.

NOTICE: The bronze trophy for the previous contest, Vehicular Toyslaughter, was re-awarded to the 4th place winner, Strap3.0, because the original 3rd place winning entry, from kingtroy, was discovered to be a duplicate of an older custom that they had been previously submitted to Figure Realm's Custom Showcase in October of last year, making it ineligible as an entry. Please don't submit old custom projects to the contests that are already part of Figure Realm's Custom Showcase.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Vile Volitions II custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner sinag55 debuts on the board with a splash at 7 points total, nabbing the top spot with the Heath Ledger Joker from the Dark Knight submission.
- Stevid grabs both the Silver and Bronze awards in a one-two punch combo, netting an impressive 11 points with the Doomsday and Blastaar entries.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!! Again, it’s nice to see some first time contest participants netting the accolades. 55 entries total was a very nice turnout; thanks to everyone who participated!

CaptainZero, eldraxo, ninjinister, and pinkspacedog4 are all on the board now with 4 points each, as is boris with 5 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:38 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Digital Beatdown custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner loosecollector moves up from 13 points to 20 with the excellent Killer Instinct Fullgore custom, to tie with STANJOKER.
- The Perfectionists debuts on the board with the Silver at 6 points, thanks to the four-handed assistance of Mortal Kombat’s Goro.
- CAbOOse snags the Bronze and rises from 3 points to 8 with the help of yet another Mortal Kombat bruiser, Motaro.

adi.batara, D&DCUSTOMS, and revoltechone are all on the board now with 5 points each.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Articulation Junkie custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Gold winner darththomas81 moves up from 19 points to 26 with his MOTU masterpiece Clawful, to tie with G Brand.
- RedRebelCustoms slides on up the board with the Silver, going from 28 points to 34, thanks to Aunt Petunia’s favorite nephew, The Thing.
- D&DCUSTOMS snags the Bronze and rises from 5 points to 12 with the crimson-haired beauty, Heavenly Sword Nariko, to tie with BYGTOPP and ferrytalecustoms.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:35 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Shapeshifters custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- RedRebelCustoms’ Absorbing Man absorbs the gold trophy, moving his creator up from 34 points to 41.
- Loosecollector’s Green Hulk smashes his way into silvery second place, which is good for a boost from 20 points to 26.
- WhiskeytangosCustomShop’s Alec Holland/Swamp Thing photosynthesizes himself a bronze trophy, debuting on the board at 5 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Fairy Tales custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- NeCrollector’s Puss in Boots nabs the gold trophy purrfectly, which is good for a bump from 2 points up to 9.
- WhiskeytangosCustomShop’s Faun comes in at silvery second, providing a boost from 5 points to 12.
- G Brand’s Gaston hunts down the bronze trophy, moving up from 26 points to 31.

Also, custombase is now on the board with 4 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed May 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Dioramas II custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- riverspoon’s excellent Tony Stark Workshop fabricates a gold trophy and debuts on the board at 7 points.
- Not even the frigid temperatures of Hoth can keep Saga Toys’ Echo Base Hanger from nabbing the silver, which is good for an 8 point entrance on the leaderboard. Note: In case anyone reading this is wondering why Saga Toys has a higher score than the first place winner, despite this being the first Figure Realm contest for both of them, it’s because Saga Toys submitted three entries to riverspoon's one entry (don’t forget that you get a point for every contest submission in addition to the points for the trophy itself.)
- Thanks to CryingFreeman’s Punisher Armory, Frank Castle will never want for a gun. Third place bronze results in a 6 point debut.

Also, Revisionist Toymaker is now on the board with 4 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

Here are the updated leaderboard standings which now include the results from the Scales & Tails custom contest. If your username isn't on this list you either haven't participated in a Figure Realm custom contest yet or your current score is 3 or less (when you obtain 4, or more, points, your name will be displayed in future updates.)

- Customfig’s Leonardo Realistic Ninja Turtle shellshocked the voters and takes the gold trophy, which is good for a boost from 2 points up to 9.
- RedRebelCustom’s terrifying Killer Croc wrests the silver trophy from the cold dead fingers of his victims, moving up from 41 points to 47.
- NeCrollector’s Donatello, joins his brother Leo in the winning circle, shooting up from 9 points to 14 with the bronze trophy.

Also, windblock2007 is now on the board with 4 points.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:48 pm

There must be some mistake! I demand a recount. I am way higher up the list than I should be! [smilie=confuzzled.gif] . Thanks for keeping tabs Patraw! I never would have believed it if I didn't see this! :o
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments